New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 451 of 485

Right in the middle of looking at all of the emails from today, finally after I got in. My email went blank then blue then back to the homepage and the same error again.

Bad Gateway!

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 502

login.comcast.net
Thu May 11 17:52:53 2017
Apache
Posted by
Contributor

Message 452 of 485

Having the same email issues in York PA - I have had more issues with this "New" and "improved" email system since it was implemented than I had with the old system in over two years.

I only wish they would have paid as much attention to "functionality" as they did "facade".

Posted by
Visitor
Message 453 of 485

Same thing here. Thought it was on my end but obviously not.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 454 of 485

Same message why is the email always down...........

Posted by
Admin1

Message 455 of 485

Hi all, we are having some issues with email at this time. If you are being affected by the logging problem, please let us know here. We are trying to compile as much info as we can to get a resolution in place. 
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/XFINITY-email-service-issues-5-11-2017/td-p/2903000

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor

Message 456 of 485

Having this stupid message all day...cant get onto email or video streaming...

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request GET /login.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 457 of 485
The new email interface has been horrible at best. Obviously, it wasn't well thought out, and, it's totally unreliable!!!
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 458 of 485

My mail has been down most of the day  Thurs 5/11,   returned around 6:30pm

Ron,   southern NJ

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 459 of 485

Dang still messed up...This is your new and improved piece of garbage make do with what you got it will probably never be fixed.... Here is the message now.....

This page isn’t working

connect.xfinity.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Posted by
Visitor

Message 460 of 485

mine is not working AGAIN

Posted by
Visitor

Message 461 of 485

Its 8:30 est 5/12/2017 and Im getting the same error today as I did yesterday.  This is after being able to get in last night around 10pm est

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 462 of 485

still can't get in email, as of 5/12/17  10:20 am

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 463 of 485

email stopped working this morning, called cs and they were no help, tells me we're gonna send you some info on how to reset your web browser which might help windows live mail, WELL how can I get it if my email isn't working ?????  then tells me well maybe it's still updating due to upgrades, I hope this is fixed soon !!!! NOT HAPPY right now

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 464 of 485

My email is working "normally" today.  That's not good, but it's better than not at all.  And the general pattern of working one day and not the next is not likely to change anytime soon.  Clearing the cache and rebooting is the non-solution you will get from customer support given that they are clueless as to what the real problem is.  That's why Comcast never gives up its bottom position on every list of customer satisfaction. 

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 465 of 485
Posted by
Contributor

Message 466 of 485

Mine is working great today, but that makes me nervous. Just when I'm drawn into thinking everything is fixed, it usually goes bananas again. Can never trust Comcast anymore. Now I'm using a different email provider for my most important stuff. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 467 of 485

I was upgraded today to the new-look e-mail.  I've lost every e-mail in my inbox between Thursday and when the upgrade happened, today around 2pm.  Can anyone help?

Live chat claims I deleted them, asked me to install a 7 year old MS patch, and then tried to get me to upgrade my service.  I'm just hoping someone can help me locate 4 days of emails.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 468 of 485

dmenard13 wrote:

I was upgraded today to the new-look e-mail.  I've lost every e-mail in my inbox between Thursday and when the upgrade happened, today around 2pm.  Can anyone help?

Live chat claims I deleted them, asked me to install a 7 year old MS patch, and then tried to get me to upgrade my service.  I'm just hoping someone can help me locate 4 days of emails.

Call Comcast security.  They should be able to recover them for you since it just happened---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 469 of 485

Just an FYI half of my inbox emails ended up in my spam folder. I didn't realize this until I saw a somewhat large amount of emails listed next to "Spam" on the left side folder tree. That said, I am wondering how many never got through to me.

Why don't they just go back to the old system and leave well enough alone??

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 470 of 485

Comcast, are you continuing to push the new email format to more of your customers?

Ron,   one of many unhappy recipients of the new format.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 471 of 485

Is it possible to go back to old clunky version of email .... at least it wasn't painfully slow.  The new version is terrible ... incredibly slow, I can't believe Comcast would release this to production.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 472 of 485
I have had serious server and other issues for the past 3 weeks. Several (hundreds) of 502 errors and 404 errors. I can now read my emails for about an hour or 2 per day but not reply or forward them without 404 errors. I have been on this email version for nearly a year and this is the very worst roll out of a new system I have ever seen or dealt with. I sporadically have an address book but the groups have disappeared and I have repeatedly complained with no reply at all. This is becoming very serious, enough that there should be some alternative option offered. The spell check on this system is UK English, not the English commonly used in the United States. skibum24 Summit County CO
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 473 of 485

Hi skibum24! I was asked to contact you by and agent who was assisting you to see i your email issues have been resolved or if you are still seeing the same thing?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 474 of 485
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 475 of 485

Sagray wrote:

xfinity_connect.gif

YUP!!   Seeing that a lot waiting for this new web mail to load...  Wish they'd use some snappy colors, the gray is a drag.. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 476 of 485

The new email is causing problems and is incompatible with my preferred browser, Firefox. It often completely freezes the browser when I try to type or respond to an email from an existing contact.

Also, a client had email sent to me at Comcast bounce back to him at least three times. I don't know if any other contacts  had emails bounce back.

Do you have suggestions for making it work better with Firefox, and are y'all working to fix glitches overall?

Please remember, Comcast: If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it.

Thank you.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 477 of 485

"Also, a client had email sent to me at Comcast bounce back to him at least three times. I don't know if any other contacts  had emails bounce back."

That happened to me back in April. A friend had sent me some music files with a software program that we both use to send large files to each other. This person actually got an email saying my address was either invalid or incorrect. Unfortunately, when this happens the software then puts it in their inactive file and the only way to fix this was for me to personally contact them and tell them it was actually a good email and to place it back in their active file. 

Fortunately I also have an email with another provider. My friend had written to that one advising me of what happened. Otherwise I would never have known that my Comcast emails (some, not all) were being bounced back to some senders. To this day I don't know how many times that happened and how many never got to me. It hasn't happened lately but I understand how disconcerting this is. Just another happy day with Xfinity Webmail.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 478 of 485

No. I can't. If I try to enter one of my other email address, it tells me it is already in use. Apparently, if I have 10 Comcast accounts, I need 10 different email addresses. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 479 of 485

There are plenty of better, internet based email programs. It is always good to have at least two. I have Xfinity and also Hotmail. I'm getting GMail as a third. I know it's a pain to check each one but in the end it works out very well. Don't depend on Comcast to be the primary email-that's the lesson I learned.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 480 of 485

LostHearts wrote:

There are plenty of better, internet based email programs. It is always good to have at least two. I have Xfinity and also Hotmail. I'm getting GMail as a third. I know it's a pain to check each one but in the end it works out very well. Don't depend on Comcast to be the primary email-that's the lesson I learned.

You can always use a desktop email client like Outlook or Thunderbird.  That way you have all your accounts in one place.  There are a lot  of other advantages to using a client too.  Or, you might look at enabling the accounts in one of the webmail programs that have that feature.  Outlook.com (Hotmail) and Gmail both have it.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 481 of 485

Should I have the new version of Xfinity Webmail by now?  Every email address in our Comcast account (5) has the updated version except mine, which is the primary email address on the account.  Just wondering.

Posted by
Email Expert

Message 482 of 485

DCar0763 wrote:

Should I have the new version of Xfinity Webmail by now?  Every email address in our Comcast account (5) has the updated version except mine, which is the primary email address on the account.  Just wondering.

There is no way of knowing when that last account will get migrated to the new format.  I don't know what the criteria are for selecting what accounts get switched or when.  You just have to wait for it to happen.  At some point, everyone will get migrated.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 483 of 485

I hate this new version.  It is hard to look at and read.  There is no option to undo moved or deleted email.  When I want to move email, I can't just type in the first few letters to find the file I want to move it to... now I have to scroll down and find the file (I have a lot of file folders!).  Etc etc...  Give me back the old version so I can see it easily and work with my email easily!

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 484 of 485

You can "undo" deleted mail:

1. Right click on trash

2. Click on Recover Deleted items and follow the prompts.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 485 of 485

Thanks... that helps. I appreciate knowing that.   How about undoing moves?  Sometimes I am not able to see (vision impaired and unsteady hands) and it goes into the wrong folder, and I have no idea which one...  I used to be able to just click on the "undo" link at the top of the page, now I can't.   Doing a search is a possibility, but is a pain and time consuming.