New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Moved and now cannot access or send email

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Moved and now cannot access or send email

I sold my house about a month ago and "transferred" my email and account from there to another Comcast account I already had at another address. I was assured that I would not lose my email addresses but they also said that, regardless, email addresses are maintained for 30 days anyway.

No problems for 4 weeks. Then yesterday emails stopped working. Cannot access at all (i.e. any device, Outlook, Xfinity.com,
App, etc.). Have called several times and the people I talk to seem to have no idea what to do. I am afraid this is going to be a long and painful process.

When I go to Xfinity.com I can get on my account just fine but when I click on the mail icon it gives me an error saying that I cannot access because I do not subscribe to high speed internet (which I do). Seems like some sort of conflict with the old account I closed and the one everything was transferred to. Emails being sent to me are being kicked back although the rep said my email addresses are active on the account. So it appears there is no incoming or outgoing.

Seems to be more than coincidental that the problem began almost exactly 30 days from when I "transferred" the account. Can anyone help. I'm stuck!
Accepted Solution

Re: Moved and now cannot access or send email

Hi sherin2, thank you for working with me via private message and glad they we were able to get your email working properly by transferring all your emails to the new accounts and sending a refresh.

Thank you

View answer in context
Email Expert

This is not something you can fix yourself.  The error you are seeing usually indicates a coding issue in the account.  I'm escalating this to the forum administrator for further follow-up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks! Much appreciated.
Official Employee

Hi sherin, I can assist with your emails and making sure they are on your current account.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

Thank you! Sorry but where would I access the private message?
Official Employee

No problem, 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi sherin2, thank you for working with me via private message and glad they we were able to get your email working properly by transferring all your emails to the new accounts and sending a refresh.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.