Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

My incoming mail

Frequent Visitor

My incoming mail

My incoming mail is disappearing and is not in trash.

Email Expert

Re: My incoming mail

Check your deletion schedules to make sure they are set the way you want them. From the Inbox page, go to Preferences>>>>Email, and look about halfway down the list to "Email Deletion Schedules". If it's not that, then as a precaution I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection, or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong.

Also, do you have another device like a smartphone or tablet with the account enabled on it? If so it may be downloading and then deleting the messages from the server. Check all the settings in it to see if that's what's going on.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much. I will try your suggestions.On my e-mail account,I have checked off never to delete the e-mails,so I guess it might be something else that you have suggested.

Frequent Visitor

As  you suggested my mail is hooked up with my iphone and was deleting mail from the server.I cheked off never to delete mail from the server, but I still  have mail that was deleted in e-mail and I have not been able to locate. Thank you again.

Bronze Problem Solver

If it was deleted off the server by the phone it would not be there anymore.

You might be able to recover some of it by using the webmail interface and right clicking on the trash folder and selecting recover deleted items

Frequent Visitor

Sorry I don't understand web mail interface?? What is it and where?

Email Expert

Ladybug30 wrote:

Sorry I don't understand web mail interface?? What is it and where?

When you sign into your Comcast email using only a browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox, etc., you are using "webmail".  As opposed to using a desktop mail client like Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, Mac Mail etc.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon