Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Xfinity Connect email: attachment issues

New Poster

New Xfinity Connect email: attachment issues

Every since xfinity switched my email accounts to their new "connect" server, I have had constant issues with attachments on emails. 1) when composing an email, you can no longer click on the attachments(s) to review them before you click "send".  I like to make sure I have the correct attachment intended.  I have to "save" the email to draft, open the draft, click "view" to see the attachment(s).  At this point, it can take several minitues for the attachment to appear as it is "waiting for xfinity connect".  And each attachment takes several minutes.  Today, it took 20 minutes to review 4 attachments I had to one email.  After I finally review the attachments, I then click "edit" to send the email.  However, at this point, xfinity has now added a second "signature" to the bottom of my email and I have to delete one of them and then slick "send".  2) When I recieve an email with attachments, it also takes several minutes for the the attachment to open. I literally put in a load of laundry and the attachment still did not open.  3) my other issue happens simply when I log into my email.  It takes anywhere from 2-5 minutes for my email to boot up.   I have this problem with all of my email accounts on any computer.  I use a desktop and log into xfinity.com, I do not use an app. I am hard wired to our home network.  When I use my lap top and wi-fi, it's a little faster.  I use Google Chrome but have the same problem when I tried Internet Explorer. 

I have called Comcast no less than 4 times on this and other email issues.   Every time I call I have to go through my entire complaint, answer the same questions from the agent so he/she can try to fix my problem by following their flow chart.  Inevitably I am told that someone from "Tier 2" will call me to help with the problem.  Here in lies another problem.  Tier 2 called me last night at 8:20pm and I was not home.  They NEVER leave a message or a call back phone number.  I was told by Comcast that they will never leave a call back number OR can you get transferred to that department when you call back.  When I do call back, I have to start all over again and usually find out that my ticket has been "closed".

Made one last attempt to call Comcast today.  I refused to repeat my story.  Insisted on talking to Tier 2.  Was told there is no way to be transferred to that department and I would get a call back in 24 hours.  However, I am supposed to get a call back in 25 minutes from this guy's supervisor.  Not holding my breath.

I'd rather not change my email address.  That's a huge inconvenience.  But I think that is inevitable.  I like our cable service and the features the X1 platform provides.  Our internet is otherwise fast.  Comcast's customer service is beyond reproach.   

Anyone else have this problem with email attachments?  

Email Expert

Re: New Xfinity Connect email: attachment issues

As for previewing attachments, in the new format, there is no way to preview document files.  You just have to make sure it's right before you attach it.  If you are attaching an image you can see a thumbnail by clicking on the "window" icon at the far right above the message body, here---------------

Preview photo attachments in new format.jpg

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I have had similar frustrations withe the latest updates and the connect features. I have no problems with my gmail accounts. I use the Comcast for a specific set of communications, and like you it would be a big pain to change. It seems with every update they make things get slower and convenient features disappear. I used to be able to delete attachment after I had downloaded them and this feature is no longer available either.

Regular Visitor

I have experienced exactly everything that twobiggs24 describes in their first paragraph.

Additionally, there is the failure to send an email issue when the connection drops to the server. The lost email drafts that do not save for the very same reason. It has gotten to the point where I draft my emails in notepad prior to Xfinity so that I can save them with confidence.

Comcast, I won't rant at you but I'll simply state that your Customer Service, your launch, your execution, your QA, and your communication on this IT deployment is deserving of no more than a D+. We expect more from a company of your stature. Enough with the stonewalling, admit to the mistakes, and fix the issues. You owe us that much.

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Connect email: attachment issues, formatting issues, search issues

As a former IT professional, now a business person who uses Comcast email as a client filing cabinet - I hear you. This is the worst update, and lack of systems planning I've seen released by a huge public company EVER. Drafts unreliable, functions removed, it's former more reliable standardization, which they finally resolved, is once again a formatting nightmare (like 10 years ago). I am frustrated with the obvious lack of testing of their new email app / software, and the removal of features. Unusable in my world. Can't even rely on a Boolean search to be correct, in it's new "end user" easy format. Spotty results depending on -  on - what, Comcast? 

New Poster

Re: New Xfinity Connect email: attachment issues, formatting issues, search issues

Any conjecture what this means? ERROR rec'd tonight. Won't send an email I just copied into drafts, then edited.

Did some editing of text only, then couldn't save or send. 

here is the message, in a box at the top of the screen:

"Attachment 1.2.9 not found inside email 123456,

in folder Drafts"

I changed nothing about my attachments in this copied email. 

Like the other user, I have come to pasting text into another program before sending a long email...

New Poster

Having the exact same issues as everyone else with the new email format.  My goal is to figure out how to put an attachment in the body of the email like we had been able to in the old format.  I have tried every button possible, tried copy and pasting into the body, all without success.  The comcast help chat was not able to figure out this simple thing and referred me to a Tier one expert.  After 3 days, I still have not heard from them.

Anyone know how to do this?

Frequent Visitor

This issue is not new but the person responding suggested I use a different Browser.........I tried from Firfox, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer, No joy. They should know this since I see entries about this in October. One suprise was a photo sent from my iphone to my email address showed in the body of the email???? Why it works this way and not from email account to another email account, I have to scan dozens of emails with images a day it now takes 3 to 4 times as long to view my emails, having to click on links/buttons 3 times to see the attached image and 2 more times to close it. I have sent the email to gmail and hotmail to view, no problem they are still in the body of the email. xfinity work this out!

New Poster

I have experienced the same problem,  What I do is send the email to myself, open the attachment(s) to make sure they are correct.  

Hopes this helps.

Email Expert

RCottrell wrote:

Having the exact same issues as everyone else with the new email format.  My goal is to figure out how to put an attachment in the body of the email like we had been able to in the old format.  I have tried every button possible, tried copy and pasting into the body, all without success.  The comcast help chat was not able to figure out this simple thing and referred me to a Tier one expert.  After 3 days, I still have not heard from them.

Anyone know how to do this?

You can't put document files into the body of an email you are composing in the new format.  However, you can put images in it by dragging and dropping them.  When you get the image over the text area you will see it prompt you to do that.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having exactly the same issues with my email and sending attachments.

New Poster

I do agree, as a trained IT & systems design/programming person, this is the worst release possible. Untested. Users not consulted. Making my work come to a standstill in my small office.

Emails stuck in drafts because they won't send - yet the system has saved the very same email 20 times in the hour in SEPARATE files in drafts - bogging down their system. Now rec'd an email saying I'm nearly out of storage. Took a screen shot and deleted the 20 email on each large draft I've worked on.

I am also waiting for a response to email attachment issues. I've written to them on their FB page about many of the issues and the fact that as a user, ► ►►I feel we've gone back 12 years in functionality, and have all the glitches back from those earilier years with Comcast. They've ruined a great thing...new apps should have more, not less, and work better, not worse! WOW ◄◄◄ THEY SHOULD HIRE US TO assist them in getting some functionality back!! ◄◄◄

New Poster

I just tried to attach multiple attachments with the connect app also. Only 1 attaches any other overwrites. In the body only photos to attach. I deleted the app and was able to use the mail app on my iPad. It recognized Comcast once I put my comcast email. I attached 5 pdf files. They went in the body. They did not attach as icons. It sent them as a zip file. Hope this helps.

New Poster

This is the same history for me as well.  My attachments look like a big red block and I end up going to Outlook for my attachments.  Outlook is much more reliable that Comcast.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 10 in conversation