Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not happy with the change in my email. I was not even notified. How do I get the old format back

New Poster

Not happy with the change in my email. I was not even notified. How do I get the old format back

Would like to return to former email format. where are settings to change back?

Email Expert

Re: Not happy with the change in my email. I was not even notified. How do I get the old format back

Once you have been migrated, there is no way to revert to the old format.  At some point, all customers will be in the new format.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Not happy with the change in my email. I was not even notified. How do I get the old format back

Why was I not given a choice! Why the change? I did not ask for the change!

Email Expert

The new format is designed more with mobile devices in mind.  But it also functions with people using a desktop or laptop computer.  Since nearly 50% of all logins to Comcast are now done with mobile devices, this was pretty much inevitable.  It looks very much like an iCloud or Outlook.com account.  They've been rolling it out for over a year and a half now.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Well..it doesn't work very well on Mobile devices either.  Didn't work on the Desktop, Kindle, or Smartphone the other day when that new format was having issues.   Too bad Comcast doesn't just admit it is  a bad design and go back to the old format.  Instead we get to suffer this mess.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation