Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Nook and C

New Poster

Nook and C

My comcast email comes into my Nook email fine when I'm not at home, but it won't download my messages when I'm at home. I can send emails out from my Comcast account. Can anyone tell me if it has to do with the account settings or what else I can try? I'm connected to my Comcast Internet account from home, but I may not be connected to Comcast if I'm not at home on wifi elsewhere when my email will come in on my nook.

Email Expert

Re: Nook and C

I'm not familiar with a Nook, but the Comcast settings for a client are here-----------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Do your settings match the ones at that link?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Service Expert

Re: Nook and C

Karenfw52 wrote:

My comcast email comes into my Nook email fine when I'm not at home, but it won't download my messages when I'm at home. I can send emails out from my Comcast account. Can anyone tell me if it has to do with the account settings or what else I can try? I'm connected to my Comcast Internet account from home, but I may not be connected to Comcast if I'm not at home on wifi elsewhere when my email will come in on my nook.

If you're getting your emails away from home on WiFi, you would need to have WiFi at home in order to do the same.  If you have home WiFi, make sure your Nook is connected to your network.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon