Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Believe it or not I am using Windows Live to access XFinity in POP, 2nd XFinity in IMAP and 2 gmail both in IMAP. With both XFinity emails on the web also. Not that I cover my base but have been with XFinity-Comcast for 12 plus years. They move like big government & a monopoly because that is what they are in my area. So I have build a bunch of back-up that work while the BIG machine works on fixing it. LOL

Contributor

LOL, I hit "reply" to your post, I get a redirect message, and then a yellow circle "content blocked" yet I can read your message. Yeah, they're doing great.

I wanted to say that we ARE the beta testers. They just forgot to ask us if we wanted to take part in the testing.

Frequent Visitor

The Comcast developers bloated the web client so badly that it no longer works, and that's the problem. Unfortunately, installing third party software is a workaround, not a fix, and even it it was a legit fix, it is something not everyone has the luxury of doing (like when you're on a secured computer without admin rights). Accessing mail via the web is sometimes the only way to go.

New Poster

I just got the new webmail on Monday.  Most of my emails vanished.  I have called...chatted...begged...I still have missing emails between January 2015 and Monday.  This is TERRIBLE.

New Poster

There are two issues I have with the new look. First, there doesn’t appear to be a way to check for new mail like there was in the old version. Second, I accidentally deleted an email and went into the trash and found it, but I couldn’t find a way to move it back to my inbox.

Contributor

You have to click on the two arrows going in a circle to reload the page, which will bring up any new emails.

Did you try to right click on the deleted email you wanted to restore? It worked for me a few days ago. 

Email Expert

dlundien wrote:

There are two issues I have with the new look. First, there doesn’t appear to be a way to check for new mail like there was in the old version. Second, I accidentally deleted an email and went into the trash and found it, but I couldn’t find a way to move it back to my inbox.

Try to drag and drop the message from the Trash folder to the Inbox folder.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

You'll probably need to use the "Move" command instead.  Drag and drop is evidently a special legacy feature reserved for Latoque and others who are not critical of this new email system :-)

Regular Contributor

Drag and drop does work under Firefox and Windows 10. It did not work under IE 11. I refuse to use Chrome or Edge.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New e-mail system

Having problem fwd'g emails on to others if attacnhments of photos, get this message uner new format: Attachment "8" not found inside mail "1267901" of mail folder "Drafts".

GREAT!! I also always move photos to other folders to reduce size of email, but now can find no way to delete photos from emails. Either I don't know secret or what?? Hate some of thes changes!!

New Poster

This new e-mail upgrade BLOWS!  It has slowed my hard-wired box and Ipad to a crawl...........that is when it is working at all and not crashing.   It takes forever to compose, or delete, or move items to folders..............and why does it constantly re-shuffle your InBox???????  And, all the scripts and updates running in the background don't help matters.  I hope someone from Comcast monitors these forums, because they don't have a general Mailbox where you can send complaints like this.  I guess they don't want to hear the truth.  Hope everyone else has a better experience than I have had with this upgrade.............NOT!

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I haven't received email in a week. Everyone else in my house can and I'm the primary. They keep putting me off this is my main email. Getting jerked around from techs who don't know what they are doing isn't fun and I'm withholding my payment until they fix this.

New Poster

Agree with @whitingJohnS @Xfinity.   they have forced this new version onto my 90 year old mother.  Network crawls, new folders appearing, moving emails amoungst folders, emails missing.  do the developers think they know how we want our emails sorted and stored in folders????  Undoing years of work. Even the idea of lighter font is crazy!!!!  harder to read.  I really hope Xfinity backs all of this out.  

THEY'VE EVEN DECIDED THAT cancellingcomca POSTED THIS TREAD.....   WHO IS THAT??????     NOT ME. 

New Poster

They can't even get my name right.  The post they claim came from cancellingcomca.... wasnt from that handle!!!  OR THIS POST!!!

Contributor

WHEN will this new email service start working. It's been very unstable the minute it was started. In the last week, we've had two major email service interruptions. I'm tired of talking to that automated lady, and listening to her pay-per-view ads while I'm trying to get in touch with a service tech (all in the Philippines it appears). Comcast/Xfinity has no telephone number for customer service ... I've searched and searched, but nothing. I'd like an actual customer service telephone number, not a CHAT or FAQ page, and once in a while I'd like to speak to a tech who has a command on the English language. In a nutshell, your mail service is LAME. It was out starting at about 1:00 am today. It's all getting so OLD. And PS, how about a phone number for Customer Service ... every corporation should have one.
Regular Contributor

Comcast needs to bring "support" back to the US. The offshore ops are not working. Put cheap gas in the car, don't complain when the engine blows.

