Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Email Complaints

New Poster

New Email Complaints

A few things I've noticed with the upgraded email that are annoying.  A number of Word functions that used to work with email no longer work.  Two examples are (1) you can no longer hold the control button and highlight multiple emails to take action on; and (2) in the body of the email, you can no longer left click your mouse and highlight a section of an email.

I know you can use the check boxes for (1) and you can use your cursor directional buttons for (2), but these ommissions make the web mail service much less user friendly.

Email Expert

Re: New Email Complaints

In Windows, to select multiple emails in the list, hold down the Shift key, and click on the first one and then on the last one.  That will select everything in between.  If the messages you want are not in sequence, click on the messages one at a time to select how ever many you want.  I can use the cursor in the body of a message to highlight text easily.  Just click and hold at the beginning and drag to the end of the text.  I have a Windows 10 laptop.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon