Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,748,024

members

25

online now

1,906,552

discussions

Back to Top

New Xfinity Webmail

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Thank you, Latoque. It sure would have been nice if anyone had let us know.

#14,938 on the list of why this new system is horrible. 

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Are there any plans to fix the new webmail so that we are able to paste in multiple email addresses at once? Of all of the changes this, for me, has to be the least productive and most infuriating. It is BEYOND ridiculous. This is basic functionality that is available on every.single.other.email.service. Why would you have a feature and then remove it??

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I wouldn't count on anything being fixed. Apparently there is a reluctance to admit that there are many bugs in this "new and improved" version. My entire inbox disappeared twice last week, leaving a large empty space. Then it miraculously reappeared. Right now nothing surprises me.

Email Expert

Re: New Xfinity Webmail


ellenthebanned wrote:

Are there any plans to fix the new webmail so that we are able to paste in multiple email addresses at once? Of all of the changes this, for me, has to be the least productive and most infuriating. It is BEYOND ridiculous. This is basic functionality that is available on every.single.other.email.service. Why would you have a feature and then remove it??


Where are you trying to copy the contacts from?  If you open the address book, then check each one you want to send to, you just click on the envelope button in the toolbar.  Then a Compose page will open with all the contacts you selected in the To: field.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I'm copying them from an Excel spreadsheet, or a list in Word, or anywhere I can copy a group of email addresses that I have no interest or need to add into my address book. I shouldn't have to add the 4th grade class list into my address book in order to send out two emails to them throughout the school year - or any other reason that I don't want to add them into my address book. Pasting in a group of email addresses should be SOP for any email service.

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I've been complaing about the same problem since they transitioned to this new platform. Comcast does not want to admit they have a problem with there outside developer. They need to do something or I'm going to transition.

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Is Webmail going to work today? Anytime? Or ever again?

This is INCREDIBLY frustrating for those of us who use it to run businesses. I am completely disconnected from my clients today. Unacceptable.

Email Expert

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

My mail was down earlier, but it's working now.

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

My wife uses a secondary address as her email address.  She can receive no emails.
She also uses another secondary address for her cottage rentals.  Cannot receive emails from customers. 
I do not understand how a new software release can be issued where fundamental BASIC functions do not work.
No BETA test???

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Agree with Losthearts - opening email is an adventure.    It works most of the time........but ya never know when it's

going to ...... not open.    not open till an hour passes.....    refuse to delete emails marking for deletion....oops-

an hour later they are deleted.   If you like surprises and puzzles, this is great.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I like the improvements in the new Xfinity email. My favorite is that "Sort by" persists (so I don't have to choose my sort every session.

A couple things I would love:
(FYI I'm using Horizontal view.)
1.
When I've selected the message (so I may page through a long one), my keyboard's Delete key won't delete it (unless I first re-select it's row in the list of messages). It would be great if the Delete key always worked once a message is selected.

2.
When instead I want to move a message to a folder, it would be great if I could do so with a keyboard shortcut (perhaps numbers associated with folders, or the first letter of their name).

Email Expert

Re: New Xfinity Webmail


ellenthebanned wrote:

I'm copying them from an Excel spreadsheet, or a list in Word, or anywhere I can copy a group of email addresses that I have no interest or need to add into my address book. I shouldn't have to add the 4th grade class list into my address book in order to send out two emails to them throughout the school year - or any other reason that I don't want to add them into my address book. Pasting in a group of email addresses should be SOP for any email service.


I'm on a Mac, so I typed three email addresses separated by commas into a Pages document, then copied and pasted them into the To: field and it worked like a charm.  So maybe try that in Word?  I don't know if Excel allows you to add commas to the cells?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Email Expert
Moved:

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

 


Latoque wrote:

ellenthebanned wrote:

I'm copying them from an Excel spreadsheet, or a list in Word, or anywhere I can copy a group of email addresses that I have no interest or need to add into my address book. I shouldn't have to add the 4th grade class list into my address book in order to send out two emails to them throughout the school year - or any other reason that I don't want to add them into my address book. Pasting in a group of email addresses should be SOP for any email service.


I'm on a Mac, so I typed three email addresses separated by commas into a Pages document, then copied and pasted them into the To: field and it worked like a charm.  So maybe try that in Word?  I don't know if Excel allows you to add commas to the cells?


Thanks, Latoque, but if I wanted to retype the addresses in the first place I would just retype them into the email. The idea is the convenience of using the cut-and-past option that was available previously, and possible in every.single.other.email.service. in existence.

Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

The software isn't even "new" at this point, considering they started migrating people over to it quite a while ago. One would think by now at least some of these bugs would have been worked out but...no. And even if one is fixed another problem seems to pop up.  

I yearn for the old Xfinity. 

Regular Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I can deal with the "bugs," and with the more than occasional outages.  But what concerns me most is simply the sluggish operation day in and day out.  While other programs open instantly, opening the Xfinity mailbox requires considerable patience.  It you enjoy watching the three dancing dots or the two semicircular arrows, even at a 90Mbps download speed, you must be in heaven.  But it's been nearly a year since I was involuntarily migrated to the "new" program and my patience is running out.

Frequent Visitor

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

I agree.  Absolutely HATE the new format for email.  Not only is it sluggish to get to, now I can't find anything I am looking for because once I reply to something, it says I was the one who sent the email in the first place, not the sender.  I have asked comcast about this numerous times but they are not able to give me a satisfactory answer. It has caused me all kinds of grief and I am going to switch to Verizon, not just for this but because our overall service (internet/phone/tv) has really gone down in quality and the price keeps going up! Hoping I can still access all my saved emails.  According to Verizon, I should be able to use gmail as the domain and keep the comcast address.  

