Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New Comcast Email Platform not Working

Regular Visitor

New Comcast Email Platform not Working

From day one when my emails were set up on the new Comcast platform, I have been having serious issues.  I have difficulty loading my emails, and when they finally load, I have trouble deleting or moving individual emails.  I receive error after error message, with retry, retry, retry, or nothing at all.  I have chatted with one representative and spoken with two, and so far no help. I can sign in to my wife's email account, which is on the old platform, and bingo, all is the same as before and working well.  Anyone else having trouble with the new Comcast email platform?

Valued Contributor

Re: New Comcast Email Platform not Working

I get a lot of server error messages. So much so that I hit the 'save draft' button regularly and often. This has been going on for weeks. Now, as of a few minutes ago, I can't access texting at all, and that has been on and off for months too. I don't know what's going on because what I'm using hasn't changed for years. (in other words, the problem is not of my own doing or my computer) Email and texting has become hit or miss and VERY frustrating/irritating.
New Poster

Have had trouble since the upgrade.  Email won't load, keep getting retry. Very fustrating!!

New Poster

I am NOT pleased with the new email.  Please, please fix this or bring back the previous version.  I cannot believe all the errors and the inability to compose, attach, forward, etc.  Why did I not have the option to preview this first?  It is terrible.

New Poster

I don't like it at all.  Bring back the previous email format.

New Poster

Princepessa wrote:

I am NOT pleased with the new email.  Please, please fix this or bring back the previous version.  I cannot believe all the errors and the inability to compose, attach, forward, etc.  Why did I not have the option to preview this first?  It is terrible.

I totally agree.  I'm hoping Xfinity will respond quickly to our pleas.

Email Expert

gdpnp wrote:

Princepessa wrote:

I totally agree.  I'm hoping Xfinity will respond quickly to our pleas.

Once you have been migrated to the new email format, there is no way to revert to the old one.  Did you have a specific question about how to do something in the new format?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am having the absolute same issues with my new Comcast setup as Donna below.  Yet, my husbands is working fine.  I use this for a nonprofit organization and need to be sending updates to them weekly and haven't had service for two weeks.  I have been a longtime customer but I am ready to switch to something else, I am so frustrated.  

New Poster

I've been a longtime member and if this does not get corrected I am going to drop Comcast email.  I have had nothing but issues with it since the changeover.  

Email Expert

wrote:

I've been a longtime member and if this does not get corrected I am going to drop Comcast email.  I have had nothing but issues with it since the changeover.  

If you have a specific issue you want to ask about maybe someone in here will be able to help you.  "I've had nothing but issues" doesn't tell anyone anything.  Be specific.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

When Comcast went to "New Comcast Email Platform", I lost all of my saved folders. I had a lot of important info in the saved folders. It's imperative that hose folders are retrieved. How do I get them back?

Please reply

Email Expert

wrote:

When Comcast went to "New Comcast Email Platform", I lost all of my saved folders. I had a lot of important info in the saved folders. It's imperative that hose folders are retrieved. How do I get them back?

Please reply

Look to the left of any folders you can see for a small black arrowhead.  Click on any you see.  Do the missing folders reappear?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

No. About 90% of my saved information is lost.The folders that did remain are empty. A lot of the folders are also missing. I had a lot of important information saved and need desperately. How can I get them back. 

Email Expert

wrote:

No. About 90% of my saved information is lost.The folders that did remain are empty. A lot of the folders are also missing. I had a lot of important information saved and need desperately. How can I get them back. 

I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you

Official Employee

Hello dicin2006, I can assist you with recovering your folders and any other missing information. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I am also a long time customer and so many of my emails have just disappeared.   Also, the search funciton is not working properly.  I can find older emails with particular search words in the subject line but when I try to search for them only very recent emails come up.  I wish you hadn't changed the platform.  Have you ever heard that if it isn't broken don't fix it.  There was nothing wrong with the old platform.  

New Poster

Some of the same issues and worse.  Comcast denies there is a problem.  The emails are "there" but the search function does not find them.  One must scroll through emails to locate them.  I was moved to the new interface around January 13th, 2018, and if I search on a term either in the subject or in the body of the message it only brings up results back to that date and then all the way back to 2009; basically a nine year gap.  I have sent screen shots but Comcast is trying to argue that this isn't a problem.      

New Poster

This is without doubt the worse Email I have ever used. I can't even access my contacts from the mail page or the dedicated address book page (omly shows one contact per alpha). When I delete a group of emails there is a refresh and then all the emails remaining are all mixed up date wise. WHY did Comcast (Xfinity) change it? What was wrong with the previous email? Whoever did this - fire them....

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation