Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing emails

Regular Visitor

Missing emails

I'm suddenly not recieving emails from specific email addresses--will adding email address to my contact list prevent the messages from being filtered out as spam?

Email Expert

Re: Missing emails

No----Comcast does not scan your address book to see if a contact is safe or not.  Are the emails in question going into your Spam folder?  Are they from the same domain?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing emails

No, the missing emails were not going into my spam folder.  They were being filtered or blocked --so that they don't appear anywhere.  I called the # for security and the first person I spoke to looked at the account and the email address that seemed to be the problem and agreed that the emails were being identified as spam and filtered out.  He transferred me to a higher authority to remove the block..  The woman I was connected to next disagreed with him and said that no emails from that address were on any blocked list.  She suggested the problem was with the sender.  After days of frustration; I changed my email from comcast to a google account and voila-I'm once again receiving emails from the email address in question.  All the money Comcast charges--you would think that they could do a better job-  or at least correct their mistakes instead of blaming them on others.