New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Official Notice: Email Connection Issues Mar 09

ANSWERED
Official Employee

Official Notice: Email Connection Issues Mar 09

Some customers may be experiencing errors with their XFINITY email. We apologize & appreciate your patience while we work to fix the issue.

Updates will be posted when available.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Accepted Solution

Re: Official Notice: Email Connection Issues Mar 09

Today's XFINITY email issues have been resolved. If you are still having problems please let us know, there is a chance that it might be unrelated. 

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Comcast mail server problems the past few weeks

Please, one of the Comcast people, please respond to this.

Just what is going on with your email the past week or two? It has been up and down. I'm talking the Connect app, online webmail, and the POP3 and IMAP interfaces. Right now (8am Central time, March 9) it is very intermittent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it fails with a server error.

From all the other posts by other people, it's not just me.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Comcast mail server problems the past few weeks

Agree on all fronts.

Now when I am able to send an email today I get, "Message has been successfully sent. A copy could not be placed in your sent folder though."

Simply awful.

Silver Problem Solver

Just tried the web mail and got this:

ComcastMailError.png

Frequent Visitor

Likewise:   

Error

We're sorry. It looks like something went wrong. Please try again in a moment.
Regular Visitor

Same thing here for almost a month.. Numerous problems with email: slow to load, unable to delete messages ( and trash is not full), constant error messages, cannot load page at all. Issues too numerous to list, cannot imagine what is going on at Comcast, but this issue needs to be addressed immediately. Is someone at Comcast attempting to rectify this problem?

Frequent Visitor

I'm also getting that the "service is unavailable now."   I can log in but can't access inbox or any other box/folder.  We're paying for this??

Valued Contributor

emailerror1.JPG

Regular Contributor

Script Kiddies keep changing things and messing it up.  This new format is horrible and now all my email accounts aren't workign and I see many,many people across the area(s) are complaining about the same issue.  Microsoft & comcast just loved to shaft people........

Frequent Visitor

Same Problem Comcast not going to fix problem ??

Regular Visitor

I just finished a chat with someone from Comcast that assured me engineers are working on this server issue at Comcast. No doubt they want it fixed ASAP too, this service is too expensive to have such long term, ongoing issues. Hope everyone has their issues resolved sooon.

Frequent Visitor

Email issues

How is this still happening?  I've been trying for over 2 hours to just clean up my inbox.  One error message after another.  There's been nothing but issues with this email system since the beginning, both on a number of different computers as well as on my phone.  Why isn't this being taken care of?  I pay enough in Comcast charges and I can't imagine I'm the only one having problems.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email issues

I'm not getting any errors, just not recieving any emails from a wide range of domains.  Some work, most do not.

New Poster

Agreed. The new e-mail system provided a few positive changes, but too many negative. Currently I have 2 messages in my inbox that won't go away. They originally came in on Jan 1st along with others. All were moved to separate boxes for future reference. Then about 2 weeks later 2 of them reappeared with the 1/1 date. I can't move, delete, or Trash them. They disappear for about 30 seconds then reappear. Chat suggested to clear browsing data. Didn't help. I'm using Google Chrome. Chat wanted me to try another browser. Haven't done that yet. Don't want to go through the excitement. May do that if they don't "magically" disappear sometime. Frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

That sounds frustrating.  I believe this is just a lousy email system.  I loved the original one.  Miss it.  Never had an issue.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Notice: Email Connection Issues Mar 09

Today's XFINITY email issues have been resolved. If you are still having problems please let us know, there is a chance that it might be unrelated. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

How do we get back the old email?

New Poster

I'm having the same issues allllll morning!! Not the first time!