Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Not receiving some e-mails

New Poster

Not receiving some e-mails

In past few weeks noticed more and more, not getting e-mails from some persons / companies.  Found one of many sent in Spam , found one on my phone / Samsung Galaxy 5, but not on my home network computer  Have tried e-mailing to party and have them reply but I am still not receiving. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Not receiving some e-mails

This is happening to me too!  I get comcast emails on my laptop (POP) and do NOT get comcast emails on my desktop (IMAP) 

Some people also comcast users - don't receive my emails either.   super frustrating.

Expert

Re: Not receiving some e-mails

@JodiSch wrote:

This is happening to me too!  I get comcast emails on my laptop (POP) and do NOT get comcast emails on my desktop (IMAP) 

Some people also comcast users - don't receive my emails either.   super frustrating.

You need to check the settings on the client on the laptop.  The default behavior with POP is that it will download the emails and then delete them from the server.  If that is happening then the IMAP account on the desktop won't have anything to "see" on the server.  Whatever client you use on the laptop should have a setting to leave a copy on the server.