New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 151 of 512

I have several filters set up and they used to work. But some of them don't do what they are supposed to any more. When I go to Preferences and try to edit and save it says "unable to save filters."

Spam filtering still works okay but I get forwarded email from a couple of older guys I know who think the stuff they forward is real, or useful. Most of them seem to go into the folder I selected but tonight one of them popped up in my inbox again.

Just don't want that junk cluttering up my phone when I am checking email during lunch at work. Don't want to use the work computer for that and I will be hung out to dry if I use my cell data to tether my laptop.

Added item: Of course it still says Welcome Guest after I have logged in.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 152 of 512

I have an IMAC and browser is Firefox.  Ever since the email upgrade I have been listed as "guest" on my email.   First customer service call failed to find a solution. I received a callback, told it was being worked on by higher ups, was given a $25. credit and a case number.   After that I called several times - nobody could solve - the case # had disappeared.  Was given another new case #.  Nobody called. Never been solved. Service could not find a case #.   Each time they try clearing caches & history and changing password.   They assure me my user name is fine.  I am getting my emails despite the glitch.  However my work is interrupted several times a day with message "You will be signed out in 5 minutes -save your work and sign in again".   I'm told this is security measure, part of the "guest" problem.  How can I contact a Comcast supervisor in the USA who deals with Comcast's  email provider and can possibly solve this annoying problem?   I do not have triple play or voice.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 153 of 512
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 154 of 512

A couple of new observations:

1)  I was researching a question for a poster, and I entered a fake email contact in the Address Book in the new format.  I did this using my desktop computer.  I then went on my iPhone and signed into the account with Safari.  Then I began composing an email, started typing the phony contact into the To: field and it appeared immediately in the auto-fill.  This is much faster than with the old format and Plaxo address book.  Sometimes it took forever for a new contact to show up.

2)  While doing said research, I clicked on Settings, and noticed that "Filter Rules" does not appear as an option on the phone.  Remember I'm talking about signing in through Safari, not using the Mail app on the phone or the Xfinity Connect Mobile app.  Is this an oversight or am I missing something?

ETA:

Here is a screen shot of my iPhone running the latest iOS------------------------

iPhone Screenshot of Comcast email settings new format.PNG

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 155 of 512

I agree with this comment.  There seems to be no way to underline, can't figure how to set up a new email folder, & I miss the spell check terribly.  Sure the misspelled word is indicated but no suggestion of correct spelling.  There are times when I am thrown out of email and must log on again.  There are features at the top, one that I frequently  use at the far right that allows m e to copy, paste, download, etc. but suddenly it goes full screen and they have disappeared.  I can't even find a way to exit that screen other than "Control, Alt, Delete" which begins a shut down, then qickly log on again when the "cat's face" appears.  

Using this email setup has been the most frustrating experience for me.  I'm thankful that I'm not alone in this and that others have voiced their complaints.

Thanks

Posted by
Silver Problem Solver

Message 156 of 512

Latoque

I notieced that the abiltity to not save filters appears to only occur on existing filters. And you can't combine email filters from one filter into an existing filter to make things less cluttered, it says filter already exists even if you delete the filter you are pulling a email address out of that filter.

Adding new filters get saved.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 157 of 512

SAme here! Help!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 158 of 512

I'm quite fed up with this so called new and improved email system, it really is bad, 10 times worse than the previous one. Now I'm getting "lost contact with server" notices, or "long running scripts" (what the heck is that anyway), "the server is down", and those round arrows are constatnt circling, geez that's annoying.

My address book is still not the way it should be (had the world's wonder of a slow sync several times, I see no difference) No drop down box when composing like the previous system, when the curser is in the TO box, the drop down box should show all the available address' with a choice of picking TO, CC, or BCC, we don't have that anymore, and I really need that, just like others, I send out many multiple contacts emails in varying modes (TO, CC, BCC). I'm tired of the hunt and peck mode, that's so far outdated.

And Latoque, please don't tell me to use another email service, that's not what I want to do. I pay dearly for this service and I want it to work right, wouldn't you?

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 159 of 512

I'm not telling you to use another service if you don't want to.  But Comcast's position has always been that what you are paying for every month is the high speed internet connection.  Anything else is "extras", including the email, calendar, address book and so on.  This new format is still basically in beta with a large testing base of customers.  The last I heard, it's being rolled out over several months.  It will be some time yet before everyone gets migrated over.  There are a number of features it's supposed to be getting that just aren't enabled yet, like Read Receipts.  There is a place holder there for it but it doesn't  work yet as near as I can tell.   I think it will be a good format once they get everything up and working.  I've noticed from testing that the filters work much better in the new version for me than the old one.

In terms of the expected features, and the overall look of it------------it reminds me very much of an iCloud email account.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 160 of 512

at least you can forward, delete, etc. your emails. Those icons are missing on my Kindle Fire since I updated to the new webmail. Bummer. I can only use my Kindle for checking emails and composing--no reply, forward, etc.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 161 of 512

KathRic wrote:

at least you can forward, delete, etc. your emails. Those icons are missing on my Kindle Fire since I updated to the new webmail. Bummer. I can only use my Kindle for checking emails and composing--no reply, forward, etc.

KathRid

I will say that over the weekend, a friend was here and showed me how to find some features that I didn't know were there all along.  I am able to use it better than before.  For instance, when I found no spell check, she showed me to right click on the word with a red underline and a spell check appears.  I can't remember some of the other things for it's late and I'm brain dead. 

Gooc luck with finding solutions to your problems.  I wish I knew how to help.

CatNdog

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 162 of 512

Saying that email is an 'extra' is rediculous.  That reminds me of when comcast used to provide usenet access.  They phased that out, saying that usenet was an 'extra'.  No big deal, but to say email is an 'extra', that's going too far.  With tens of millions of customers using a comcast email address for their daily activities, what do you think would happen if comcast stopped providing email, saying, 'it was an extra'?  Comcast uses this 'email is an extra' claim as an excuse for providing poor email service.  They would never stop providing emal.

I don't depend on comcast's web based email.  Heck, when I do sign in to it, it still calls me "Hello, Guest".  This has been reported by many, but still no fix.  I depend on a client based email set up.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 163 of 512

I also get the "Guest" where my name used to be. I'm using Firefox on an XP machine.

It also doesn't keep me signed in from day to day, sometimes after several hours I go to check my email and I have to sign in again. This is a problem they had a couple years ago, now it's back.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 164 of 512

IMac User with Firefox browser.   I am still a guest on Aug 5.  I'm guessing it's because my  comcast Wi Fi modem is a "hot spot" for anybody in the room with a wi fi device.  The biggest problem with this is that my work is interrupted (by security I was told) saying "You Will Be Signed Out In 5 Minutes -save your work and sign in again"  That is quite annoying.   Otherwise the email works as it did before -sluggish at certain times of the day.   I have had several case numbers but no solutions.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 165 of 512

ShirleyShopRite wrote:

IMac User with Firefox browser.   I am still a guest on Aug 5.  I'm guessing it's because my  comcast Wi Fi modem is a "hot spot" for anybody in the room with a wi fi device. 

The "Guest" issue is a known problem and is being worked on.  Apparently, however, it's not a simple - or quick - fix.  It has nothing to do with wifi.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 166 of 512

Just to add--------I'm not seeing the "guest" problem in the new format----------- only in the old one.  Makes me wonder why they would keep trying to fix it in the old one since at some point everyone will be migrated to the new one.

Just sayin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 167 of 512

I see the  "Guest" listed every so often in the new format, but not all the time. I was hoping they would fix the drop down for addresses, and let you see the entire address book like before, instead of just using the letter of the 1st name. It's a lot easier that way instead of putting each 1st letter in all the time for multiple addresses. Are they going to do that or let it as it is? Thanks.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 168 of 512

I really dont know.  Outlook.com. Yahoo and Gmail all have that feature, and iCloud does not have it.  There are a lot of unanswered question right now about the new format.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Contributor

Message 169 of 512

I just got the 'new' email update today - have had nothing but problems and errors with it - problems on my Desktop, Laptop and iPhone...argh....sooo frustrating!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 170 of 512

For about the past week every time I check my Xfinity webmail account the emails are listed in haphazard order. I have to manually refresh the page in order to see the emails in reverse chronological order. This does not happen with my non-webmail. 

How can I fix this?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 171 of 512

How can I tell if I have the new xfinity webmail?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 172 of 512

The new email client is a mess. I'm using it on Firefox and Chrome, and the screen is often completely blank, the inbox brings old emails back from the trash, erases emails while I'm typing, changes the size of a font mid-sentence, deletes sent emails into limbo. Lots of server errors and spinning pinwheels too.

