Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I cannot access my email at all, but I see I have many unread emails.  can you help me?  every time i click on the notification, it says the page doesn't exist.

Email Expert

GBlevins wrote:

I cannot access my email at all, but I see I have many unread emails.  can you help me?  every time i click on the notification, it says the page doesn't exist.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I've had nothing but issues with my email account since it was converted over.  It would have been nice if comcast sent a notification before the transition to know that it was happening instead of blowing my email accounts out of the water.

Email Expert

Kitten65 wrote:

I've had nothing but issues with my email account since it was converted over.  It would have been nice if comcast sent a notification before the transition to know that it was happening instead of blowing my email accounts out of the water.

Is there some particular question you had about using the email or a browser?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I'm another disgruntled Comcast customer...They lost some of my email folders during the transition. After numerous phone calls their final answer was "sorry, we lost the folders they are no longer on our server and they are not retrievable". These folders contained my business account emails which I needed for year end closing. I guess they expect everyone to just roll over when they make stupid mistakes with this new system! They should at least warn unmigrated customers of the potential problems that exist and allow them to make a choice  in the change. Is there ANY WAY that this could be prevented? Is there any way to find the lost folders? Apparently the Comcast support phone team can't help.

Regular Contributor

To all the disgruntled subscribers, you need to go to Christoper Elliott's consumer advocacy website, click on "contacts" then "cable" where you'll find email addresses for the Comcast executives in Philadelphia.   They'll have some sympathetic person from the Executive Support Team contact you. May not solve all your problems, but it's a whole lot more enjoyable than dealing with the outsourced heavily scripted tech support folks overseas.

Official Employee

jdavid49.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a problem finding oll your folders. I checked on the backened and it looks like all your folders made it across ok. Can you please make sure you have all the folders expanded, both under Inbox, as well as My folders? If this doesn't help, please PM me and let me know what folders (names if you remember them) you are missing so we can look for you.

Brett

Folder view side by side.jpg

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Hi,

How do I get the new webmail interface?

Service Expert

jesstears2u wrote:

Hi,

How do I get the new webmail interface?

It's being rolled out slowly to everyone.  There isn't a way to request it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you for the response. Will keep checking back.

Email Expert

jesstears2u wrote:

Thank you for the response. Will keep checking back.

There's no need to check back here.  It will just happen one day without any prior notice.  If you have more than one Comcast email address it may or may not happen to all of them at the same time.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Not check back here. Check back to my email account.
Email Expert
Moved:

Contributor

I use Windows Mail our check my mail on S5 or Tab4 and now it is not leaving a copy on the Xfinity server as before with no changes from me.

What to do?

Contributor

Anyone else having problems composing new emails? When I click "Compose" or "Reply" the two arrows in the screen just churn and churn and churn. This has been since yesterday. It is beyond frustrating.

Problem Solver

ellen, for what it's worth, I was able to load, compose and send an email through comcast web mail to another email a/c.  

ciao, bj

Email Expert

ellenthebanned wrote:

Anyone else having problems composing new emails? When I click "Compose" or "Reply" the two arrows in the screen just churn and churn and churn. This has been since yesterday. It is beyond frustrating.

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque wrote:

ellenthebanned wrote:

I did ALL of those things. You know how I knew to do all of those things? Because this is not the first, nor the second, nor the third time this has happened and I've had to contact Comcast for help. Still not working today. This is DAYS and DAYS of being unable to compose an email. This is beyond ridiculous. I feel like I'm held hostage to use the system because it's the email I have used for my business for the past ten years. To change now is an enormous undertaking, but not being able to compose an email (new or reply) is worse. 

Is there anyone from Comcast who reads these boards? Does anyone at Comcast understand how horrible this product is and how frustrated its customers are with it?

New Poster

For the past 10 days my webmail will not even open.

When I click on the link on the home page it tells me the site is unreachable.

I have been using the webmail for many years and don't need another tutorial from some one with nothing but apologies.

If there is a link to a new "site" please post it here as I have done the "clear the cache, try again, try a new browser" fix many times with zero improvement.

Email Expert

wrote:

For the past 10 days my webmail will not even open.

When I click on the link on the home page it tells me the site is unreachable.

I have been using the webmail for many years and don't need another tutorial from some one with nothing but apologies.

If there is a link to a new "site" please post it here as I have done the "clear the cache, try again, try a new browser" fix many times with zero improvement.

If you are still in the old email format, at some point you will be migrated to the new one.  There is nothing you can do yourself to make it happen.  It just will.  People are being migrated on a per-account basis.  As for the rest of it, how are you accessing your email?  With only a browser and the webmail on a computer, or on a mobile device maybe?  If you have a smartphone or tablet, try accessing the account from another location like the public library or something else that has free wi-fi.  Can you sign in normally then?  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

It seems rediculous that they would kill (possibly) my access to the old format before enabling my access to the new format.

I have tried this from my home PC and my work PC (which is where I normally use webmail).

For mobile use and from Outlook I can get my email just fine.

But that is not using a web mail client.