Official Employee

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

MitziTheCat -

It sounds like you are in Conversation View. You can easily turn on or off Conversation View by following the instructions on the FAQ located here - https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/apps/faq/index.html#turnOffConversationView

 

 


MitziTheCat wrote:

I agree.  Absolutely HATE the new format for email.  Not only is it sluggish to get to, now I can't find anything I am looking for because once I reply to something, it says I was the one who sent the email in the first place, not the sender.  I have asked comcast about this numerous times but they are not able to give me a satisfactory answer. It has caused me all kinds of grief and I am going to switch to Verizon, not just for this but because our overall service (internet/phone/tv) has really gone down in quality and the price keeps going up! Hoping I can still access all my saved emails.  According to Verizon, I should be able to use gmail as the domain and keep the comcast address.  


 





Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

So I have 4 email accounts . My main account opens . My wifes account opens. My other 2 accounts will not open. I did the online chat 2 and they told me they were going to look into it and the other 2 email accounts still do not work. This all happened with your new email JUNK. I need to access the other accounts pronto !. Oh a firefox.xhrome.explorer. None of those work so dont even try to go there. Its on your end and needs to be fixed soon !

 

Dave

 

Regular Contributor

Re: New Xfinity Webmail


n8dc wrote:

So I have 4 email accounts . My main account opens . My wifes account opens. My other 2 accounts will not open. I did the online chat 2 and they told me they were going to look into it and the other 2 email accounts still do not work. This all happened with your new email JUNK. I need to access the other accounts pronto !. Oh a firefox.xhrome.explorer. None of those work so dont even try to go there. Its on your end and needs to be fixed soon !

 

Dave

 


Try this...

SOLUTION to those others with this problem.

 "The email accounts in the MY FOLDERS section are archives"  THEY ARE NOT YOUR SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ANY MORE

 

(first 2 calls to Comcast didn't tell me that; finally a really nice older lady who knew her stuff clued me in)

 

1.  Go down below your folders to ADD MAIL ACCOUNT and re-add your old secondary email addresses with passwords

2.  Hit the Refresh Inbox Icon and be patient* and wait, maybe even for 24 hours* as it circles & circles

3.  Next: Hit the Right Arrow (little black triangle) to the Left of your new secondary address & wait for the Inbox to come back & re-populate

 

* mine took that long because of a NEW Comcast problem.  Every email ever received and Trashed has come back...thousands

Hope this helps!

 

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Webmail Performance

Webmail seems to be degrading day by day.  Opening account seems to take forever, just the 3 crazy flashing dots.  And then when it opens, all my folders are missing and just the 2 spinning arrows.  A couple of questions to those on this forum:

 

1) Has anyone received an explanation for Comcast as to what is causing these problems?

 

2) Has anyone found a way to overcome these problems, perhaps a change in settings?

 

Thanks,

billvonr

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Webmail Performance

Degrading is not the word. Yesterday I received two emails regarding an Internet purchase. They were duplicates, and informed me that my item had been shipped October 11. 

Where has this email(s) been all that time????

 

 

 

New Poster

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

I agree.  The new email is not reliable or consistent.  Can we get the old version back?

Email Expert

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible


nkoziol wrote:

I agree.  The new email is not reliable or consistent.  Can we get the old version back?


No.  Once you are migrated to the new one, there is no way to revert to the old system.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

I got transitioned to new webmail.

I login to view email and then start getting popups with a log in form for what appear to be other domains.

The first pop up says

Log in to skmgroupwork.com:80 (Your password will be sent unencrypted)

I click cancel and then immediately get another popup that says 

Log in to barnatthefarm.com:80 (Your password will be sent unencrypted)

WHAT is going on?

 

Email Expert

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible


the_gryphon wrote:

I got transitioned to new webmail.

I login to view email and then start getting popups with a log in form for what appear to be other domains.

The first pop up says

Log in to skmgroupwork.com:80 (Your password will be sent unencrypted)

I click cancel and then immediately get another popup that says 

Log in to barnatthefarm.com:80 (Your password will be sent unencrypted)

WHAT is going on?

 


This could be a security issue.  I can't escalate your post from here, but I can and will report it to see if we can get someone to look at your account.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

I get the following message.  Incessantly.  Can't get rid of it.

 

"Your mail account xxxxxxxxx@comcast.net was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again"

 

I go to USERS to try to correct credentials whatever THAT means, but my secondary address xxxxxxxxx does not show up.

What to do?

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

I managed to figure this out on my own since Comcast never helped or bothered to explain that the "folders" were now "archives" and you have to re-link to your other accounts.

The problems with this are:

1. as philw1776 mentioned, you now get ALL email from those accounts, even deleted ones, and

2. this doesn't seem to help with the iPhone app since I still can't get updated mail from the linked accounts, I can only see them when I login through xfinity webmail.

 

These seem like really obvious bugs, so why weren't they addressed before the rollout?  I've been using comcast email for over 10 years with several linked emails but its now rendered almost useless.

Contributor

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

OK, this may or may not be similar to your problem. One day I received a notice that my password was wrong (it wasn't) and that I needed to change it. The page looked "funny" and not all like Comcast. For starters, the background was a dark green, nothing I've ever seen from Comcast. And for another, I was already logged in when it appeared. I reported it to Comcast as a possible phishing attempt but never heard back about it.