Can I go back to the old system?

Screen Shot 2016-08-30 at 1.28.34 PM.png
Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 173 of 512

ComcastBrett wrote:

XFINITY Connect - New Look and Feel

In order to provide a more modern design, and improve the functionality of its most used features, we are updating the look and feel of the XFINITY Connect email experience. Beginning April 11, 2016 select customers will be invited to be among the first to enjoy the new XFINITY Connect by taking part in our customer preview allowing them to begin using the updated XFINITY Connect experience before it is widely available to all of our customers over the coming months.

You can take a look and explore the features of the new XFINITY Connect experience here

Just a question, how do I take part of the customer preview?

Also, to all who state their problems, don't forget that this is basically a beta. A lot of betas come along problematic until they get closer and closer to the main public release. I beta tested many things that I can not share, but most came along problematic until the end.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 174 of 512

gillygrrl wrote:

How can I tell if I have the new xfinity webmail?

The new webmail looks like this

new xfinity mail.PNG

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 175 of 512
Brett, when I click on the link given I get a 404 error.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 176 of 512

Can't send to people I could yesterday. I can send to my boss then send to clients.

Not an improvement if you ask me. Most likely my boss will cancel comcast

and go to another internet provider (one where I can send emails)

The new webmail keeps telling me the email address is invalid (IT IS NOT) it worked yesterday

with the old email

HELP ME GET THE OLD EMAIL BACK

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 177 of 512

Why can I send emails if I don't put a person's name and don't use <> for the email address?

If I put John Doe <john.doe@comcast.net> I receive a message the email address is invalid. BUT 

If I just do john.doe@comcast.net it works?

Not an improvement if you ask me

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 178 of 512

You can tell you have the new email when it doesn't work.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 179 of 512
@ComcastBrett I would really like to take part in the customer preview.
Posted by
Email Expert

Message 180 of 512

Something I noticed;  if I check the "Select All" box at the top of the message list in a folder, then hit Delete, the messages are just gone.  Fine.  But if I click on the little sandwich icon when I select the folder, then click on "Delete all Messages" in the drop-down, I get a prompt pop-up asking if I'm sure I want to delete them all.  Just curious as to why that is.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 181 of 512

To whom it may concern

just dont lose any e-mails or the folders set up already

y dont u just leave a classic view as option as disabled persons like it and its difficult to set-up
 + get used to.... in other words let current(classic) view be an option as well....

looks as if u went more business oriented than home base use(jmo)

REMEMBER to KEEP ALL existing E-mails (current & archived) as well as the existing Folder structures

when is this all supposed to happen ???

thnx

u need an inbox so we can direct reply to your emails concerning huge chgs....

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 182 of 512

To whom it may concern

just dont lose any e-mails or the folders set up already

y dont u just leave a classic view as option as disabled persons like it and its difficult to set-up
 + get used to.... in other words let current(classic) view be an option as well....

looks as if u went more business oriented than home base use(jmo)

REMEMBER to KEEP ALL existing E-mails (current & archived) as well as the existing Folder structures

when is this all supposed to happen ???

thnx

i didnt c my reply this mite b duplicate other than i c folders & mail r problems
plz dont chng my acct until its fixed

y dont u have inbox for emails that have to do with huge chgs xfinity/comcast r in process of changing like this.... it just looks bad on ur part...
Posted by
New Poster

Message 183 of 512

How can I get the old email interface back? I hate hate HATE the new email. It is just awful!!!!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 184 of 512

rockchick57 wrote:

How can I get the old email interface back? I hate hate HATE the new email. It is just awful!!!!

Sorry, but you don't.  As with most web pages, once you've been migrated, you're stuck.  This might be a good time to migrate to a free email client

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 185 of 512

Something I noticed.  In the old format, when you deleted a message from the Trash folder, it took 24+ hours for it to show up in the "Recover Deleted Items" feature.  In the new folder, it appears immediately based on testing I've done with it.

Just sayin

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 186 of 512

I completely agree.   The new email system is SHAMEFULLY awful.

I have complained and asked for help without ANY response.

The new system is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW.

It is so slow that it frequently freezes.

It also loses important features.

I can't read a complete email chain any more.

