Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not Receiving Email Again This Morning.

Contributor

Not Receiving Email Again This Morning.

Here we go again.  I was able to send and receive emails earlier this morning up until around 6:30 a.m. I just checked and I am not receiving any emails from Comcast.  I sent a test email just to check and it has yet to appear and that is about a half hour now.  Interestingly I can and did receive email from my other email account.  It seems as it email from Comcast.net can be sent, but not received. Looks like it's time to switch to another email service as my main email.

Contributor

Re: Not Receiving Email Again This Morning.

Same issue here.  I am now on the phone with Comcast agent.  Will see what she has to say.

Contributor

Post whatever you turn up rosebud29.  I spoke with a rep about an hour ago.  She said she'd received a number of calls about not receiving email sent from a comcast.net address.  She sent one to me from her computer and it did come through pretty quickly, but ones I send to myself as tests take anywhere from 18 minutes to 77 minutes. It is the same with my wife and sons email accounts at comcast.net too.  She escalted it to Tier 2 (?) whatever that is.  Good luck.

Contributor

She said that it could take 24-48 hours to fix the problem after she spoke to some Tier 2 person.  She sent me a test email that I received in a timely manner.  Other emails not getting through. She said engineers working on it.   Ridiculous.  We are paying for a service that might work for a  few days..and then break down.  Same cycle every week.  Tired of calling Customer Service on a weekly basis. 

Contributor

Thanks for the update rosebud29.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone from Comcast would post reliable updates periodically? I can't believe that they can't do that.

Official Employee

Hello, 

Please see my response regarding this issue in the original thread, http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/comcast-email-is-down/m-p/3019759#M190242

Please keep in mind repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is prohibited. You may find a copy of our Forums Policy and Guidelines, here

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi jrrt, 

I've replied to the original post that you commented on regarding this issue. It can be found here http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/comcast-email-is-down/m-p/3019759#M190242 

Please refrain from making multiple posts for the same issue as this is a form of spamming and is also prohibited. You can view our Forums Policy and Guidelines here.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon