New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Xfinity Webmail

Official Employee

New Xfinity Webmail

XFINITY Connect - New Look and Feel

In order to provide a more modern design, and improve the functionality of its most used features, we are updating the look and feel of the XFINITY Connect email experience. Beginning April 11, 2016 select customers will be invited to be among the first to enjoy the new XFINITY Connect by taking part in our customer preview allowing them to begin using the updated XFINITY Connect experience before it is widely available to all of our customers over the coming months.

You can take a look and explore the features of the new XFINITY Connect experience here

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

New xfinity email lost all my folders

When I went ahead and transfered to the new email format and none of my email folders transfered.  Email is fine.  Old emails are there.  Just no folders.  Any ideas of how to get them?

New Poster

New e-mail system

When I switched over to your new e-mail system this morning, I lost several folders that contained some of my important e-mails. How do I get these folders back or how do I switch back to the old e-mail system?

Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

New e-mail system

Regular Visitor

New XFINITY e mail is horrible

The new e mail set up is horrible. Lost sent, drafts, trash, and all my folders. No ability for spell check or search. Called customer service and they said they are having the same problems. They can not help and said updates are continuing to be done and it all should be fixed by Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it. Horrible move on Comcast part.
Official Employee

Re: New XFINITY e mail is horrible

Hi there Asihde,

From your description, it sounds like you've minimized the folder list.  At the bottom of the screen, in the left corner, you should see >>.  If you click that, you should see your folders and search bar return.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Re: New xfinity email lost all my folders

Hey BertieD,

In the new system, there are two places folders can be located.  Either under the Inbox or My Folders.  You'll want to check for a > next to each to see the folders, which are likely collapsed.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

I did not minimize the folder list and there is not a >> at the bottom left corner. I also saw your reply to the post Lost Folders That is not showing either. I was told that things would be fixed. I really need my folders and would like to have the search bar and spell check back.
Regular Visitor

I accidently hit the solved icon. Prolem is not solved. my post should not be asihde, it is smihde
Official Employee

I'll email you directly to see if we can figure out what's going on.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Service Expert

Re: NEW Service offered by Comcast/Xfinity

Can't check out the UI when composing because COMPOSE will NOT open in IE 11. All I get is a blank white page.

It does open in SeaMonkey.

What I see serves to remind me why I use Thunderbird intead of Xfinity Connect.

At least if someone asks about it, I know where to look if I think I can help.

How do you get to PREFERENCES?

So I closed out IE11, opened it back up, went to Xfinity Connect.

Greeted with this (mail was there the first time I went to it)

xfinity new mail.png

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Frequent Visitor

email

Signed up for your new email site that  everybody will need to go to soon' Now unable to get on emails?

Email Expert

OK I've poked around in the new format.  I would still like to know if this is a product of Zimbra or something else.  Looking at the url in the address bar I don't see Zimbra mentioned.  I would also like to know if Plaxo is still behind the address book and calendar.  Also, will there continue to be separate Full and Lite versions of the interface?  If so, how do we get at them?

Observation points--------

1)  Nice to see that a method of flagging emails has finally been added by using color coding for different things.

2)  I see no way to get into Preferences yet

3)  The ability to delete all email in any folder, including the Inbox has been added without having to switch into Lite

4)  The ability to request Read Receipts has been added for those who want to use them

5)  Right-click functionality is gone.  So in that respect it's like the Lite version.  This also has restricted the options you had before in the Full version like all the sorting options that were available in the old one.

6)  In the old version, I have my Gmail, and MSN accounts added as external accounts.  The new version has stripped them out.  And without access to Preferences, there is no way to put     them back in at the moment.

The whole feel of this thing is reminiscent of an iCloud email account.  Very futuristic and minimalistic functionality.  I'm sure I'll find other stuff as we go along.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Compose finally opens in IE 11.

Who is the (non) genius who changed the default font color to light gray on white?  Once again, Comcast did not take into consideration those of us with vision issues. It needs to be darker and it needs to be black.

Sometimes I go to email and I see a list of mail. Other times it is nothing but a blank white page.

I found Preferences. The gear icon on the far right and it is labled SETTINGS.  (screenshot below)

I sent a test message to my msn mail. The name displayed is Evie.

Evie is the name I have set as the greeting name for Comcast websites when I sign in.

