Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New version of Comcast e-mail is a disappointment

Frequent Visitor

New version of Comcast e-mail is a disappointment

I was recently upgraded to the new Comcast e-mail client after multiple requests to get it.  While it's an improvement over the old version with a modern look and feel and some of the efficiencies of other e-mail programs, overall it's a disappointment.  There are multiple glaring bugs.  For a program that has been out as long as this apparently has (I don't know when it was first released and Comcast won't tell me but I've seen references to it in the forum for at least a year) it's surprising that these still exist.  I started to make a list of them to report to Comcast but decided that would be be an exercise in futility.  Instead, I'll do what I was going to a while back and switch to another e-mail program.

Additionally, at the same time that my web version of e-mail was upgraded, the mobile app was also upgraded - I don't know if that was coincidental or related to the web upgrade.  I don't see any positive changes in the app but response time has degraded significantly. With the prior version, there was only a slight wait for my Inbox to upgrade after opening the app; now, it can take up to 30 seconds.  Again, a disappointment, especially when the prior version was operating acceptably.  If it ain't broke . . . .

Oh Comcast, despite your marketing onslaught touting your new focus on the customer and the improvements you've made to service, my experience on all fronts does not reflect that.  For me, it's the same old, same old.  I, unfortunately, live in a town where you are the only game in town - a situation that I think exists in many of your markets - so you have me over a barrel. It's obvious that you know that and calibrate your service accordingly.  

New Poster

Re: New version of Comcast e-mail is a disappointment

I also agree the new email upgrade is a downgrade.  I am unable to search through my emails, which is a major problem.

Frequent Visitor

I have just changed my evaluation from "disappointed" to "disgusted."  This is not ready for prime time and I'm angry that Comcat has foisted it on me.  While the prior version was clunky, at least I knew where the holes were and had adapted to them.  Now there is a whole new set of bugs to discover. Two that I've just stumbled on:  1) I tried to move a message to a new folder, i.e. create the new folder and put message in it; when I selected the folder icon, I found that there is not a "Create New" option.  Instead I had to close the message, create the new folder, reopen the message and move it to the folder.  2) I tried to attach two photos to an outgoing mesage but apparently there is a limit of one attachment per message (and the problem is not the size - the first folder is well below the size limit for attachments).  These are just two of many things I've stumbled on that I could do in the prior version that I can't do in the new; and they are in addition to other bugs I've found after just a couple of days of use.  What kind of company puts out such inferior product?  

Regular Contributor

Check the trend, comcast is hoping you'll get disgusted with their lack of support for proper functioning email. Verizon is doing the same thing and ending it's support for email. Use Gmail and make comcast happy.