Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No incoming E-mail today

New Poster

No incoming E-mail today

No incoming E-mail today. I can send out , but can't get any incoming mail. I use Mac Mail.

Can you help?

Email Expert

Re: No incoming E-mail today

Are the emails showing up OK in the webmail UI?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having the same issue with Outlook 2011. It was working fine earlier today. Now all of my email accounts are showing offline.

It's working fine on the Xfinity webmail.

Thanks,

Regular Visitor

Help. I am so so sick of Not getting my emails each week. Help. It just happens through no fault of my own
New Poster

I just checked again using Xfinity webmail, and now it shows this message:

Some customers may experience problems accessing email and voicemail through the Xfinity Connect ®.Communications Center at this time. Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause.

Email Expert

There is an outage in some areas right now, and that could be affecting you---------------

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Current-Email-Outage-Email-Unavailable-...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Why does Comcast/Xfinitity not have fail over system in place; that kicks in whenever there is an issue with a server, switch, or any other hardware related issue? 
I would hope that a company this large would have the proper fail-safes in place. 

In this day and age when people depend on this service for most everything Internet related, this should be a requirement...and one that is texted thoroughly to protect their users from such an outage. 
Most venders have a guaranteed uptime of 99%. If they fail to meet this guarentee they are fined or must offer their customers restitution. 
I know because I work for such a company and I know that most companies that have such large data and servers observe this.