All that shows up is the last thing a person sent.

That is awful.  Email chains that track a conversation are CRUCIAL.

It doesn't allow me to open more than one email to compare them or to cut and paste from one to another.

It doesn't allow me to delete attachments when I forward or respond to an email.

And it doesn't allow me to add new ones if there are attachments already there.

You are DEAD ON that this system is so bad that it is virtually worthless.

It is especially bad for people who use computers.

It is set up for phones and not for computers with mice and cursors.

I demand an option to go back to the old system.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 187 of 512

Angrycustomer16 wrote:

--------------------------- 

It also loses important features.

I can't read a complete email chain any more.

All that shows up is the last thing a person sent.

That is awful.  Email chains that track a conversation are CRUCIAL.

All you have to do is change the Sort option to see conversations.  It looks like this--------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.41.25 AM.jpg

It doesn't allow me to delete attachments when I forward or respond to an email.

You can delete an attachment from a forward.  After you click on the Forward arrow, look to the right of the attachment for the little trash can icon-----------------------------

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 8.38.51 AM.jpg

And it doesn't allow me to add new ones if there are attachments already there.

I can add another attachment by just clicking on "Attachments" again.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
New Poster

Message 188 of 512

My email is not working. Here is the message I am getting: 

Error while loading message content

Folder "INBOX" has been closed on mail server imap.email.comcast.net. Probably your request took too long.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 189 of 512

Same thing happened to me earlier today. It seems to be back up and working now. Not sure what happened.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 190 of 512

Can't find it anywhere. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 191 of 512

How can I prevent our main email account name from appearing on all our other email accounts?  That just happened with the new Xfinity email, and it's very confusing for recipients who get an email from somebody else in our household.

Also, I cannot get into my "sent" or "deleted" items.  I get a notice that my request took too long (is 5 seconds too long?).   

Also, I sent myself a "test" email from my husband's account (sub-account of the main account), and have not yet received it.  

Comcast / Xfinity staff, the old email system worked just fine.  Why did you change it?  Is it true that it was designed for mobile phones and not PCs?  If so, that is really bad customer service.

Please fix these problems.  Thank you.

By the way, I tried to phone, and the recording said that there is a higher call volume than normal, with a longer call time than normal.  I hope other people are complaining too.  

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 192 of 512

The "new and improved" Xfinity webmail is a disaster. 

Posted by
New Poster

Message 193 of 512

My email is not working properly. I have my comcast email forwarded to a gmail account. This is the message I receive through gmail: 

Check mail from other accounts:
Learn more
XxxxxXxxxx@comcast.net (POP3)
  edit info delete
Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since Sep 6.  View details
Add a POP3 mail account you own

Ps...Comcast is the email service I use for work and IT IS NOT WORKING!!! This needs fixed. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 194 of 512

southmain wrote:

My email is not working properly. I have my comcast email forwarded to a gmail account. This is the message I receive through gmail: 

Check mail from other accounts:
Learn more
XxxxxXxxxx@comcast.net (POP3)
  edit info delete
Authentication error. Mail from this account has not been retrieved since Sep 6.  View details
Add a POP3 mail account you own

Ps...Comcast is the email service I use for work and IT IS NOT WORKING!!! This needs fixed. 

I have sent you two private messages which should resolve your issue. Please let me know if they solved it for you.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 195 of 512

stevetefft wrote:

Can't find it anywhere. 

Sort by can be found here

Sort by...Sort by...Sort by options...Sort by options...

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 196 of 512

My interface has no "sort by" tab. It does have a "view" tab, under which I checked "by conversation." 

Seems to have helped. 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 197 of 512

stevetefft wrote:

My interface has no "sort by" tab. It does have a "view" tab, under which I checked "by conversation." 

Seems to have helped. 

It depends on whcih "View" you select.  If you use Horizontal or List view, you get what was posted in the screen shot.  If you use Vertical, it's on top of the message list.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 198 of 512

There's no "horizontal:" or "vertical" choice anywhere.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 199 of 512

OK are you on the old email format or the new one?  Can you post a screen shot of just what it is that you are looking at?  Make sure you redact any personal information in it.  The old format looks like this------------------

Old Email Format.jpg

This is the new format-----------------------

New Email Format.jpg

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 200 of 512

I'm on the old format. No need to post a screen grab.

How can I update to the new look?