Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New e-mail slow, unreliable, a real step backwards -

Regular Visitor

New e-mail slow, unreliable, a real step backwards -

The new changes to comcast e-mail have made it very difficult to open attachments, it is incredibly slow, receive "server not available" errors...  What can be done to address the errors?

Service Expert

Re: New e-mail slow, unreliable, a real step backwards -

gregj3477 wrote:

The new changes to comcast e-mail have made it very difficult to open attachments, it is incredibly slow, receive "server not available" errors...  What can be done to address the errors?

If the browser you are using is behaving this way, try a different one.  I use Google's CHROME for all my work on the forums, email, MyAccount & MyServices and I do not have any of these issues.   Find one that suits your needs, doesn't behave erratically and import your bookmarks into the new browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I agree 100 percent with you! This email system is 10 steps backwards! Cannot open emails, has been slow and crashed more since they changed this than it did over the past 5 years! Digusting for what we are paying! I am filing a complaint with the FTC!

Regular Visitor

Using Chrome now, and still have:

1) Incredibly slow no matter which browser is used. Clicked "compose" and the wheel has been spinning for 5 minutes
2) Attachments - Excel or Word files - must be downloaded and saved locally in order to open them
3) Constant "server not connected" errors
4) After clicking "send" on an e-mail, get a "something went wrong" error and have to start over

Regular Visitor

Rebooted, using Chrome.  Still have:

1) Incredibly slow no matter which browser is used. Clicked "compose" and the wheel has been spinning for 5 minutes
2) Attachments - Excel or Word files - must be downloaded and saved locally in order to open them
3) Constant "server not connected" errors
4) After clicking "send" on an e-mail, get a "something went wrong" error and have to start over

Regular Visitor

Now trying to do a chat session with support - after signing in, selecting my issue and typing a description, I get an error saying "there are two errors on this page".  

Regular Visitor

If you are having any or all of the issues mentioned in the previous posts, contact customer support by phone and ask to have the issues escalated.  Finally getting some help - up to Level 3 support and now forwarded to Advanced Engineering.  Be persistent.

Regular Visitor

Why should one have to change browsers just to get email to work? 

Especially if it was working with the current browser before Comcast made changes!

"Change your browser" should never be an 'answer' to a problem that was caused by a Comcast update

Frequent Visitor

its not the "new" email system, ive had it for months; its something going on with comcast themselves - this week the internet and email especially has been dragging and failing. i go back and forth between 2 browsers and it doesnt help. really annoying.