Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing Sign Out Link on Email page

Contributor

Missing Sign Out Link on Email page

The Email page is missing all of the Links at the top of the page including Sign Out

They are all in place on the voice, address book, calendar etc.. pages

Email Expert

Re: Missing Sign Out Link on Email page

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.

If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser and see if you can duplicate the problem that way. If it works OK then you will know the problem probably lies with the first browser. eg: if you are using Internet Explorer, try Chrome or Firefox.

If you are using IE 10 or 11, make sure Compatibility mode is enabled for comcast.net. You will find it in IE under "Tools".

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

This has nothing to do with browsers

It was there yesterday and every day before that for years

This is a Comcast issue

Contributor

Same thing happened to me last night.  Still no sign out, or other tabs on the e-mail page.  Sign out does appear on the address book page. I cleared cache, history, etc.  I re-sent the signal, and tried multiple browsers. Agree this is a Comcast issue.  I got the same results on Firefox and Chrome.  It is not a browser or IE issue.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. It is a COMCAST problem. Please fix!!!

Frequent Visitor

Same

It was there the other day and every day before that for years, then BAM it's GONE.

This is a Comcast issue

I'm payin 200 bucks a month, for this!

Frequent Visitor

Same issue - here earlier this week, gone yesterday.  No change to browser or version, so must be another Comcast email client issue. Also occasionally get a different test font (bolder) appearing.

Service Expert

If using the FULL version of Xfinity Connect sign out is indeed missing.

The LITE version does have sign out on the email page.

Whatever happened affects only the FULL version.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Sorry for the delay in posting, folks.  Yes, the sign-out link is missing.  It was an inadvertent impact from a change made the other day.  We're working on fixing the issue. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Frequent Visitor

All right Jordan, hope on the horizon!

Many Thanks

New Poster

Hi Jordan,  I just sent you a private message re: a thread I found from december were you "fixed" someone who had the same issue and one that I'm having now.  I sent that message to you before I read this thread.  Seems like you're more knowledgable than most comcast cust svc people. 

Official Employee

We are still troubleshooting the problem.  At this point the problem seems to be only with IE 11.  From our initial analysis, IE 11 making the navbar disappear because of the IE 5 quirks mode.

Untill we fix the problem , you can go to "xfinity.comcast.net" or "https://login.comcast.net/logout?s=portal&continue=http://xfinity.comcast.net" to signout.

We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

FYI...I'm experiencing the problem and using IE9. No problem when using Chrome.

Service Expert

cc_xc wrote:

At this point the problem seems to be only with IE 11.  From our initial analysis, IE 11 making the navbar disappear because of the IE 5 quirks mode.

WRONG!!!

I am using IE 10 and it is missing.

The poster above indicated it also affects IE 9.

Therefore they are incorrect when stating it is only with IE 11.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Sign Out not available from Inbox

Recently (past few days), I have noticed that I cannot hit Sign Out from my Inbox, in IE 11 (no problem in Firefox).  The Xfinity banner, which typically lists "Shop/Upgrade", "My Account", "Support", "TV", "EMail", and "Hello, myname" with "Sign Out" below it, is all black.  If I switch from "Email" to Calendar", then the items in the banner appear, and I can click on "Sign Out". 

Any idea why that banner is all black in IE 11?

New Poster

No "sign out" option in the Xfinity eamil header bar (black)

Just recently whenever I open any of several email accounts with Xfinity, I no longer see the "Sign Out" option in the black header bar.  Before this I could click on "Sign Out" which would return me to the sign-in screen where I could then select a different email account.  The header bar also use to display the email account that I was currently working in, now that is no longer displayed either.  So presently to change from one email account to another I am forced to completely close all open Explorer sessions for Comcast and Xfinity and then open a new session, log-in and then select an email account.  Pain in the neck.  What is the cause and how to get it working correctly again?
Thanks

New Poster

OK Jordan,  at least the problem is acknowledge by Comcast.  Good.  Now can you also explain, in additon to the "Sign Out" problem, why the Xfinity header bar no longer displays the email account name that I currently have open?  It used to display part of the account name so I could see which email account was open (very helpful), but now its gone and has been for many months.

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

Comcast e-mail log-out button missing

Recently, I have to select "back button" to get to log-off my Comcast e-mail screen/page.  Why the change?  How can I get back to e-mail page log-off ?

Frequent Visitor

I also miss being able to see which email account is open...a big inconvenience when maintaining several accounts.Still no sign out option but thanks (Jordan and cc_xx) for at least acknowledging the problem. Note to all interested: Windows Live Mail allows you to see  and work with ALL your email accounts.

New Poster

log out of email

lost the log out icon on my email; how do I get that back?  Can't log out!

Frequent Visitor

Webmail page missing "Sign out" option for IE 11 in Xfinity banner

A friend complained to me that her webmail page was missing the "Sign out" option when she's using Internet Explorer 11; in Chrome this show up in the "Xfinity" banner right below the name of the user.  It also shows up if she switches to view the address book in Internet Explorer 11.  I was surprised to find the same is true when I sign into webmail with Internet Explorer 11.  Switching to Compatibility view doesn't help.  Does someone know if this is an error in the webpage coding?

New Poster

Email

How do I sign out of my email now?  The sign out option at the top right corner is gone.

Regular Visitor

Sign out

What happened to the name and sign out in the black line in email  to sign out when done?

New Poster

How do I sign out?

How do I sign out after checking my email? The "sign out" that used to be in the upper right hand corner of my email page is gone. Is this so they can keep watching you?

Regular Visitor

This has also been the case for us now, for the last week or so.  It's really annoying.

New Poster

Re: How do I sign out?

I am having the same problem. I am in Oregon.

Regular Visitor

Logging off e-mail

When I try to log off e-mail there is no place to do it. The black bar at the top is blank and the log-off box on the left is missing.  When I log on it is there but I can't log off.

Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: How do I sign out?

notme2day wrote: How do I sign out after checking my email? ...

Until they get this fixed, you'll need to switch to another page like http://www.comcast.net and sign out there.

Official Employee

Re: Logging off e-mail

Folks,

We believe we have identified a fix, which has been rolled out.  However, because of the nature of this issue, we are looking for feedback to ensure our fix addresses the issue.  Please feel free to sound off here if after closing your browser then go back into webmail whether the sign-out button (and the other images/links) have returned.

Thanks.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Contributor

Logout glitch

Something's terribly wrong! I refreshed the page and I found out that I'm still logged out of my Xfinity.com website! When I try to log back in, I ALWAYS get a "File not found" message and I can't log in anymore! But even though I'm still logged into Comcast on its other pages, only the Xfinity.com webstie STILL says I'm logged out! Please fix the "Logged out" glitch! Woman Sad 

Regular Contributor

Something's terribly wrong! I refreshed the page and I found out that I'm still logged out of my Xfinity.com website! When I try to log back in, I ALWAYS get a "File not found" message and I can't log in anymore! But even though I'm still logged into Comcast on its other pages, only the Xfinity.com webstie STILL says I'm logged out! Please fix the "Logged out" glitch! Woman Sad 

Official Employee

Angeldeb82,

Can you walk me through the steps you're taking and what you see on your screen.  I'm not sure what screen you're on when you see "file not found"

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Comcast Jordan, All is well. Sign out and other links have returned and are functional. I would still like an indication of which email account is open. Thank you for addressing the problem. 

Regular Visitor

I spoke too soon. I can access address book but none of the other links. Voice, Preferences,etc. just keep 'loading'. Sign out is working OK in all email accounts.

Frequent Visitor

Everything with mine is fixed.

Thanks Jordan.

Frequent Visitor

Closed everything out & logged back in.  Took a bit longer than usual,

but the Xfinity bar with signout is now showing and functional.

Thanks

Mark

Frequent Visitor

Ya, it's fixed, it definitely takes longer the first time I try to open it, after that it's cool.

As long as my sign out and other stuff is up there, I don't mind.

Regular Visitor

To paraphrase a Jack Nicholson movie line ... "It's ba-a-a-a-ck!"

Frequent Visitor

Same problem reappeared this morning - no signout and related tabs on the top

of the email page.

Frequent Visitor

Well, the exit and related items bar came back after I logged out & back in.  Strange behavior.