Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not receiving some e-mails

New Poster

Not receiving some e-mails

In past few weeks noticed more and more, not getting e-mails from some persons / companies.  Found one of many sent in Spam , found one on my phone / Samsung Galaxy 5, but not on my home network computer  Have tried e-mailing to party and have them reply but I am still not receiving. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Not receiving some e-mails

This is happening to me too!  I get comcast emails on my laptop (POP) and do NOT get comcast emails on my desktop (IMAP) 

Some people also comcast users - don't receive my emails either.   super frustrating.

Email Expert

Re: Not receiving some e-mails

@JodiSch wrote:

This is happening to me too!  I get comcast emails on my laptop (POP) and do NOT get comcast emails on my desktop (IMAP) 

Some people also comcast users - don't receive my emails either.   super frustrating.

You need to check the settings on the client on the laptop.  The default behavior with POP is that it will download the emails and then delete them from the server.  If that is happening then the IMAP account on the desktop won't have anything to "see" on the server.  Whatever client you use on the laptop should have a setting to leave a copy on the server.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation