members

online now

discussions

Not Spam...and I can't fix it!!

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Not Spam...and I can't fix it!!

Incredibly frustrated....my daughter's email address is SUDDENLY considered spam.  She's had this email address for over two years, its IN my address book, and suddenly every email she sends me ends up in the spam folder.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it.  When I google 'set email filters' for xfinity, its telling me to click on the "Preferences" tab at the top.  I have no "Preferences" tab!

But this is what my screen looks like:

I don't see "Preferences" anywhere.

Is there anyone out there that can help?  

Accepted Solution

Re: Not Spam...and I can't fix it!!

msmayor845 wrote:

Incredibly frustrated....my daughter's email address is SUDDENLY considered spam.  She's had this email address for over two years, its IN my address book, and suddenly every email she sends me ends up in the spam folder.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix it.  When I google 'set email filters' for xfinity, its telling me to click on the "Preferences" tab at the top.  I have no "Preferences" tab!

The reason you are seeing what you are is that you are on the new format, and the illustration is for the old one.  Look over by your name all the way to the right, and click on the little gear icon, then on Settings.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

Comcast does not offer a way for customers to "unspam" an email address themselves, but their Security Assurance group might be able to fix this for you. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

... She's had this email address for over two years, its IN my address book ...

Having the address in your address book doesn't help: Comcast doesn't take the address book into account in determining whether a message is spam or not.

Email Expert

msmayor845 wrote:

The reason you are seeing what you are is that you are on the new format, and the illustration is for the old one.  Look over by your name all the way to the right, and click on the little gear icon, then on Settings.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you both for your help...I 'hope' I fixed it!  

I went to the 'gear' and set up a rule to have all email from my daughter's email address sent to the Inbox...hopefully that will now redirect it out of spam and where I can see it.

Gold Problem Solver

msmayor845 wrote: ... I went to the 'gear' and set up a rule to have all email from my daughter's email address sent to the Inbox ...

Please let us know whether or not that works. In my experience, mail which as been determined to be spam will not be processed by the mail filters.

Official Employee

msmayor845 wrote:

Thank you both for your help...I 'hope' I fixed it!  

I went to the 'gear' and set up a rule to have all email from my daughter's email address sent to the Inbox...hopefully that will now redirect it out of spam and where I can see it.

msmayor845-

I'll take a closer look at why it was being spam-foldered and followup with you via private forum message.

ComcastDaveL

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product; Support; Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon