Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Xfinity Webmail

Contributor

Re: Emails never arriving

I'm thinking the same thing. It's obvious Comcast had a huge server problem yesterday affecting the email system. This is happening way too often. FIOS was making some pretty good offers. Seriously considering switching.

Admin1

Hello All -- We had a national issue with our email platform yesterday. This has now been resolved. We are currently dealing with some residual fallout from this issue. We appreciate your patience while we get this fully resolved. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

yea, I've read you can keep your comcast email even if you do not have Comcast services, but what's the point when that's what I have been having with is Email - not the actual internet service...

Regular Visitor

@ComcastZach wrote:

Hello All -- We had a national issue with our email platform yesterday. This has now been resolved. We are currently dealing with some residual fallout from this issue. We appreciate your patience while we get this fully resolved. 

Does this include restore missing email in folders?  I'm missing like 10 years worth of email.

Official Employee

Hi gutter2424. Is this a recent change with your email? Please send me a direct message with your service address and phone number. I'd like to see how I can help. Thank you. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Same issue here.

No old emails in one of my email accounts.  Missing probably 5 or 6 years of emails now.

Happened after the big meltdown earlier last week.

-moyesusa

Regular Visitor

@ComcastSarahL wrote:

Hi gutter2424. Is this a recent change with your email? Please send me a direct message with your service address and phone number. I'd like to see how I can help. Thank you. 

Sarah, when I try to Private Message you I get a Private Message page but no options to actually send a message.  It looks like there are Javascript errors preventing the page from loading.  I sent an DM to @ComcastCares on Twitter.  I'm hoping this will be sent to the appropriate people to help me.

Official Employee

Hi moyesusa! I saw your private message and I look forward to working with you there. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Hi gutter2424! Thanks for letting me know you ran into troubles. We can certainly help via Twitter. However, I would also recommend trying another browser if you are running into an error with the private message feature. We're here to help!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I have the same issue.  After email service was restored, all my past emails are gone and the only message in my inbox was a 'Welcome to Xfinity Connect email'.  It's like they wiped my account and started over.  Someone please help.  No one on the phone has been able to help, and have not offered any solutions. Please just restore my email contents to before the outage so I can get my emails back.

Official Employee

Hi gklostermann. I'd be happy to see how we can help with your email concerns. Please send me a Private Message with your address and phone number to get started. Thank you!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Re: New xfinity email lost all my folders

Scroll to the bottom of the list of emails and in the left hand corner there should be in pale gray and arrow and the words show folders.  Click on it.

Regular Contributor

Re: New xfinity email lost all my folders

It seems that Xfinity Connect won't open because the loading takes forever!  When will the issue be fixed? Cat Sad

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / FAIL

No.  Rejected.  I did not request a complete email overhaul or to be part of some new product or program roll out.  My small business is not a game, neither is the past 10 years of my email.  I want the previous email program back immediately.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / FAIL

The font is too small, the borders are not clear, I can not easily visually search through the top page data anymore.  Need much larger font sizing for the one lines describing the specific email with rotating grey background and lines in between emails for more comprehensive readability.   Give me the previous email appearance back immediately.  The change is unwelcome and not appreciated.  The color change is unnecessary, this is a work email, I want black and white like I enjoyed for the 10 years prior.  I want the control bar back on the left side full time permanently, I spend a great deal of time working emails and can not suddenly be blind to incoming email while I'm busy writing detailed technical emails, and lack of this puts too much white on the screen.  I want the control bar to jump to drafts, inbox, or sent with one single click, and to always have the ability to see instantly how many new emails hit real time.  There is so much white on the screen it's blinding and the cool easy to view tones are gone.  Whomever designed this must not spend much time on a desktop pc.  Now will have to use a different browser with downsized window just to use exclusively for email so I don't have to constantly change the browser window sizing to deal with the excess white on screen.  This is not accepted, not appreciated, and I want the legacy view back.  No time to deal with the next unwelcome unrequested Comcast Xfinity 'upgrade'.  It's a downgrade, less appeal, reduced readability, reduced awareness of inbound emails if busy in other emails, forced color spectrum.  Where is the move to button for easy sorting back to inbox and out of spam or delete, in the case of accidental delete click.  The email was the last reason I stayed a customer all these years, give it back the way it was and please do not change it. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

The font is so small in the top view sections where one reviews all the inbound or outbound emails, I can't read it.  I'm not sitting on a jumbotron at my living room desk.  No more borders in between emails for easy readability, so much white on the screen.  Just an all around unwelcome change and as usual for Xfinity these days, a fail.  Try hiring Americans.

Frequent Visitor

Re: NEW Service offered by Comcast/Xfinity

Exactly, I'm not sure I can even use this.  The font is so small.  This may be the end.  Wasted efforts, why don't they just let the customer control all those visual items.  Waste of my time.  Working late and suddenly; new email settings forced without any permission.  Brilliant strategy.  Make people who deal in mass emails difficult to read, remove rotating tones and seperation lines.  Brilliant.  Now I'm supposed to stare at this Zimbra happy face cartoon logo all day in the upper corner?  10 year olds have apparently taken over Comcast email.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail / legacy, thank you.

Back to legacy.  Thank you.

Regular Contributor

Xfinity Webmail

I thought the old web email worked better. I've put up with the new email, but it loads slower- sometimes I think it will never load. One thing I noticed lately that irritates me is the messages that are marked read show as unread the next time I log in. This includes messages in Trash ans well as InBox.

Too many bugs, I guess they outsource their software to India. A company I used to work for did that and they ended up rewriting the outsourced code.The weird thing is they kept repeating their mistake by outsourcing the next job.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Webmail

The thing is, from the very beginning their "new" email system was horrible and continues with problems up until the present. I have 38 new emails listed as in the Inbox but they are nowhere to be seen. Makes me wonder how many I never receive. Comcast needs to hire people who really know what they are doing, but that is asking too much.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Hello,

It appears that the "new" email look has not trickled down to me yet, do you know if and when it is supposed to take place. Our email and my wife's email accounts have been "updated". I am the "admin" for our comcast account, so is there something I need to do to get it done? I have been waiting since it first came out, but nothing yet. Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

Email Expert

@Macuser4770 wrote:

Hello,

It appears that the "new" email look has not trickled down to me yet, do you know if and when it is supposed to take place. Our email and my wife's email accounts have been "updated". I am the "admin" for our comcast account, so is there something I need to do to get it done? I have been waiting since it first came out, but nothing yet. Please advise.

Thank you in advance,

There is nothing you can do to make it happen.  You just wait for it to happen.  The information I have indicates that the migration to the new format is about 98% complete at this time.  Look at the URL in the address bar when signed into the email;  if it says Zimbra you are still in the old format.  If it says Appsuite you are in the new one.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Hello Latoque,

Thank you for the update. I will check whenever I look at my emails. Appsuite instead of Zimbra.

Frequent Visitor

Be careful what you wish for.  If you will read some of these previous emails, you can see that folks, including myself, are not happy with appsuite, even after being forced onto it many months ago.

Contributor

I can't understand it either. Never had so many problems before Xfinity decided to fix what wasn't broken. Now my inbox always shows 38 emails still to be opened that aren't even there. Even after I've opened all the new ones, it still says "38". I've grown to ignore it. Wonder where those emails are floating around, or if they even exist. So when I see the amount of new messages, I just subtract 38 from the number and that gives me the true amount. Not even worth pursuing.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More