Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Not Receiving All Comcast Emails

Frequent Visitor

Not Receiving All Comcast Emails

For a few weeks now I have not been receiving all my comcast.net emails.  But there really is no pattern.  I get some emails from specific domains and yet others from the same domain I get nothing...

I use a business email address that I forward to my comcast.net address and use Outlook in Windows Office Professional 2010.

I spent 79 miserable minutes on the phone with Comcast support and security support and they could not even understand my problem.  They kept saying to me "so, your can't get email"....no, I CAN get email, just not all of it.

This is a very serious issue.  As a result of not receiving ALL my Comcast email, despite Comcast telling me the domains are not blocked or blacklisted, I missed an order that needed to be manufactured and it cost thousands of dollars of downtime for a customer.  This should not happen with an email providor that I pay for.

Here is one of the "non-deliverable" messages one of my customers received - I have eliminated all personal information, names, email addresses, company names, and replaced with x's:

Subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender

This is the mail system at host gateway30.websitewelcome.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<xxx@comcast.net>: delivery temporarily suspended: host
   mx1.comcast.net[96.114.157.80] refused to talk to me: 421
   resimta-po-03v.sys.comcast.net comcast 192.185.180.41 Throttled - try again
   later. t56K1s04o0tzPrU01 Please see
   http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#RL000002

And here is another:

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: gateway21.websitewelcome.com

xxx@comcast.net #< #4.0.0 X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: host mx1.comcast.net[96.114.157.80] refused to talk to me: 421 resimta-po-11v.sys.comcast.net comcast 192.185.45.133 Throttled - try again later. qoW91s03A2sQHL001 Please see http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#RL000002> #SMTP#

Original message headers:

Return-Path: <xxx@xxx.com>Received: from cm2.websitewelcome.com (cm2.websitewelcome.com [192.185.178.13])        by gateway21.websitewelcome.com (Postfix) with ESMTP id 5534F81FD6B94        for <xxx@comcast.net>; Thu,  5 May 2016 17:18:36 -0500 (CDT)Received: from 4runner.websitewelcome.com ([192.185.82.243])        by cm2.websitewelcome.com with         id qmJb1s00J5EzU3C01mJcWN; Thu, 05 May 2016 17:18:36 -0500Received: from seg-node-elk-03.trustwave.com ([204.13.202.190]:15771)        by 4runner.websitewelcome.com with esmtps (TLSv1.2HE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256)        (Exim 4.86_1)        (envelope-from <xxx@xxx.com>)        id 1ayRbO-0007bY-DP; Thu, 05 May 2016 17:18:34 -0500Received: from mail.xxx.com (Not Verified[208.35.180.2]) by seg-node-elk-03.trustwave.com with Trustwave SEG (v7,3,5,7612) (using TLS: TLSv1, AES128-SHA)        id <B572bc6a80009>; Thu, 05 May 2016 17:18:16 -0500Received: from js-vexch2k8.xxx.local ([::1]) by js-vexch2k8.xxx.local ([::1]) with mapi id 14.02.0328.009; Thu, 5 May 2016 17:18:15 -0500From: Diane Xxx <xxx@xxx.com>To: "xxx@xxx.com" <xxx@xxx.com>, "Tom Xxx (xxx@xxx.com)" <xxx@xxx.com>Subject: New Order - POXXX - XXXXXX Thread-Topic: New Order - POXXX - XXXXThread-Index: AdGnHARjmiMCxBr4SP+PFZcSulPW5A==Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 22:18:14 +0000Message-ID: <959996667E46714D87383846B1F3D8E4315309B1@js-vexch2k8.xxx.local>Accept-Language: en-USContent-Language: en-USX-MS-Has-Attach: yesX-MS-TNEF-Correlator:x-originating-ip: [192.168.11.80]Content-Type: text/plainMIME-Version: 1.0X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse reportX-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - 4runner.websitewelcome.comX-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - xxx.comX-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - xxx.comX-BWhitelist: noX-Source-IP: 204.13.202.190X-Exim-ID: 1ayRbO-0007bY-DPX-Source:X-Source-Args:X-Source-Dir:X-Source-Sender: seg-node-elk-03.trustwave.com [204.13.202.190]:15771X-Source-Auth: flavoradX-Email-Count: 1X-Source-Cap: Zmxhdm9yYWQ7bm5pOzRydW5uZXIud2Vic2l0ZXdlbGNvbWUuY29tX-Forwarder: 4runner.websitewelcome.com

Any help with this????

Frequent Visitor

Re: Not Receiving All Comcast Emails

Anyone else not receiving some emails, yet receiving others?  And it's not domain sensitive....

Service Expert

Is there a reason why you're forwarding email to comcast.net if you're downloading it to Outlook?  You aren't able to download email from your business domain directly to Outlook?

Are you a Comcast business class customer?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I am not a business class customer.  I only work from home a day or two a week.  I am an independent contractor and have several clients.  I have "business" email addresses for all my clients with their domain.  Anything sent to any of those emails forward to my personal Comcast email address and I use Outlook as my email client. 

If there is a way for my business email addresses to download directly to Outlook, bypassing the auto forward to my email address, that would be great, but I don't know how to do that.

I do know none of the domains that I am having issues with are blocked as I receive some emails from them but not others - it's very random.  And it seems to take days before the sender gets a "non-deliverable" message.

Were you able to figure anything out using the "non-deliverable" messages I posted above? 

Thanks for any help you can give me - Comcast was clueless to what I was even describing to them.

Service Expert

In your header post above, did you click on the postmaster link to see what the error involved?

http://postmaster.comcast.net/smtp-error-codes.php#RL000002

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Yes I did. It was something about Comcast
Limiting how much email can be received. I have been using this exact set up for 5 years now and have never had an issue.

It also mention a 4xx error - there were 3 4xx errors described. All said the email will basically go into some queu and will try to send again up to a certain number of try's and then it will send a non deliverable message. The "fix" (for lack of a better word) said to have the sender "train" their server by starting to send just a few and gradually increase the number being sent. First, I should not have to tell my customers how to send emails. Second, I don't receive large numbers of emails from any of them, and third, as I said above, this is new and random. And it is a huge problem.