Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New email address notification

Regular Visitor

New email address notification

I have switched to Comcast recently and wanted to know what is the easiest way to notify my friends of my new email address? 
Most Valued Poster

Re: New email address notification

Compose a message to inform your everyone in your address book, and all internet accounts of you recent switch to Comcast.net.  Put all addresses in the BCC field of the message, and keep the number of recipients per message to some manageable number. 100 is the max/ message, but I would keep to 20-30 per message.

Bill

If you use the Comcast EasyChange program to transfer your email settings from the old ISP, one of the options is to notify everyone in your address book of the change.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

When I transfered I didn't see that option. Can I do it now, if so how?
Most Valued Poster

Because that EasyChange option includes a bunch of other stuff, like forwarding mail, transferring address books, and so on, you're probably better off just taking care of the notifications yourself, manually.
Most Valued Poster

Hydrohomes,

Yes, you can still use the EasyChange application to transfer emails and favorites lists as well as send a notice out to all your address-book members.  To access this tool, click on the My Account link you should see in the upper-right corner of this page and look for the Easy Change link (should be in the middle column of the page under the Email Preferences area).

When you use this application, you will be asked what actions you want to take (e.g. notify all in address book; transfer all emails to your new Comcast.net account; etc.).  If all you want to do is send out a notification to everyone on your address book, select the appropriate actions and continue through the Easy Change wizard to do this.
Gold Problem Solver
Moved: