Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

No e-mail starting today for me

Contributor

No e-mail starting today for me

Ha- email me when someone replies- that won't happen.   I see many others have been having the same problem.   Mine started today- tech support guy said he got an error message when he tried to fix it.  They told me the same thing- 24 to 72 hours.  Can't receive e-mails, don't know if I can send them- probably not- checked by sending one to myself- didn't get it.  That's Comcast- suddenly the Internet speeds seem a lot faster.  Downside- no e-mail.  Mobile site suggested doesn't work for me.  Sigh- maybe the US techs during the day tomorrow will do better than their Indian after-hours counterparts.  They are supposed to be always on- everyone who has experienced this probem should request a refund or each day the e-mail service was out.

Regular Visitor

Re: No e-mail starting today for me

Me too, last email 3:16 this AM. The funny thing is that I get the emails on my phone through Comcast app. I also see the emails on the Web interface. The Intrernet for me is slower than what I'm paying for, thats another issue...

Frequent Visitor

I stopped getting mail on Windows 8 several days ago and thought it was Windows. Now I can't log into comcast mail using browser either. Only thing that works is app on my iPad.

Email Expert

DickJohnson3 wrote:

Ha- email me when someone replies- that won't happen.   I see many others have been having the same problem.   Mine started today- tech support guy said he got an error message when he tried to fix it.  They told me the same thing- 24 to 72 hours.  Can't receive e-mails, don't know if I can send them- probably not- checked by sending one to myself- didn't get it.  That's Comcast- suddenly the Internet speeds seem a lot faster.  Downside- no e-mail.  Mobile site suggested doesn't work for me.  Sigh- maybe the US techs during the day tomorrow will do better than their Indian after-hours counterparts.  They are supposed to be always on- everyone who has experienced this probem should request a refund or each day the e-mail service was out.

What have you tried so far yourself?  You say you sent yourself an email-----to the Comcast address or some other?  As a test, send one from the Comcast address to an email account you have with some other non-Comcast provider like Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL or some other.  Does that go through?  Then try sending from that other account to the Comcast address-------do you get an error message, and if so what does it say? (minus any email address).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I've received no email on my iPad since yesterday morning. The emails in the "sent" and "trash" folders are gone as well. I am still receiving all my emails on my iPhone.
Gold Problem Solver

In your settings, do you have your iPad set up to leave copies of messages on the server?

You mnetion the Trash/Sent Folders.  Do you mean those in XfinityConnect or your iPad?

Check your Email Deletion Schedule:  To do:

Open your XC Inbox and click on Preferences.  Next click on the Email icon.  Scroll down to the EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE and open it.  Look at the number of days each Folder is set to when it automatically deltes all email from each folder.  While there, make any changes you wish to make to ther schedule.

Is your iPad set up NOT to delete messages from the server when you open them on your phone?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

It's working again today.  This problem has nothing to do with my system or computer- it's a sporadic problem with Comcast's system.  There are quite a few messages in the forums going back to the end of January concerning being able to send but not receive e-mails, or receive and not send or both.  They must be upgrading the speed at various times in various locations and I think that's what contributed to my inability to receive e-mails.  I couldn't get them on my Android phone either using the Comcast app yesterday.

Contributor

I don't have an IPad.

Regular Visitor

I spent most of the night with tech support online chat. They had me rebuild my account many times using IMAP to no avail. I had  my old computer still up and was able to connect with it using POP3. They finally gave up and said that a tech would call me, I set it up on the computer as pop3 email and it is working fine. I should have tried that before he had me blow away my email accounts many times. 

Regular Visitor

I don't have my ipad set up to leave copies of emails on the server.

The trash and sent folders were on my ipad.  I now have one message in the trash folder because i sent one to myself from the ipad to see if I could still send emails.

The deletion schedule for the trash is one week.

The ipad is set up to delete emails from the server when they are removed from the Inbox.

Other information:

I don't know if we have Full or Lite Xfinity--just Xfinity Internet.

No, I don't use an email client as far as I know, but I don't know what you mean by listing "a smartphone" as a client.

By browser, do you mean Safari? I don't know what a browser cache is.

The operating system is Mac OSX.

I've already given the details of the problem.

Email Expert
Moved:

Removed---bypassing language filters and off topic. Please stick to the subject of the OP. See posting guidelines------------ Posting Guidelines

Regular Visitor

Hello? Is anyone at Comcast out there? I provided answers to questions asked two days ago, but no response.