Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

NOT SOLVED New Email Very Slow to Load

Contributor

NOT SOLVED New Email Very Slow to Load

I'm finding the new email page takes forever to load. Anyone else have this issue?

Regular Contributor

Re: New Email Very Slow to Load

The Comcast webmail has been slow to connect and is giving stupid error messages- "Something went wrong". It's been annoying when I need to check email. I'd say it's been really slow that past couple days, but it had been acting up for a few weeks.

Contributor

Yes, email is very slow to load once signing in.  Definitely the slowest loading page I've experienced on the Internet.  This has started since the "changeover" to the new Comcast "email."  It's awful.

Regular Contributor

I'm getting the same issues.  The email takes about a minute to load, but sometimes it takes forever, and I have to refresh my page.  After about a minute, I got to Xfinity Connect Inbox.  Not even the mobile workaround can help with this one, because if I try to click on the mobile workaround, I always get redirected to the Xfinity Home Page.  Bummer.  Cat Sad

https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain

Contributor

Re: New Email Very Slow to Load THIS HAS NOT YET BEEN SOLVED

THIS HAS NOT YET BEEN SOLVED

Yes, me too.  Since the new "improved" Email began, there's at least a 5 to 10 second wait when I click on an email before it appears in view; and also that long after clicking Send on a new one.

Every function on the new email is very very slow now...

New Poster

Regarding the slow loading email issue... I clicked Comcast's "Solved! Click here!" link and the link took me NOWHERE with a fix! I'm giving this another day or two before I throw in my chips and move onto another provider. This new (and unexpected!) interface is for the birds.

New Poster

This is NOT solved - none of the options that are supposed to allow viewing of the solution reveal anything. POS

Regular Contributor

NO THIS IS NOT SOLVED.  I have outstanding ticket for this and was told they "might" have a solution at the end of Feburary.  This is rediculous.  Have texting issues too and now I am having issues with the TV Remote App not working.  Just spend an hour 'chatting' with tech support and got another ticket.  A ticket to nowhere as far as I can tell.

Contributor

Re: New Email Very Slow to Load STILL NOT SOLVED

STILL NOT SOLVED

The new email system takes forever to Send and Receive emails, and if there are photos in the email it takes an eternity!

My previous post was a report/ complaint to add to all the others about the unbelievable slowness of the new email platform. (I think Curly clicked "Solution" on it by mistake.)

Since this forum's responses to the myriad complaints are not offering any assurance that the email system will be fixed (telling us to clear the cache or try another browser is no help),

I keep clicking on the email page menu's Help and then Tell Us What You Think in order to report the problems as there seems to be no other place to do it.

Please, Comcast, fix your email system!

New Poster

Re: NOT SOLVED New Email Very Slow to Load

Not only that, when I delete a large number of emails at once, it either doesn't delete the emails or it goes chronologically out of order even when I click on "by date" it stays out of order until I log off and log on again.  Why not actually try out these new "upgrades" before making you use them?  GAH!

Frequent Visitor

I need my email.  The changed Xfinity email client is not only slow to load, but slow to deliver and I am now getting calls that emails are arriving either not for hours or not at all.  When does the "new" get to the "improved" state? 

New Poster

Since Comcast upgraded to the new web email look it has been terribly slow to do anything !  The page loads slow, something as simple as typing is slow.  Not a good experience at all !!!

New Poster

Seem like Comcast is a "want-a-be" email system, becasue it added functionality & looks but GREATLY lost in perforance, when compared to other email systems!

New Poster

comcast.net email has been terribly slow for quite a while now.

What is wrong???

My internet connection and speed are fine.

Is anyone addressing this?

I also clicked on the "solved" link and got to a post saying it was not solved!

New Poster

Same here. Talked to many techs; all went through the same pointless rigmarole about clearing cookies, etc. In the end, someone with a thick cowboy-type accent told me it's an East Coast problem and they're working on it. Every time Comcast "improves" something, look out.

New Poster

More often than not, it is excruciatingly slow to go from my log-in to the actual list of e-mails.

Is anyone at Comcast trying to fix this?

New Poster

I'm having the same problem. With so many others having this issue I'm amazed that Comcast has not done something to remedy the situation. I voice the same question as others..Is comcast working on this, and if so, when do they plan to have a solution? PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!!

New Poster

I can't see what I am typing in my emails and the loading time is ridiculous.  Comcast doesn't ask if we want changes but imposes them on us.  I am now using a different email source.  Comcast also chargesTOO MUCH for internet. They may be big at the moment but they have been alienating users for years and will someday be going downhill financially.  We have already cut out their cable. 

New Poster

Re: New Email Very Slow to Load STILL NOT SOLVED

I called about 5 times in past 2 weeks and tech acts like its no big deal, keep getting "We Are Working On it" Too many things have been going wrong with all Xfinity services and it seems they could care less, have no choice but to find a provider who at lease cares and fixes their issues in hours not weeks...

Regular Visitor

Yes, my email takes way too long to load at sign in after putting in the password an error message appears that I can't get in at this time.  The page finally load but after about 3 minutes.  Comcast has yet to address it after 2 phone calls and a "ticket" being created!???

Regular Contributor

Same issue here with th mobile app. Almost unusably slow.