Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Moving a Message from the Inbox to a Folder in the New Comcast E-Mail Format

New Poster

Moving a Message from the Inbox to a Folder in the New Comcast E-Mail Format

In the old Comcast Email format, to move a message from the inbox to a folder, all you needed to do was type in the first few letters of the name of the destination folder into a box. This quick and easy feature seems to have disappeard in the new format, forcing you to scroll through multiple folders and sub-folders to find your destination folder. A time-consuming and frustrating process. Is there a work-around to keep this old feature.

Is Comcast open to suggestions to improve this new format. It seems to take longer to do simple things. 

Email Expert

Re: Moving a Message from the Inbox to a Folder in the New Comcast E-Mail Format

Moving an email in the new format is quite simple.  You can select the message in the list and click on the Move button in the toolbar.  It looks like a file folder with an arrow in it.  Or, you can just drag and drop the message from the list to the folder in the left pane.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Moving a Message from the Inbox to a Folder in the New Comcast E-Mail Format

Thanks. It's quite simple if you don't have multiple folders to scroll through. In the old version, once you clikced on the Move button in the tool bar, a box would appear in which you could type in the first 2 or 3 letters of the folder name, which woud then appear. It saved tremendous time in having to find the folder, then drag and drop the message in it.

Sounds like there is no similar capability in this new version.  

Email Expert

Can you not see your folders in the left pane?  How many do you have and how are they organized?  No, the feature you describe is not available in the new format, but you should be able to drag and drop if you don't want to use the Move button.  You might also think about using filters to sort things into the proper folders.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

yes, the folders are clearly visible on the left side. I have 87 folders (and sub folders) in one email account and 117 in the other. This is why it was so much simpler to just type in the first few letters of the folder name to move it from the inbox to the destination. Much, much more cumbersome to drag and drop it, or to use the Move folder, without that neat feature. Will try your idea on using the Filter feature. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation