Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Migrating Comcast email account to outside account

New Poster

Migrating Comcast email account to outside account

Although I have been using Comcast web based email since it was launched many years ago, I am moving to a new location that does not have Comcast service and am therefore cancelling my XFinity internet service (and do not have a voice service).  The FAQ says as long as the account was active 90 days before cancellation, and remains active thereafter (every 9 months), the web based email account will remain active.  Although I may end up moving back into an area serviced by Comcast, I have a concern about losing stored emails and attachments, and changing all my various accounts over to a new email outside of Comcast.

1. Is there any way to mass mail stored emails to another account outside of Comcast, including attachments?

2. Will all open email accounts remain open provided they are active?  I have several accounts.

3. Can I forward incoming emails to an outside account (I believe I used this before but turned it off to avoid duplicates)?

Thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Migrating Comcast email account to outside account

All you really need to do is enable the accounts in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Apple Mail or something like that.  That way the messages are both on your computer and on the Comcast server.  The ability to keep Comcast email accounts just went into use 6 days ago.  It has been a long time coming.  Make sure you keep signing into the accounts periodically.  I use Google calendar, and in your situation I would set up a permanent reminder to sign in to the account periodically so you don't forget.

As I understand it, the primary and any secondary accounts you have already will all still be accessible after you cancel service.  As long as you keep the account, you can always set it to auto-forward to any other email address you want.  This is what was posted by a Comcast employee--------------------------

Officially, as of 06/30/16 Comcast will allow customers to keep their email address and service even if they discontinue or downgrade their XFINITY services. Former XFINITY Internet or Voice customer can still use their Comcast.net email address if they log into their account in the 90 days prior to disconnecting their service. Their email account will remain active as long as they access it at least once every nine months. Just like their primary email account, their secondary email accounts must also be accessed in the 90 days prior to disconnecting service in order to continue to use their Comcast email account. If both accounts were accessed, they can continue to use both Comcast.net email addresses as usual.

After a customer disconnects or downgrades their service, they can still access their email account via the methods below:

XFINITY Connect (online on your laptop or PC).

The XFINITY Connect app.

Third‐party email applications (smartphones, tablets, etc.).

After customers disconnect or downgrade their service, they will still have access to the following email

features:

Calendar.

Address book.

Managing settings and preferences within My Account.

Deactivating email accounts.

Changing an existing email address.

However, they will no longer have access to the following features:

Adding new email account(s).

Viewing Voice and Text Messaging tabs within XFINITY Connect or the XFINITY Connect app.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Larocque:

Awesome reply, many thanks!
New Poster

Latoque,

Sorry about the spellcheck mistake on your name, it 'autocorrected' my correct spelling!