Email Expert
Moved:

Removed-------language bypass in unhelpful post.

Frequent Visitor

The new e-mail is VERY unreliable and slow to load.  It has gone down twice for extended periods in the last two weeks.  After the last multi-hour outage I notice the TRASH folder no longer counts the number of total items in Trash nor the number of unread items.  

Problem Solver

It's acually down again now.

Problem Solver

Update: now it's back online
New Poster

Can't access webmail.  Keeps telling me there was an error and to try again later.  Been since Friday.

Frequent Visitor

My email was down 4/30 most of afternoon.  Today it comes up, but takes several log in trys.

Still not happy with "new" format, would like to go back.

Ron    southern NJ

Contributor

OH MY GOSH. Please tell me this is a bad, bad dream...please tell me that the latest "upgrade" isn't putting all emails on the same topic into a "Conversation" format like Gmail. This is why I choose to use Comcast over Gmail, because of how many emails are lost/missed once placed into a single "conversation."

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that there is an option to View my emails as they are meant to be viewed and not in this way. PLEASE. Please.

Email Expert

ellenthebanned wrote:

OH MY GOSH. Please tell me this is a bad, bad dream...please tell me that the latest "upgrade" isn't putting all emails on the same topic into a "Conversation" format like Gmail. This is why I choose to use Comcast over Gmail, because of how many emails are lost/missed once placed into a single "conversation."

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that there is an option to View my emails as they are meant to be viewed and not in this way. PLEASE. Please.

You could just turn off Conversation as a sorting criteria.  At the top of the Message list click on "Sort by".  You will see Conversation as the last option.  If it's checked, uncheck it.  Also, you have the same option in a Gmail account.  You will find it under General in your settings.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Thank you very much. It was never an issue until today, after Webmail was down all morning. Do you know if they reset the defaults?

Email Expert

O'm not sure what the default was to tell you the truth.  So I can't say they did change it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Your new webmail version is absolutely HORRIBLE! I cannot send a group email anymore without entering each person. I host a lot of meetings and need to email clients and your new version will not allow me to copy myemail list off of an excel spreedsheet nor will it allow me to copy email recipiants from my old emails that I sent. CHANGE IT BACK.

Contributor

We have been going round and round with Comcast with this email thing for quite some time now. It seemed to work OK for a few weeks and then the problems started again last week. This morning things were fine and then all of a sudden it refused to open emails, trash anything etc. Same old problems.

Comcast go back to the old system. Nobody likes this buggy new email.

New Poster

The update to our webmail is awful.  Some days it takes me hours to get on my email account.  I am not the only one complaining.  Many other customers are having the same problem so its not my computer.  We pay a lot of money to you and we expect you to deliver a good product.  That isnt always the case.

New Poster

The interface is clugy and I'm not a fan.  The back browser button doesn't take you pback to your inbox you have to physically click on Inbox.  When you change the interface or other things you need to provide some information like where certain things have moved to. For example to import my address book I had to hunt forever to find where the import link is and there is no way to export my address book.  Believe it or not I may decide to move to another provider and you have my contacts as hostages. That is uncool!

Contributor

Just an FYI: when I called last month about this ongoing problem (it's on and off today) I was arrogantly told that we get this email service for FREE. Yes, that's what the rep said. So in effect, complaining how much money we pay for it doesn't hold water with them. Rep never admitted they were having huge tech problems with the email. They will always blame the consumer.

Regular Contributor

Corporate does not care and likely does not use the same buggy webmail and apps we are using. I got the same "free" argument (if they get sued, they will use this) when I asked for a credit on my account. There are people wno need this e-mail to work like real estate agents. Every day something breaks.... mails don't send, delayed delivery, items in the folders reappear, mysterious items remaining in drafts, "server unavailable", myraid of eror codes, on and on and on.

They put this together for the cheapest possible price in India. Their call centers are in the Phillipines. They can't be understood. You open tickets and they are ignored.

