Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not receiving comcast email.

Regular Visitor

Not receiving comcast email.

My incoming email has stopped working entirely both on my mobile device and desktop. Contacts have told me they have sent me emails but I have not replied because they were never received.  I have checked my Spam and there is nothing there. 

Email Expert

Re: Not receiving comcast email.

Try sending yourself a test email from some other, non-Comcast email account you have like Gmail or Yahoo, etc.  Does it get through OK?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I'm currently having this problem now. This has been happening for the past 3 months. It is corrected the following day. Then there is a sync problem between my iPad and note 8. I have checked all recommended settings. 

New Poster

This is happening to all of comcast email accounts (main and subaccounts). Started happening late last night (2/10/18) and is continuing to happen today.

Outlook appears to "send" emails fine, but does not "receive" emails to any of my accounts. Sometimes I get a "timeout" error and other times an "expunged" error.

I can login to the webportal and it shows mail in my "inbox" but when I try to open/preview any of them, the portal just hangs.

Frustrating as heck.

Contributor

I've had issues on and over for a good year now - has been worse lately - esp last week or so...

same thing - people say they send them but I never receive them - had hubby send a test about an hour ago - still nothing, on my cell, laptop with Win livemail, and a few thru comcast.net I can't even see anything in the body of email... very frustrating - sent an important one last week and it took 2 days to get there - is comcast using USPS now to deliver??? Smiley Sad  Also tried sending myself a test from my comcast.net page - and notta - altho a test from my yahoo account came through in about 5 min...?

Sadly my friends with Verizon don't seem to have this issue...

Regular Visitor

My email started working an hour after this pot. Guess what it's not working again. I see headers but not the complete email.

Regular Visitor

I meant post and not pot

Regular Visitor

It's happening again now.

New Poster

I am having the same issue. I sent an email at 2:00PM yesterday that arrived at 9:30PM last night. Does anyone have an answer?

New Poster

My computer is getting email, but can’t get it on my phone.
Email Expert

Are you using only the webmail on the phone with a browser?  Or are you using whatever mail app that came on it?  Or maybe you are using the Xfinity Connect Mobile app?  What happens if you send yourself a test email?  When you say you can see the emails "on the computer" are you using only the browser and webmail UI?  Or a desktop client like Outlook or Thunderbird?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation