Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need Updated email settings

Contributor

Need Updated email settings

What are the updated email server settings for outlook.  Don't point me in the direction of Comcast John's thread because those settings no longer work.  I don't understand why they change the settings every couple or so years but don't tell us, you know, their end users.   I have 3 comcast email accounts in addition to 1 yahoo and download all to outlook to make it easier to manage all of them.  But if none of the settings work, and repairing it doesn't work, then how am I supposed to download email and send email from outlook?

Email Expert

Re: Need Updated email settings

AFAIK, the client settings have not changed.  Those for Comcast are found here------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Thanks but nothing I've done works.  I even called comcast this morning thinking maybe they have something not posted online.  Nope, nothing worked.  They're pointing fingers at outlook.  I never changed anything with the program and as I pointed out to the person I spoke with, my yahoo account is just fine on outlook.  Several other outlook users are having the same problems.  Sounds like it's time comcast looks into the issue since others are having problems.

Email Expert

What version of Outlook are you using?  Try deleting the account from it and then set it back up again from scratch.  Let Outlook auto-configure it for you.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

2016 and I already did that.  In fact, I did that before I came looking for help.  As I've said elsewhere, I've been setting up my own email addresses in outlook, and have done so for work, for at least 20 years.  I know how to do this, however there is a problem on comcast's end that isn't being addressed. I backed up the emails then deleted the account and tried to add it back.  No matter what I did, nothng worked.  All I got was error message after error message.  Not even outlook's auto set up worked. 

Service Expert

Batwoman wrote:

2016 and I already did that.  In fact, I did that before I came looking for help.  As I've said elsewhere, I've been setting up my own email addresses in outlook, and have done so for work, for at least 20 years.  I know how to do this, however there is a problem on comcast's end that isn't being addressed. I backed up the emails then deleted the account and tried to add it back.  No matter what I did, nothng worked.  All I got was error message after error message.  Not even outlook's auto set up worked. 

What were the error messages?

Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I've already said numerous times in just as many threads.  There were several mesasges, even more so when I tried to set the one email account back up.  I don't have time (or patience) to go through the process again just to copy down the messages.  The point is, there is a problem on comcast's end, and many of us are having problems with outlook no longer working with comcast's servers. 

New Poster

@Again,

I was having the problem too.  After 3 days of being down the problem resolved itself (for now?).  The error occured after the login succeeded and outlook was trying to download the list of messages from the server.  At that point the progress bar would hang and eventually the connection to the server would time out (the error I got most often was the connection timed out).

New Poster

Last few days email retrieval is super slow and often end with "Server not responding" error. I tried to log in to Conmcast online email and it also errors "Failed to load message content". Refresh doesnt help.

Official Employee

Hello all,

We had an issue with the e-mail server but it has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue - please provide more details about the error message you get, what troubleshooting steps you already performed but please do not post publicly any private information. 

@Batwoman - I fully understand your frustration but please do not duplicate your posts about the same issue in other threads. It could be considered as spamming which is a violation of our Forums Policy and Guidelines. We haven't changed any settings for 3rd party e-mail clients. Please note, our troubleshooting is very limited for programs like Outlook or any other 3rd party e-mail client. We don't own these programs, we can only provide the configuration settings for the e-mail server. If you only experience an issue with getting/sending e-mails in Outlook but all other devices such as your smartphone, tablet, XFINITY Connect website/app work fine - it could be an issue with settings in Outlook.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Email Expert
Moved:

Moved for email addresses in screenshot. Please don't post personal information as these are public forums.

Contributor

Still having issues, it was cleared up earlier in the day but sarted up again.

Official Employee

@Batwoman - I removed the screenshot with the error message since it contains your email addresses. It's considered as private information and since this forum is open for public - we ask not to share it. The error 0x800CCC0E usually caused by issues with SMTP server. Please try the following:

- Sign in to https://connect.xfinity.com/. Send an email to yourself. Let me know if you get it or not. 

- Under Outlook Account settings, do you have an option "My outgoing server requires authentication - Use same settings as my incoming mail server" checked? 

- What port do you have set up for SMTP server and version of Outlook you use? POP3 or iMAP account?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

I am also suddenly unable to receive any e-mails on either Outlook or my cell phone as of 7:18 AM this morning.  The Outlook error is 0x800CCCDE, unable to connet to server.  My Outlook version is 2016 and my cell phone is a Samsung Note 8.  My Outlook e-mail accounts are correctly configured according to the Comcast Outlook configuration directions provided here:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/setting-up-outlook-2010.  I am able to send and receive e-mails through the XFinity e-mail webpage, but not from my Outlook account or my cell phone.  

I tried calling Comcast Customer Support and was connected to Stephanie.  Stephanie diagnosed the problem as "Needing to update Outlook," which is absolute nonsense.  My Windows 7 and Microsoft Office are completely updated according to Windows Update.

It should be clear that this is not a Windows, Outlook, Android, or Samsung problem.  This is a Comcast problem with not keeping their external interfaces properly configured to the signatures they specify.

If Comcast chooses to alter their interface configurations at any time, users need to be informed of these changes ahead of time to know when and how to change their settings to keep their devices and accounts interoperating.

New Poster

My e-mail reception in Outlook and on my cell phone abruptly resumed as of 10:17 AM this morning with no action on my part.

Email Expert

Sometime during the night all 3 of my Comcast accounts went offline in Mac Mail.  I tried deleting and re-entering one of them but kept getting the same kind of message------"Cannot verify settings".  So I tried to enable the same account in Thunderbird and got the same thing.  I was able to access all 3 accounts normally in the webmail interface, but the clients were having none of it.  Just a few minutes ago they all came back online in both Mac Mail and Thunderbird.  All functioning as they should.  Something hiccuped on the Comcast server I'm hitting on.

Go figure

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

As I had said in my intital post, my settings are all correct, all as they should be, yet I keep having problems with my email accounts.  All three comcast accounts have connection issues with comcast servers.  This is on and off, an issue I have far more than when it's cleared up.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  As of yesterday, all emails just stopped coming to my outlook or my phone.  Just called comcast and tried to get help. I was on the phone for almost an hour with no fix.  They told me to call microsoft.  UGH!  I changed absolutely nothing!!!

Service Expert

rdwyer01 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  As of yesterday, all emails just stopped coming to my outlook or my phone.  Just called comcast and tried to get help. I was on the phone for almost an hour with no fix.  They told me to call microsoft.  UGH!  I changed absolutely nothing!!!

Try changing your incoming server info:

Incoming server
Server type: IMAP
Server name: imap.email.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 993

Outgoing server
Server name: smtp.comcast.net
Connection security: SSL/TLS
Server port: 465
Authentication: As incoming mail server

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon