Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New emails automatically saved on server

Frequent Visitor

New emails automatically saved on server

How do I turn on the feature that automatically saves emails on Outlook Express that have been downloaded to MS Outlook on my laptop?  I turned it off several days ago and now can not find how to turn it back on.  I need to send an email from my online Comcast account that can not currently be sent from my laptop.  However, it is not in my Outlook Express inbox folder.

Thanks for the assistance.    Doyle

Email Expert

Re: New emails automatically saved on server

You need to clarify--------are you using Outlook or Outlook Express?  What version of Outlook?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I use MS Outlook 2003 on my computer to manage my emails.  When I go to Xfinity's server I no longer have the emails that have been downloaded to MS Outlook [my computer] to see.  They have been dismissed.  

Frequent Visitor

I use MS Outlook 2003 on my computer to manage my emails.  When I go to Xfinity's [Comcast] server I no longer have the emails that have been downloaded to MS Outlook [my computer] to see.  They have been dismissed.   From reading the other referenced emails I have an older version of the Comcast program  I do not have the gear icon next to my name.  How do I get the newer version?

Email Expert

You just wait to be migrated to the new email format.  There is no schedule for it.  You will just find it switched at some point.

As for the emails on the server, it sounds like you have the account enabled in Outlook using the POP3 protocol.  If that is the case, the default behavior is that when you check your email using Outlook, it will download the messages and then delete them from the server.  But like other desktop clients, Outlook has a setting you can enable to keep a copy on the server if you want it to.  See here-----------------

https://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner-user/configure-outlook-to-leave-mail-on-server/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert
Moved:

Can't send emails from MS OUtlook.

Moved for personal information. Please don't post personal information , as these forums are open to the public.