Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Multiple emails from ?variable?@comcast.net Phishing account info at various Banks

New Poster

Multiple emails from ?variable?@comcast.net Phishing account info at various Banks

As stated in subject, many bogus emails.  A high percentage of which came someuserid@comcast.net. I wished I had saved all the bogus emails. My question is where do I send /forward them to Comcast so that they can be reviewed/investigated???

Service Expert

Re: Multiple emails from ?variable?@comcast.net Phishing account info at various Banks

razor123 wrote:

As stated in subject, many bogus emails.  A high percentage of which came someuserid@comcast.net. I wished I had saved all the bogus emails. My question is where do I send /forward them to Comcast so that they can be reviewed/investigated???

I have always marked them as spam or else used the unsubscribe link.  I hardly get any now.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Multiple emails from ?variable?@comcast.net Phishing account info at various Banks

razor123 wrote: ... where do I send /forward them to Comcast so that they can be reviewed/investigated???

For instructions, visit http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/. Scroll about halfway down the page and click "Report Spam and Phishing Emails", then scroll down to "Report Phishing Emails". Also Google the bank name + phishing and send a report to that address as well.

Gold Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote: ... or else used the unsubscribe link. ...

That's terrible advice. Users should NEVER click ANY link in ANY spam, scam, or phishing email. It only confirms that your address is "live" and invites more of the same.

Service Expert

BruceW wrote:

RobertWy wrote: ... or else used the unsubscribe link. ...

That's terrible advice. Users should NEVER click ANY link in ANY spam, scam, or phishing email. It only confirms that your address is "live" and invites more of the same.

OK, I'll remember that.  Thanks.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank You for your pointing out how to prepare and send bogus/phishing/etc emails to Comcast for review.  Will they do anything with them???

Official Employee

Our CSA team works dillegently and do review those reports and get offending sites taken down or blocked.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation