New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 351 of 512

You just wait for it to happen.  I don't know what criteria Comcast is using to determine who gets migrated at any particular time.  I have 3 Comcast accounts at the moment, one of which is in the new format.  The other two are still on the old one.  New customers are automatically getting the new one.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 352 of 512

New customers shouldn't be getting it automatically first Woman Frustrated Old customers should be getting it automatically first and New customers should be getting it last, not fair Woman Frustrated

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 353 of 512

oneilb83 wrote:

New customers shouldn't be getting it automatically first Woman Frustrated Old customers should be getting it automatically first and New customers should be getting it last, not fair Woman Frustrated

I'm guessing it's a lot more involved to change over existing accounts than it is to start someone new from scratch.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 354 of 512

I have the new email & to be honest you don't want it. I have been using for a month or so & it is clunky to say the least. Logging in is very slow have no idea why because I have very few emails in the system. Also the email indicator on the XFinity web site doesn't indicate correctly mostly doesn't reveal anything. Otherwise it works just like a Beta that Comcast puts out that is no more than a test that will be sometime before it will work correctly. So get ready for a long test before it will work correctly. 1 thing they did fix is that at least it calls you by the real name and not Guest.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 355 of 512

I do want the new format and I want it right now cuz I'm sick of the old format as it stinks 

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 356 of 512

Incoming email has wrong time?

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 357 of 512

sailingunc wrote:

Incoming email has wrong time?

If you are on the new format, on the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings>>>>>>Basic Settings and you will see the option to set the time zone.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 358 of 512

Trust me you do NOT want the new email system. It is down at least once per week sometimes for minutes other times for hours, even when it is "working" it takes a full 10 seconds of sitting and watching the spinning dots till it actually comes up after clicking into it. It goes into "fault" on almost a daily basis.  It's Ridiculously slow and full of bugs. If you think the old email format stinks you haven't seen anything yet!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 359 of 512

Amen to that. Xfinity is always fixing what is not broke.

So far: Several times a day keep getting "The connection to remote server imap.email.comcast.net was refused or timed out while attempting to connect." The only way to get it back on track is to dump the trash, even if there is little there to get rid of.

Sometimes when hitting "Trash" it has a nervous breakdown. I am seeing (all in a light grey color) emails I deleted from the entire year of 2016. No solution to that except to close the email program and wait a while.

Pulled up a draft message to work on it and what I had typed before was entirely in HTML.

Arbitrarily chooses to send messages into spam. No matter what I do, it continues to do this. I've missed emails from friends, internet purchases etc. because Xfinity decided they were spam.

Soo....anyone who can't wait to get this new level of enjoyment from Xfinity--be careful what you wish for.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 360 of 512

The new webmail was rolled out about a month ago.  I have experienced nothing but grief, including all of the following:  slow startup (sometimes as long as a minute), refusal to delete emails (error messages saying my mailbox is full--that isn't so, because I delete emails frequently), random server messages ("Something happened, try again later."), displayed number of messages in Trash is incorrect, etc.

It is clear that the rollout was a miserable failure and is getting worse rather than better.  COMCAST should at least have the decency to roll back to the predecessor version until you get your technical act together.  

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 361 of 512

I have to agree that the old email was much better than the new, The amount of time sitting in front of a blank screen or those insufferable three dots is infuriating..  Maybe one of our email experts could weigh in on this problem.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 362 of 512

I agree, this new format is terrible. Slow login, lost sent email history and now I cannot delete anything. Very unhappy and want the old format back or will switch to something else.

bobgail wrote:

I have the new email & to be honest you don't want it. I have been using for a month or so & it is clunky to say the least. Logging in is very slow have no idea why because I have very few emails in the system. Also the email indicator on the XFinity web site doesn't indicate correctly mostly doesn't reveal anything. Otherwise it works just like a Beta that Comcast puts out that is no more than a test that will be sometime before it will work correctly. So get ready for a long test before it will work correctly. 1 thing they did fix is that at least it calls you by the real name and not Guest.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 363 of 512
Posted by
Contributor

Message 364 of 512

There is no shame in admitting that the new email is way too buggy and that they need to retrace their steps. The only way to get rid of that error message I mentioned in my previous post is to empty the trash, even if it has 25 emails in it. That seems to work--for now; but I shouldn't have to do something like that.

C'mon, Comcast, back to the drawing board.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 365 of 512

I think of it this way they may need to continue on no problem, but need to put attention on what they are doing. I would also recommend that they work with the users to make sure all is working according to their design & listen to those that are having issues & attempt to clean them up. Making mistakes is no problem but denial is a real problem. Trying to work openly with this change & the users might be the easiest way to clear it of those real bugs that maybe present & get after the repair. The old system maybe outdated & need serious improvement if true do it with clear transparency. Maybe a forum site that deals with every issue & pays attention to the comments?

Posted by
Contributor

Message 366 of 512

I want the new e-mail format, I'm getting sick of the old format, I have the new e-mail format on my other 3 accounts but still not on the one I'm using right now Woman Frustrated

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 367 of 512

The problem is not the users.  They are doing exactly what they should.  The problem is the bad software COMCAST has implemented.  The only email experts who could do some good are those who could modify this bad software.  

If this travesty continues, my friend the lawyer tells me he is contemplating a class-action lawsuit against COMCAST.  These email problems have a real cost in lost time and money, that is borne by the customers.  

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 368 of 512

The serious problem is that the software won't allow the user to delete emails.  I have 800+, and the software won't let me delete them.  I select all in the trash, but the software just sits there.  If you multiply that by large numbers of users, it is no wonder the email system is breaking down.  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 369 of 512

What happened to the ability to print the Address Book? I used to be able to do that, but I don't see a way now.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 370 of 512

I have written previously about deleting emails. It's on and off--but now the problem is mostly on. When the new email was first implemented, I was seeing (all greyed out but readable) emails going back to 2013 and even earlier. What the frig?

Here's what I have been doing. Whenever that message appears and I can't trash anything, I go to the trash on the left sidebar and completely empty the folder, even if there are only 5 in it. That works for a short while, but then again the problem is back.

COMCAST-PULL THIS BUGGY, ANNOYING EMAIL PROGRAM. GIVE US BACK THE OLD ONE UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE DOING.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 371 of 512

The problem spreads. This morning that same server error is appearing when I try to open an email. It shows up where the message should be. The emails where this happens are random. 

I called Comcast and am waiting for a tech to call back. The rep admitted they are getting tons of calls and that their people are working on it. Just want to direct them to this thread. We deserve better.

This should have been released as a beta and then let the user decide whether to try it or not. That way they could have gotten feedback on any bugs and corrected things accordingly. We'll have to wait and see.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 372 of 512

mbkmetzko wrote:

What happened to the ability to print the Address Book? I used to be able to do that, but I don't see a way now.

The Print and Export function in the new format have been taken down because a bug was found in the software.  I have not seen any expected fix date so far.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 373 of 512

Thanks for the info. There seem to be a LOT of bugs with this software...even worse than Windows 8 when it was released. Comcast should have done more testing before implementing it, rather than making its customers the beta testers. :-(

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 374 of 512

I was finally able to delete the emails.  On most computers, there are two Delete buttons.  I learned that one of them would delete emails on the COMCAST web email, but the other would not.  I have confirmed that this is not a problem with my computer or any other software I use.  

Posted by
Contributor

Message 375 of 512

Still don't have the new e-mail format what gives Woman Frustrated

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 376 of 512

Stay with the old as long as you can. Today I started getting this strange blue log in screen dated from 2015! The log in screen doesn't work and just returns an error. Looks like Comcast is going the way of Verizon with it's support for email. Meanwhile I've migrated about 75% of my email to Gmail which works flawlessly. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 377 of 512

I haven't had near the problems you have for sure. I am using the W-10 Edge browser but have also used the IE11 & Chrome. My only real difficulty is with the slow loading of the site. Also I typically use my desktop email system to do everything with the email & not their website mail system. The only thing I use it for is spam blocker & deleting the mail on the web. I have always had a gmail used as a back up. Comcast email system was way to clunky with the older & newer system.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 378 of 512
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 379 of 512

Someone please tell me what this is? A log in screen dated 2015? Why Comcast?

Untitled.png
Posted by
New Poster

Message 380 of 512

The new email is a disaster! When I open to see emails, it takes at least 30 seconds, and up to 2 minutes for my emails to appear. This is ridiculous. On top of this, the system locks up or is extremely slow. PLEASE tell me how to get the old mail screens back!

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 381 of 512

Yeah, uh huh. This new email format / program is a disaster. However I have found a solution, use a different email service. I've had enough. I believe Outlook and Gmail are free. Now if I could just live without TV or internet there would be no need for comcast in my house. No chance of that though. Only hope that when I switch Comcast doesn't lose all my contacts.

In closing I give the new email format a 1 out of 10, there is NO beat and you certainly can't dance to it. To the Dilbert Dinkelberry who designed / wrote the mess, " Pull your head out ". 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 382 of 512

mrevil714 wrote:

Yeah, uh huh. This new email format / program is a disaster. However I have found a solution, use a different email service. I've had enough. I believe Outlook and Gmail are free. Now if I could just live without TV or internet there would be no need for comcast in my house. No chance of that though. Only hope that when I switch Comcast doesn't lose all my contacts.

In closing I give the new email format a 1 out of 10, there is NO beat and you certainly can't dance to it. To the Dilbert Dinkelberry who designed / wrote the mess, " Pull your head out ". 

I am slowly gravitating to Outlook/Hotmail, retaining Comcast only because I've used it for so many years it must be on hundreds of websites and forums I belong to. I like the interface of Hotmail. Pleasing to the eye and easy to use. And I've never had these ridiculous things happen when using it. I would suggest to stay away from Yahoo. They've experienced too many problems regarding hackers. Never used GMail so I'm not sure how good it is.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 383 of 512

According to Comcast insiders, the plan is to FIRST complete the migration of all Comcast subscribers to the new platform (this month?) and THEN troubleshoot the problems everyone is experiencing!   Yes, that is completely backwards, but akin to the "repeal and replace" mentality that has swept the land.  Let's keep the heat on Comcast!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 384 of 512

That's what I was thinking. But what reputable provider does that? First a program should be offered as beta and solicit people to try it out. You don't just throw it at subscribers and hope for the best. Very bad business practice, Comcast.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 385 of 512

I've only had it a couple of weeks, and it's been a constant pain. What a horrible, clunky, user hostile front end they've developed. Slow, error prone, and fustratingly unreliable.

The old interface wasn't great, but at least it was a little more responsive. This is just unacceptable (like we have a choice).

Posted by
Contributor

Message 386 of 512

I'm breaking down into uncontrolled laughter at these posts!! Folks, if you have been with Comcast for more than a few months you should already know that management doesn't give a hoot what customers want, need to experience. Bad servers? Bad designs? Broken promises? Rolling out new versions without taking time to beta test? Letting problems build rather than addressing them? Denying problems even exist? Yeah -- that's the Comcast business model. This isn't anything new. Yeah, the new email is riddled with issues, but what did you expect? I long ago gave up on expecting anything else from the company. 

But, possibly someone here has found a work-around for the issues we are now experiencing: we have two separate e-mail accounts, but suddenly we can only access one when we are away from the office. In the office I can use Outlook and our server, but in the field I am relient upon Comcast webmail and suddenly our second account has gone missing. It shows up in the list, but we cannot open the account. This means we cannot retrieve e-mail for that account when outside of the office. Weird and difficult to figure out for a non-tech person. Ideas? [This may be something simple that we are just missing because neither of us are tech savvy. Thanks!] 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 387 of 512
Posted by
New Poster

Message 388 of 512

I have found the new email format to be virtually unusable. Here are few of the frustrations:

1. Can't cut and paste from any email you have received or sent. You must re-type from scratch any dialog you wish to use in a new email.

2. Can't print out contact list from your main address list or from a contact group list in your address book.

3. Can't add a new contact to your address book by right-clicking on the name of the person you received an email from. Can't add a new contact in any way unless you click "add contact" and completely re-type new info from scratch.

4. Any new contact you add to address book won't show the first name in your address book list, only the last name. Can't get it to show first name in address book list in any way.

5. Folder list on left side of screen randomly dissappears for seemingly no reason. I have to sign out and restart my computer, then sign back into xfinity to get them to show up again.

I spent almost an hour on the phone with technical support and they were unable to resolve any of thess issues, as they DO NOT HAVE THE NEW WEBMAIL VERSION THEMSELVES. They have no idea what it looks like or how it works and no information on when they will get it. Unbelievably lousy and unprofessional rollout of this horrible new "look" for email.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 389 of 512

My feelings exactly!!!!

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 390 of 512

BB51 wrote:

I have found the new email format to be virtually unusable. Here are few of the frustrations:

1. Can't cut and paste from any email you have received or sent. You must re-type from scratch any dialog you wish to use in a new email.

I can copy and paste with no problem from either the Sent folder, or a message in the Inbox.

2. Can't print out contact list from your main address list or from a contact group list in your address book.

The Print feature, and the ability to Export contacts has been taken down due to a bug in the software.  At this time no anticipated fix date has been forthcoming.

3. Can't add a new contact to your address book by right-clicking on the name of the person you received an email from. Can't add a new contact in any way unless you click "add contact" and completely re-type new info from scratch.

Click on the name of the contact in the From: field in the header of the message.  You will get a dialogue box, and in the upper left corner you will see a link for "Add to address book".

4. Any new contact you add to address book won't show the first name in your address book list, only the last name. Can't get it to show first name in address book list in any way.

I've not encountered this issue before in the forum.  Mine display just as they should.  Do you mean in the address book itself?

5. Folder list on left side of screen randomly dissappears for seemingly no reason. I have to sign out and restart my computer, then sign back into xfinity to get them to show up again.

See if this applies to you---------------------

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/view-forlders-in-email/m-p/2839240#M171949

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 391 of 512

I wish Comcast would leave the E-Mails alone.  Every time they change it THEY CHANGE IT FOR THE WORST.  Now my E-Mails arrive in TWO columns, on the left side the topic of the E-Mail and on the right side MY OPENED E-MAIL.  Thus not giving ME the opportunity to delete suspicious E-Mails without opening them. And now I cannot even make copies of my E-Mails.  Whoever "invented" this change SHOULD BE FIRED!  Direct TV is surely in my NEAR FUTURE.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 392 of 512

lamictal wrote:

I wish Comcast would leave the E-Mails alone.  Every time they change it THEY CHANGE IT FOR THE WORST.  Now my E-Mails arrive in TWO columns, on the left side the topic of the E-Mail and on the right side MY OPENED E-MAIL.  Thus not giving ME the opportunity to delete suspicious E-Mails without opening them. And now I cannot even make copies of my E-Mails.  Whoever "invented" this change SHOULD BE FIRED!  Direct TV is surely in my NEAR FUTURE.

Click on "View" at the far right end of the toolbar to change the layout.  You can select emails without opening them by just checking the small box to the left of the message.  To copy an email, click on the "hamburger" icon at the right end of the toolbar and select "Copy" from the drop-down.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 393 of 512

As for today I have had it.  You fail comcast.  My day's issues with other services due to your email upgrading and lack of ability to get too my email reliably makes me give you a 0 zero rating in reliabilty.  More reason to just use  a Gmail or some other account and never go back to any isp connection provider for email.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 394 of 512

This service is a complete faliure. When it works, it's frustratingly slow.

I occasionally get this wonderful message:

2017-04-03_13-20-36.png

And often the three pulsating dots...with no hope in sight.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 395 of 512

Took 5 minutes on the third try just now.  So frustrated that they don;t do anything about this.  SWITCH us back to the old.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 396 of 512

I help my brother with something of the same issue. He was using IE11 so I went to my operating site that I could access all XFinity features. Then I sent him via email my.xfinity.com link and told him to close all of his stuff and all web browsers reboot his machine. Then go to his desktop email and hit the switch I emailed to him. It open his IE11 browser & everything worked properly again. Don't ask me why but it worked for him. Good luck for you is all I can wish here.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 397 of 512

Upgrading Comcast email service is fine, BUT it sure would be nice if I could access my email account now.  It has been two days that I've been unable to view my messages.  System just clocks.  And yes, I can log into my Comcast account, But I can not access my email.  If memory services me right, when you make changes or upgrades to a system, you first do beta testing, then certification testing before moving changes into production.  And I am not going to call any more of Comcast Call Centers. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 398 of 512

Yep...it just took me 15 minutes of trying over and over again to get to my Xfinity / Comcast mail. I opened an Gmail account a couple weeks ago. Once I'm sure I've let everyone, friends and vendors, know what my new email address is, I'm not even going to bother with my Xfinity email anymore. It's too frustrating.

I'll repeat what I said before, whoever had a hand in buidling and implimenting this supposed upgrade should be fired. You took something that worked just fine and broke it! Idiots!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 399 of 512

Not sure I follow how "bobgail" solved the problem we're all having.  I use IE11 and have rebooted thousands of times since the "new look" email was foisted upon me and it's still unpredicatable with the 3 dots dancing around forever or messages such as "server unreachable."     Tried other browsers but they were no better.

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 400 of 512

The only real fix is to stop using the webmail. Use something like Thunderbird or even Microsoft's mail software. If you configure it to use IMAP, the two will remain in sync, so you can use the webmail when it works, or the other software when not.