Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Email Red Circle

Regular Visitor

New Email Red Circle

My email envelope pic used to show, in a red circle, how many new emails I had.  Now it doesn't do that...Now I actually have to click on my envelope to see if I have emails.  How do I get the little red circle back?

Email Expert

Re: New Email Red Circle

Does it appear if you refresh the page?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

No, I have tried everything.  Refreshing page, re-setting modem, clearing browsing history and cache, different browser.  Anything I may have missed?  This just started happening 3 days ago.

Email Expert

Are you still in the old email format or the new one?  In the old format, the counter was never very reliable.  It seems to behave much better in the new format.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

If you are talking about the new email format that is very slow and troublesome then yes.  But, how am I sure it is the new format?

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Sunday message counter (by envelope icon) was working. Monday it no longer showed count of messages. Tuesday and Wednesday also no message count. Now have to frequently click on envelope and go to email page to see if there are any messages. Hope this will be fixed.

(Yes, I'm in the new email format.)

Email Expert

keith2936 wrote:

If you are talking about the new email format that is very slow and troublesome then yes.  But, how am I sure it is the new format?

When you are on the Inbox page look at the URL in the address bar of your browser.  If it says "Zimbra" you are in the old format,  If it says "Appsuite" you are in the new one.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I am in the new one.  Appsuite.

Email Expert

Well yesterday it worked fine for me.  Today I can't get it to register unread messages in either Chrome or Safari.  So I'm escalating this to the forum admins for follow up.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello all, I have tested this issue on my end and I am unable to duplicate the issue. Are you speaking of the unread notification when you access your account from the home page, or are you missing the notification once you click on your email tab? Have you tried signing into the "Xfinity Connect" app to see if you have the same issue there? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

All I have is a desktop.  When I sign into my xfinity the email icon in my browsers, chrome and explorer, no longer have a red circle indicating how many new emails I have recently received.  I must now click on the email envelope icon each time to actually see IF I do have emails.  This recently started a few days ago.  I have cleared cookies, cache, history in both browsers.  I have signed out and back in.  I have re-booted my modem several times.  The issue remains.  Any fixes you are aware of would be a tremendous help.  Thank You. 

Official Employee

keith2936 wrote: All I have is a desktop.  When I sign into my xfinity the email icon in my browsers, chrome and explorer, no longer have a red circle indicating how many new emails I have recently received.  I must now click on the email envelope icon each time to actually see IF I do have emails.  This recently started a few days ago.  I have cleared cookies, cache, history in both browsers.  I have signed out and back in.  I have re-booted my modem several times.  The issue remains.  Any fixes you are aware of would be a tremendous help.  Thank You. 

I will notify our engineering team of this issue so that the problem can be resolved on our end or if we have a fix that you can use I will follow up with that information here. To help us resolve this problem faster we would like to duplicate the problem on our end and compare your credentials with our own here. Can you please send me a private message with your username, account number, and street address by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) then click private message me? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Your private message link does not work either.

Official Employee

keith2936, do you get an error message while trying to PM me? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

No error msg....it opens but won't let me type in it.  

Frequent Visitor

I am experiencing this same problem and entered a question this afternoon before finding this thread.  I have tried many of the fix attempts identified above without success.  The problem exists across IE11, Edge, and Firefox.  If no solution has yet been found, with your pemission may I PM the same information you requested of Keith2396?

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation