Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New email format - Cut/Copy/Paste

New Poster

New email format - Cut/Copy/Paste

I am now unable to select text, right click. copy or cut, and then paste. A notice pops up telling me to use Ctrl+V/Cmd+V. Not even sure what Cmd+V is, but when I use Ctrl+C for Copy and then Ctrl+V for paste, a bunch of jibberish is pasted.  Is this just me? Am I doing something wrong?

Email Expert

Re: New email format - Cut/Copy/Paste

Are you on a Windows machine or a Mac?  Cmnd-V is the paste command on a Mac.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am on a Windows machine

New Poster

It is a horrible system and VERY hard to use because of the restricted options.  They have completely destroyed my contacts list. I have lost almost everyone on there and the ones that are left were duplicated at least twice.  It does not give me a way to copy a previous email sender to the contact list. Whomever came up with this new format needs to be fired!!  If there is any way possible way to restore the previous system it would be much appreciated.  I called Technical Support to ask if they could change mine back to the previous program, and they said "no".  I wonder how many other users are as unhappy as I am.  I threatened to start a petition, but I'm too lazy for that  LOL

Email Expert

jschatza wrote:

I am on a Windows machine

Try refreshing the page and see if that clears it up.  If not, try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

OMG2 wrote:

It is a horrible system and VERY hard to use because of the restricted options.  They have completely destroyed my contacts list. I have lost almost everyone on there and the ones that are left were duplicated at least twice.  It does not give me a way to copy a previous email sender to the contact list. Whomever came up with this new format needs to be fired!!  If there is any way possible way to restore the previous system it would be much appreciated.  I called Technical Support to ask if they could change mine back to the previous program, and they said "no".  I wonder how many other users are as unhappy as I am.  I threatened to start a petition, but I'm too lazy for that  LOL

I am escalating this thread to have someone look at your address book issue.  And once you have been migrated to the new format there is no way to revert to  the old one.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hi OMG2, I can look into this further for you, please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address, account number and your email address).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation