New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Posted by
Contributor

Message 401 of 415

Believe it or not I am using Windows Live to access XFinity in POP, 2nd XFinity in IMAP and 2 gmail both in IMAP. With both XFinity emails on the web also. Not that I cover my base but have been with XFinity-Comcast for 12 plus years. They move like big government & a monopoly because that is what they are in my area. So I have build a bunch of back-up that work while the BIG machine works on fixing it. LOL

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 402 of 415

LOL, I hit "reply" to your post, I get a redirect message, and then a yellow circle "content blocked" yet I can read your message. Yeah, they're doing great.

I wanted to say that we ARE the beta testers. They just forgot to ask us if we wanted to take part in the testing.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 403 of 415

The Comcast developers bloated the web client so badly that it no longer works, and that's the problem. Unfortunately, installing third party software is a workaround, not a fix, and even it it was a legit fix, it is something not everyone has the luxury of doing (like when you're on a secured computer without admin rights). Accessing mail via the web is sometimes the only way to go.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 404 of 415

I just got the new webmail on Monday.  Most of my emails vanished.  I have called...chatted...begged...I still have missing emails between January 2015 and Monday.  This is TERRIBLE.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 405 of 415

There are two issues I have with the new look. First, there doesn’t appear to be a way to check for new mail like there was in the old version. Second, I accidentally deleted an email and went into the trash and found it, but I couldn’t find a way to move it back to my inbox.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 406 of 415

You have to click on the two arrows going in a circle to reload the page, which will bring up any new emails.

Did you try to right click on the deleted email you wanted to restore? It worked for me a few days ago. 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 407 of 415

dlundien wrote:

There are two issues I have with the new look. First, there doesn’t appear to be a way to check for new mail like there was in the old version. Second, I accidentally deleted an email and went into the trash and found it, but I couldn’t find a way to move it back to my inbox.

Try to drag and drop the message from the Trash folder to the Inbox folder.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 408 of 415

You'll probably need to use the "Move" command instead.  Drag and drop is evidently a special legacy feature reserved for Latoque and others who are not critical of this new email system :-)

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 409 of 415

Drag and drop does work under Firefox and Windows 10. It did not work under IE 11. I refuse to use Chrome or Edge.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 410 of 415

Having problem fwd'g emails on to others if attacnhments of photos, get this message uner new format: Attachment "8" not found inside mail "1267901" of mail folder "Drafts".

GREAT!! I also always move photos to other folders to reduce size of email, but now can find no way to delete photos from emails. Either I don't know secret or what?? Hate some of thes changes!!

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 411 of 415

This new e-mail upgrade BLOWS!  It has slowed my hard-wired box and Ipad to a crawl...........that is when it is working at all and not crashing.   It takes forever to compose, or delete, or move items to folders..............and why does it constantly re-shuffle your InBox???????  And, all the scripts and updates running in the background don't help matters.  I hope someone from Comcast monitors these forums, because they don't have a general Mailbox where you can send complaints like this.  I guess they don't want to hear the truth.  Hope everyone else has a better experience than I have had with this upgrade.............NOT!

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 412 of 415
Posted by
Visitor

Message 413 of 415

I haven't received email in a week. Everyone else in my house can and I'm the primary. They keep putting me off this is my main email. Getting jerked around from techs who don't know what they are doing isn't fun and I'm withholding my payment until they fix this.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 414 of 415

Agree with @whitingJohnS @Xfinity.   they have forced this new version onto my 90 year old mother.  Network crawls, new folders appearing, moving emails amoungst folders, emails missing.  do the developers think they know how we want our emails sorted and stored in folders????  Undoing years of work. Even the idea of lighter font is crazy!!!!  harder to read.  I really hope Xfinity backs all of this out.  

THEY'VE EVEN DECIDED THAT cancellingcomca POSTED THIS TREAD.....   WHO IS THAT??????     NOT ME. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 415 of 415

They can't even get my name right.  The post they claim came from cancellingcomca.... wasnt from that handle!!!  OR THIS POST!!!