New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not able to send e-mail

ANSWERED
New Poster

Not able to send e-mail

This morning I went to send an e-mail and nothing is going out.

The error reading was: "SSL Negotiation failed. Unknown Error. Certificate bad. Destination host name does not match host name in certificate..."

It then goes on to say: But ignoring this error because Certificate is trusted. The connection with server hs been lost. Cause (200)."

I use the Eudora 7 e-mail program and up until this morning it had been faithful for years..And I have no problem sending e-mail directly through COmcast, but this is a real PITA.

Any suggestions welcome.

Accepted Solution

Re: Not able to send e-mail

saki11 wrote:

The error reading was: "SSL Negotiation failed. Unknown Error. Certificate bad. Destination host name does not match host name in certificate..."

It then goes on to say: But ignoring this error because Certificate is trusted. The connection with server hs been lost. Cause (200)."

I use the Eudora 7 e-mail program and up until this morning it had been faithful for years..And I have no problem sending e-mail directly through COmcast, but this is a real PITA.

Any suggestions welcome.

saki11-

Please see this thread:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ATTENTION-Updated-SSL-certificate-for-smtp-comcast-net/td-p/2549459

ComcastDaveL

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Read the post made below yours by a Comcast Moderator.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ATTENTION-Updated-SSL-certificate-for-s...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Official Employee

saki11 wrote:

Any suggestions welcome.

saki11-

Please see this thread:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/ATTENTION-Updated-SSL-certificate-for-s...

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the fix. It worked perfectly. Cat Very Happy

Regular Visitor

I can receive e-mail, but cannot send.  The fix did not work for me.  However, I was able to get my e-mail to send by right-clicking on my Comcast persona, go to properties, generic properties, and using the drop-down menu to change Secure Sockets when Sending to NEVER. 

Hope this helps someone.

Frequent Visitor

I tried after not being able to send from saki23 for several years to figure out the problem myself. Comcast didn't help at all. They couldn't figure it out. It turned out not to be difficult once I followed the breadcrumbs. I went into personalities. Clicked on my problematic personality. Clicked on Properties. The Port box was not checked. I checked it. And the "smtp.comcast.net" was not filled in. I filled it in and closed up the windows. Went to my Eudora and sent a test email using my saki23 email address. To my surprise it worked. I tried again and bingo it worked. The problem has finally been solved. 

I hope this works for you. It did for me. I was tired of getting no where with Comcast trying to help. 

Good Luck. 

New Poster

Thank you. This was a great help. my problem is resolved.