New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New comcast email and xfinity app not sinking properly

New Poster

New comcast email and xfinity app not sinking properly

Hello,

With the transition to the new comcast/xfinity email, it seems like it is no longer sinking properly with the xfinitiy email app on my iphone.  For example, if I delete an email on the app the email is still present on the email web version.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app many times and that does not seem to help.  Thank you for any help.

Email Expert

Re: New comcast email and xfinity app not sinking properly

Are you sure that the phone is using IMAP, and not POP3?  Because if it's using IMAP it should sync with the webmail.  Did you manually configure the phone app, or did you let it auto-configure it for you after inputting your credentials?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: New comcast email and xfinity app not sinking properly

Thank you for the reply.  Just to clarify, I have my apple mail app set to my apple email.  I use the comcast xfinity app independently.  Since the upgrade to the new format on comcast web email, there seems to be a disconnect between the xfinity app and the comcast webmail.  For example, when I delete emails on the webmail, they do not update and get deleted from the xfinity app.  The whole thing seems to freeze up.  I have tried installing/reinstalling the xfinitiy app on my phone many times and it does not seem to help.  The only thing that seems to help is shutting down the phone and then turning it back on, but this is only a temporary fix.  Thanks for any help.