New Poster

Why would force your customer to switch from a easy intuitive email system into a this hot mess

Please offer your paying customers a way to restore the old email system

Silver Problem Solver

Again, I need to stress that there is NO requirement that you must use Comcast's email. There are tons of 3rd party email services that are not tied to your Internet service provider: Google's GMail, Microsoft's Outlook.com (if you have Windows 8 or 10 and are using a Microsoft login, then you already have an outlook.com email address), Yahoo, and many others.

New Poster

The new webmail format is a complete failure.  It does not provide user ease and is totally unnavigable.  Kindly return to the former style.

Frequent Visitor

new email system is too unstable to be sustainable. Its likely the new format was cost saving move and not one that was intended to provide "more modern" appearance as was advertised during its roll out. Comcast has two choices: 1) scrap new system and go back to previous one and continue to provide reliable email service to customers or 2) get out of providing email service all together. The latter probably gives their competitors a fairly significant edge. 

New Poster

This new e-mail is terrible. Firstly, it takes 10 times longer to load than the previous e-mail service. Secondly, the appearance is a huge step back. When it first loaded, after taking about 30 seconds, I thought that it was some kind of error or "safe load" page because it is just so plain and barebones looking. It lacks the intuotiveness of the previous version, and I know that I lost a couple folders.

Contributor

Can't get to my mail. Every time I click on the envelop, it opens a new window with the same content rather than the email interface.

All I want to do at this point is set it to forward to my real email account so I don't have to use this C@#P anymore, but I can't get in.

Regular Contributor

Back to the old problem of things not deleting from the inbox unless you hit the spinning wheel. "The wheels of the e-mail go round and round". It is also slow loading folders again.

Email Expert

dbvirago2 wrote:

Can't get to my mail. Every time I click on the envelop, it opens a new window with the same content rather than the email interface.

Clear your browser's history and then restart it in a fresh session.  I had this happen today and that's how I fixed it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Not sure why this "update" had to be done.  Old email worked fine.   This new system is so slow it is painful.  It takes me 3 or 4 tries to log in now; it times out before I connect.  Once in it feels like I am back on a dial up modem, it is so slow.  I am use Safari on a MacBook  - not sure if this has any bearing on my new results.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Contributor

Well said. It seems obvious they have no intention of rolling back the email. It's a shame since we have had Comcast almost since the day they rolled it out to the public. Most of the time the email was easy and had few problems. Since the recent overhaul, there have been more problems than all those years rolled together.

I know nothing will change despite our pleas. Right now I've divided my emails with another service with the view to eventually dropping Comcast email altogether. 

Contributor

Tried that. Acted like it was going to go and then back to the same behaviour. 

Also, this was all after a fresh boot, so the memory cache was empty. 

Contributor

Did another reboot and clear history and it finally got in. Spun wheels for several minutes first. All that to find out that, as I thought, I already had my mail set to forward. Haven't been getting any. So, since the site won't let me change my primary email address and I'm no longer getting invoices, I'll be going back to paper bills. 

Great job

Email Expert

dbvirago2 wrote:

Did another reboot and clear history and it finally got in. Spun wheels for several minutes first. All that to find out that, as I thought, I already had my mail set to forward. Haven't been getting any. So, since the site won't let me change my primary email address and I'm no longer getting invoices, I'll be going back to paper bills. 

Great job

Yes, you can change the Primary if you want to:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/change-your-primary-account-user/?eqs=50A58F20...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Contributor

Same problem today - watch the pulsating dots and then it reverts to the Xfinity homepage instead of email inbox.  Tried to clear cache and history and got in once, but success is not repeatable.  This is getting worse and worse.

Contributor

Same-O Same-O or SSDD... It's, all the same, this is the worst email client on the market,I just don't want to switch, everything I do is through my Comcast mail that is constantly broken. Will this ever be fixed I am guessing not, .maybe they should hire some techs that know what they are doing?

Contributor

Here it is again today 5-11------PLEASE FIX IT.

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 17:11:48 2017
Apache
Email Expert

bob0006 wrote:

Same problem today - watch the pulsating dots and then it reverts to the Xfinity homepage instead of email inbox.  Tried to clear cache and history and got in once, but success is not repeatable.  This is getting worse and worse.

It just happened to me about an hour ago.  I tried with both Chrome and Safari, and I kept getting redirected to the homepage.  Now, all of a sudden it works.

Go figure

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon