Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Missing Emails

ANSWERED
New Poster

Missing Emails

I been trying to get an email which would allow me to reset my PW for step tracking device. After repeated requests to have the reset link set to me i contacted the source and they said

"Did you check Norton forums on how to white-list a website or domain? This means allowing the email to get through without it being stuck on the server for security reasons. The emails from the domain that you white-list are automatically approved or are part of a safe senders list.

If white-listing the domain doesn't resolve the issue, you may need to create a new account using a new email address like gmail. Just a reminder, all the data from you current account is not transferable to the new account.

You also might want to check with Comcast if they have email filtering service on their end that blocks certain domains."

Called Norton & they said they don't block web based emails and i should contact Comcast.
Any idea how to fix this?
Accepted Solution

Re: Missing Emails

First, check your Spam folder to see if it's going there.  If not, call Comcast security to see if there is a blocking issue with that sender's domain------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

View answer in context
Email Expert

First, check your Spam folder to see if it's going there.  If not, call Comcast security to see if there is a blocking issue with that sender's domain------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Apparently, Microsoft put a new revision onto Outlook.com that is causing a lot of problems with retrieving emails from "third-party servers", such as Xfinity's. Here are a couple of links to forums that are discussing the problems. (I believe these are safe, but you may want to check that before clicking on them.) 

http://downdetector.com/status/outlook/news/167761-problems-at-outlook-2

https://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/10/06/microsoft_silent_outlookcom_woes/

In my case, my last downloaded email to come through and remain viewable on Outlook.com and, subsequently, to Outlook 2016, which is on my computers and phones, was at 10:08 am October 18, 2017, 2 1/2 days ago. Actually, I can send email without a problem. And if I send a test email to myself, it will show up in my in-box on my Xfinity on-line, But then, as soon as I refresh at Outlook.com, it disappears from the Xfinity inbox. (I do not have the "Leave a copy on the server" option selected for my account at Outlook.com, and now I cannot select it.) So, it appears that Outlook.com is downloading all my email, but won't let me see it!!!!! I hope it is not just deleting it. I checked the Junk and Deleted Items folders and it is not there. So, Microsoft seems to be hi-jacking all our email,at least, if not in fact murdering it. And, from those forums, they appear to be stone-walling us on the problem, as well. The Tech Support guy I talked to this afternoon had no clue.

Regular Visitor

As of 3:21 pm, October 21, 2017, my Outlook.com was back to normal, except that the emails after 10:09 pm, October 18 until then never came through.  I will open a ticket with Comcast to recover them.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation