Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Missing POP3 e-mail

Regular Visitor

Missing POP3 e-mail

Perhaps I need to speak with an agent via chat/phone-based communication, but I'll first share my question here.  I have accumulated nearly 540 e-mail messages from 7 months ago through now.  They all appear on the webmail system.  However, messages from later July and before do not download, and if I do a username/password check on the POP3 server (mail.comcast.net) at port 110, the spool does not show all 540.   Recently, I had Outlook 2003 download my content, but only 350 out of the almost 540 (from later July thru today) were received, and the older content, while still showing on the webmail system, was not grabbed by Outlook.  I moved the more recent content to another folder in order to do some testing, and the earlier almost 190 remain in the Inbox on the webmail screen, but they do not download and the spool file size is 0 messages when I do the above-mentioned test. I marked those messages as unread to be extra certain.  Do I need to reference another port besides 110 in Outlook etc., or does that content need to be resynchronized so that it shows on the POP3 server along with the webmail Inbox where it still is present?

Thanks!

--Bill S.

Regular Visitor

Re: Missing POP3 e-mail

Point of clarification: Outlook is already pointed to POP3 port 995 as directed instead of 110, but still the content before the previously-mentioned time range fails to download. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Missing POP3 e-mail

I have exactly the same problem.  Did you ever get a solution from Comcast?