I want my FULL name, not my nickname, to be what the recipients see in FROM. Other version, that was what I had for the display name. It appears that when I switched to the new version, it automatically used my Comcast GREETING name.

Went through Settings and found where to change it: Accounts/Edit next to Email/box under Account settings.

What is missing from Preferences: (which is also light gray font color on white)

No way to set it to leave a copy of sent messages in the SENT folder. I looked all over options for it and it is not there. The only thing with SAVE is when composing message, a saved button which will put it into DRAFTS. (also in screenshot)

new xfinity mail edited.PNG

On the upside, there is an option in SETTINGS to disable the stupid "auto-fill" option that shows addresses mail was previously sent to. Click MAIL, uncheck Automatically collect contacts in the folder "Collected addresses" while sending

Also getting this a lot when I go the inbox or click a folder to view

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

I'll add a bit more to the pile-----------

The Comcast Keyboard shortcuts don't work in the new version.

The Deletion Schedules are gone.

The Composing and Reading Emails sections are gone.  So it looks like you can't change the default font and so on.

In the old version, you could go to Preferences>>>>General and create secondary accounts from there.  That's gone now, so you need to revert to the older way of doing this by going into "My Account".

In the Settings of the new version, I can't get it to load the Filter section at all.

In the Compose page, it used to be that if you created a local folder, you could pick a color for it.  That seems to be gone.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Sometimes when the page loads I see a list of the folders on the left.

Other times all I see My folders with no folders listed under it.

Spam folder shows 1 message in Spam. Clicking on Spam to see it results in "Error 408, Request Timed Out".

I do have user created folders. I know there mails in those folders. Accessing those folders will at times give me Error 408 and other times "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request". I also receive error inside the server when navigating from one folder to a different one.

When I checked Filter Rules in settings, it would not load. Waited a few minutes, clicked Filter Rules again and miraculously it loaded and I saw the only rule I have.

The loss of basic functions such as not being able to set the deletion schedule and no way to have a sent message show up in SENT combined with errors makes it worse than the other version and therefore it is not ready for prime time.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Great.  Now I can't sign into the account at all, with Chrome or Safari.  It just won't load, or let me get off the sign-in page, using the webmail UI.  However, it seems to be functioning OK in Mac Mail.

Go figure.

ETA:  It's now 25 minutes later and it works in both browsers again.  Another discovery------you can right-click on the folders and get a menu, but if you right-click on Trash, the option is gone to Recover Deleted Items.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

In the black bar at the top is HELP. 

Clicking HELP gives this

new email settings help.PNG

Being a curious person I clicked Browse our FAQs.

That lead to this page https://faq.connect.comcast.net/

The first thing listed caught my attention. WOW, a page we can link to when people ask if they can keep their email address if cancelling service. After expanding that it,  I clicked the article link, expecting to see "yes you can if....".

Instead, I got

Looking at the URL it looks like someone did not code the page properly, for example email/keep-email-address. That is, unless the name of the help article is Email Only FAQs.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-only-faqs

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Spell check

Where is spell check on the new format?

Service Expert

Clicking on the link in Evie's post I got that nice page, but I clicked on "Where else can I get help?".  The last link in the expansion needs revision from forums.comcast.com to forums.xfinity.com.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Webmail

Will the new email platform fix the Guest problem? (login as me, email shows me as Guest)

Official Employee

When you first enter your email you should be presented with a guided tour which shows you where key features of the new webmail are located. You can replay the tour any time by clicking on the gear and choosing Guided Tour.

Examples of the tour are below.

Guided Tour (1).jpgGuided Tour (2).jpgGuided Tour (3).jpg

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Most "missing" folders can be found by expanding both the Inbox and the My Folders sections.

Inbox Arrow.jpg        

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Official Employee

Queen-Evie wrote:

Can't check out the UI when composing because COMPOSE will NOT open in IE 11. All I get is a blank white page.

It does open in SeaMonkey.

What I see serves to remind me why I use Thunderbird intead of Xfinity Connect.

At least if someone asks about it, I know where to look if I think I can help.

How do you get to PREFERENCES?

So I closed out IE11, opened it back up, went to Xfinity Connect.

Greeted with this (mail was there the first time I went to it)

Preferences (now called Settings) are located under the Cog in the upper right.  

For IE11, can you check that compatibility mode isn't enabled?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Latoque wrote:

OK I've poked around in the new format.  I would still like to know if this is a product of Zimbra or something else.  Looking at the url in the address bar I don't see Zimbra mentioned.  I would also like to know if Plaxo is still behind the address book and calendar.  Also, will there continue to be separate Full and Lite versions of the interface?  If so, how do we get at them?

Observation points--------

1)  Nice to see that a method of flagging emails has finally been added by using color coding for different things.

2)  I see no way to get into Preferences yet

3)  The ability to delete all email in any folder, including the Inbox has been added without having to switch into Lite

4)  The ability to request Read Receipts has been added for those who want to use them

5)  Right-click functionality is gone.  So in that respect it's like the Lite version.  This also has restricted the options you had before in the Full version like all the sorting options that were available in the old one.

6)  In the old version, I have my Gmail, and MSN accounts added as external accounts.  The new version has stripped them out.  And without access to Preferences, there is no way to put     them back in at the moment.

The whole feel of this thing is reminiscent of an iCloud email account.  Very futuristic and minimalistic functionality.  I'm sure I'll find other stuff as we go along.

1) Thank you

2) Preferences, now called Settings, are in the upper right under the Cog.  They are email application specific.  To get to the others preferences, go into Voice or Text and you'll see them.  In the future, Settings will be application specific.

3. Yep.  Much improved.  Oh yea, and there's no Lite anymore.  One UI that responds to your screen size/device.  Much easier to keep feature parity and consistent user experience.

4. Some like those.  Me, not so much, but to each their own.

5. Simplified design.  There were a lot of ways to sort and it made for confusion in a lot of cases.

6. Support for external email accounts are coming back.  We're working on it.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Queen-Evie wrote:

Compose finally opens in IE 11.

Who is the (non) genius who changed the default font color to light gray on white?  Once again, Comcast did not take into consideration those of us with vision issues. It needs to be darker and it needs to be black.

Message received loud and clear on this one.  We'll be fixing that.

No way to set it to leave a copy of sent messages in the SENT folder. I looked all over options for it and it is not there. The only thing with SAVE is when composing message, a saved button which will put it into DRAFTS. (also in screenshot)

I'm missing what you mean here.  It sounds like you're saying sent messages are saved to your Sent items?  Is that what you're seeing?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Latoque wrote:

The Comcast Keyboard shortcuts don't work in the new version.

New app, new shortcuts.  They'll be coming soon.

The Deletion Schedules are gone.

Also coming soon.  We need to do some more work before we can put those back.

The Composing and Reading Emails sections are gone.  So it looks like you can't change the default font and so on.

Not following what you mean here.  Fonts can be changed, so help me understand what you're looking for. 

In the old version, you could go to Preferences>>>>General and create secondary accounts from there.  That's gone now, so you need to revert to the older way of doing this by going into "My Account".

For now, yes.  That will come back too.  

In the Settings of the new version, I can't get it to load the Filter section at all.

In the Compose page, it used to be that if you created a local folder, you could pick a color for it.  That seems to be gone.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Queen-Evie wrote:

Sometimes when the page loads I see a list of the folders on the left.

Other times all I see My folders with no folders listed under it.

Spam folder shows 1 message in Spam. Clicking on Spam to see it results in "Error 408, Request Timed Out".

I do have user created folders. I know there mails in those folders. Accessing those folders will at times give me Error 408 and other times "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request". I also receive error inside the server when navigating from one folder to a different one.

When I checked Filter Rules in settings, it would not load. Waited a few minutes, clicked Filter Rules again and miraculously it loaded and I saw the only rule I have.

The loss of basic functions such as not being able to set the deletion schedule and no way to have a sent message show up in SENT combined with errors makes it worse than the other version and therefore it is not ready for prime time.

Are you still seeing these error messages when going into your folders and not seeing Sent items?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

savy63 wrote:

Will the new email platform fix the Guest problem? (login as me, email shows me as Guest)

The Guest problem is being handled separately.  We should have a fix soon.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Email Expert

ComcastJordan wrote:

Latoque wrote:

----------------------------

Not following what you mean here.  Fonts can be changed, so help me understand what you're looking for. 

-------------------------------------------

I am referring to the section where you could change the default font and font size, color and other things when sending out an email.  Here----------------

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 11.30.31 AM.jpg

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

ComcastJordan wrote:

I'm missing what you mean here.  It sounds like you're saying sent messages are saved to your Sent items?  Is that what you're seeing?

This is what I said previously

No way to set it to leave a copy of sent messages in the SENT folder. I looked all over options for it and it is not there.

The only thing with SAVE is when composing message, a saved button which will put it into DRAFTS. (also in screenshot)

new xfinity mail edited.PNG

This is ridiculous. I just created a folder and moved mail in the SENT folder (which contained mail sent BEFORE I switched to the new version) to the newly created folder. I want a clean slate to work with when I sent a test mail and then take a screenshot to show a copy of the test mail does NOT get put into SENT. I sent the test mail and go to SENT and the mail I moved from SENT to the newly created folder is BACK IN SENT MAIL. When I MOVE mail to a folder I expect it to STAY IN THE FOLDER I SENT IT TO.

For your reading pleasure, here are more screenshots:

AFTER I again moved the SENT mail to the folder I created this is what it looks like. It's empty for demo purposes.

XC new mail sent folder1.PNG

This is the Test mail I sent a few minutes ago:

XC new mail sent folder.PNG

After I sent the mail I get this message on the screen:

XC new mail sent folder2.PNG

I go to the SENT folder after sending the mail and receiving the above message, take another screenshot and see this which is blank. A copy of the sent message is NOT being saved to the SENT folder. The mail I just sent, subject title Test Send for Demo Purpose is not there. NOTHING I have sent when using this version of email gets saved to SENT.

xc new mail sent folder3.PNG

Once again I will say THERE IS NO OPTION IN SETTINGS TO SAVE A COPY OF MAIL TO THE SENT FOLDER.

YES, I am still receiving  Error 408 and other times "An error occurred inside the server which prevented it from fulfilling the request".  I also receive error inside the server when navigating from one folder to a different one. It's very random. Sometimes I can do things and NOT see one of the errors, other times I do receive them.

Ok, so I do use Thunderbird for my email access. The reason I am trying this new version of webmail is so I can get familiar with it and be able to answer questions about it in the future when people ask about it in the Email forum.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

Praise the Lord and pass the butterbeans.

While I was documenting something else, I decided to send another mail as a test.

After I sent it, I did NOT get the "did not get saved" error and it did show up in the SENT folder.

No clue if the issue is solved or if it will fail to keep a copy of sent messages in the future.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

@ComcastJordan------------

In the screen shot I posted in post #27 upthread, you will see the option that Evie is referring to.  It's the first item in the sub-section titled "When Sending a Message".  Also, I'll note an anomally I see with my own account.  The situation is this-------------

Last year I conducted an experiment based on a question from a poster asking about what happens when a user ID is deleted.  Like Evie I also use an email client----Apple Mail.  So I created a secondary account, used it for several days, then deleted it.  The ID is suspended for 90 days, then becomes available again to anyone who wants it.  I had also set the account up in Mail before I deleted it.  For the entire 90 day period I was able to send and receive emails using Mail, even though the webmail UI was not accessible to me.  Mail kept me signed in all the time.  After the 90 days was up, I was able to re-create the same account with the same user ID.

Fast forward to the new version of the webmail.  While still using the old version, I had set up external accounts in the Comcast account I use for the forums, from Gmail, Yahoo and MSN.  For some reason the Yahoo account shows up as just another folder, and the other two as their own free-standing folders in the folder pane.  But when I switched to the new version it kept the Yahoo account, but stripped out the other two.  I also have all those accounts enabled in Mail.  I can use all three with no problem because they all still show as being the IMAP folders within the Comcast account.  I suspect that what has happened is the same as happened with the earlier experiment.

Any ideas?  Will the missing accounts reappear up at some point in the webmail UI?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

What is going on with the forum software?  Right now it is 7:05 pm EDT, and I'm looking at the Email forum and I see this-------------------

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 7.03.15 PM.jpg

According to that, the last post in the New Xfinity Webmail thread was posted yesterday at 09:55 pm.  There has been a truckload of posts since that.  Why does the software not reflect that?

