Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not receiving emails from a specific domain

New Poster

Not receiving emails from a specific domain

I have several email accounts setup through comcast. One for each family member.

All of my comcast email accounts will not receive emails sent from my work. At first there is a report of the email being delayed:

Reporting-MTA: dns;mail1.hmscollc.com
Final-Recipient: rfc822;
SNIP@comcast.net
Action: delayed
Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:21:45 -0400
X-Display-Name:
SNIP@comcast.net

Then finally the email fails:

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: SNIP
Sent: 2015.07.07 09:22
The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

SNIP@comcast.net on 2015.07.09 09:31
Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator.
<mail1.hmscollc.com #4.4.7>

My comcast email has little trouble receiving email from other domains.

I experience no trouble sending emails from my work to other locations.

The domain of my work is "hmscollc.com". The company I work for has owned the domain for a long time and I dont think thier servers have ever been compromised or sent spam. I don't have all of the IT information of my company; I dont know the ip address ranges or email system specifics.

Is there anything I can do to send a simple email to my family without my company spending resources necessary to get the IT group involved?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Not receiving emails from a specific domain

Comcast Security Assurance manages email system security and should be able to help you with this. Call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/). They will probably want to know the IP address(es) and/or host name(s) of the sending email server(s).

The first-line reps at CSA are sometimes not so helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.