Also-----more on the new format:

When in the Sent folder, there was an option to "Edit as New" so you could alter a message in there and re-send it.  That is gone.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

I just noticed something in the FAQs you get when you click on "Help>>>>>Browser Our FAQs".  A sentence is duplicated-------------------

Screen Shot 2016-04-16 at 10.27.18 AM.jpg

And another item I found------in the Compose page, using the "Insert/Edit Link" doesn't work.  I put in a link, and the text I want to be displayed, and it does indeed put that text into the email instead of the full link.  But it's not rendered as a live link you can click on.  Also, if you try putting a very long link in it, it will spill over into the text field.

ETA:  The format works OK in Firefox and Chrome on the Mac.  With Safari, however, if I try to go to Compose, or if I try to use Reply or Reply All, it just won't load.  I keep getting two little arrows chasing each other in a circle in the middle of the page.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Next issue------when I'm looking at the Inbox page right now, the counter shows I have 4 unread emails----I have only one, even if I sort by Unread.  Here is what I think happened-------I had a couple of sub-folders in the account set up before the switch to the new format.  One of them has 3 unread messages in it.  But the new format didn't pick up that sub-folder so I can't see it in the webmail, but I can still see it in Apple Mail.  So it has added the one actually in the Inbox to the other 3.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Re: Add email Spell check to my emails?

Spellcheck is already built into the email program in Comcast.  What are you referring to?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Email Preferences

I recently upgraded my email and am learning my way around it and I am sometimes not very happy. But my issue at the moment is that I am not finding a "preferences" tab anywhere like the old format had. I like to change the font size and style for my emails and I can change it for each individual email I write but I can't find a way to save those settings permanently for future emails.

Is this feature now obsolete??? Or am I missing something??? 

Email Expert

Re: Email Preferences

Preferences in the new format has been replaced by a small gear icon in the far, upper-right corner of the screen.  This thing is still brand new, and there are a lot of kinks that need to be worked out yet.  The ability to change some default behaviors is one that is currently not available.  I believe you are referring to the section where you could change the font, color size and so on?  That is supposed to be coming, although I don't know when.  It is all a work in progress.  Here it is--------------

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 8.59.47 AM.jpg

Click on the icon and then on "Settings".  On the next page click on "Mail" and you will see this------------------

Screen Shot 2016-04-17 at 9.06.32 AM.jpg

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email Preferences

Hi,

Thank you, I had already tried that, I will keep checking.

I am now assuming that this is a 'test run' for the new upgrade and I am hoping that all the bugs are worked out by the time my 82 year old father is required to upgrade his account! Otherwise, it won't be pretty and I will be making a million 'tech service' calls to his house...ugh.

Thanks again

Contributor

New Xfinity e-mail

I recently got the new xfinity e-mail. I have set the Font Family & Font size, but every time I write a new e-mail I have to go and change it. It doesn't stay, how  do I save this so I don't have to change it every time I write a new e-mail? It is very frustrating. Help Please. Thanks

New Poster

compose

cannot reply or compose an email with this new format ????

Email Expert

Re: compose

What happens when you click on "Compose" in the toolbar, or when you try to use Reply?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Re: New Xfinity e-mail

That is one of the things that is not yet functional in the new format.  So for now, you can't change the default font, size, color etc.  It's coming but we don't know when just yet.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

The new email site doesn't have spell check.  This needs to be added to the site.  Iost files in the change over to the new site also.   Thanks!!

Email Expert

I just checked by misspelling a couple of words and it works for me in the new format.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Help, worst interface upgrade I have ever seen. How can I revert? Tired of spinning wheel which never delivers content. Random log offs, etc. What were your techies thinking? This upgrade wasn't ready.

Email Expert

OK this is bizzare.  I got an email notification at 11:06 am this morning, about a thread that was posted in July of 2013, and another from a different poster in September of 2013 at 11:07 am-------------what is going on?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Computer-Hardware-and-Software/move-favorites-list/m-p/1762707#M33969

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Computer-Hardware-and-Software/drop-down-menus/m-p/1836649#M34241

The OP is the one with the link in the email in both cases

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

New webmail

I switched to the new email and I tried to forward and email with an attachment, but the attachment did not go through. What's up with this?

mgbenn

Email Expert

Re: New webmail

I just forwared an email with a photo attachment from my Comcast account to my Yahoo account and it worked just fine for me.  What kind of attachment did you try to send?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon