Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Microsoft Word Can't Email Through Comcast...

Regular Visitor

Microsoft Word Can't Email Through Comcast...

Hello All,

Well here's a doozy of a problem... Could just be entirely a Microsoft Issue, but I thought I would reach out to some of the smartest people that I know of.  Okay, using Office 2016 on my PC, fully licensed copy, after a document is typed select to send as an attachment via email, Word keeps telling me there is no email program associated with it and calls it a MAPI error.  Have gone round and round with Microsoft and just not getting anywhere... Any ideas/suggestions?  I am loathe to go into the system registry and start editing it, but I guess if that's what it takes, then so be it.  Thanks for listening, appreciate all the ideas and suggestions that I've read on here,  y'all are great (and funny at times too! ) 

Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Microsoft Word Can't Email Through Comcast...

OnD1 wrote:

Hello All,

Well here's a doozy of a problem... Could just be entirely a Microsoft Issue, but I thought I would reach out to some of the smartest people that I know of.  Okay, using Office 2016 on my PC, fully licensed copy, after a document is typed select to send as an attachment via email, Word keeps telling me there is no email program associated with it and calls it a MAPI error.  Have gone round and round with Microsoft and just not getting anywhere... Any ideas/suggestions?  I am loathe to go into the system registry and start editing it, but I guess if that's what it takes, then so be it.  Thanks for listening, appreciate all the ideas and suggestions that I've read on here,  y'all are great (and funny at times too! ) 

This isn't a registry issue, so you don't have to worry about that.

In order to email a document from Word you need a default email handler.  Think along the lines of Outlook, or some other email program.  While the new Comcast webmail [appsuite] can be set to handle mailto: links, I'm not sure that it will handle something sent from Word, but you can try.  If you have the new webmail, log in and from the Inbox view choose Compose.  You should see a line at the top that says "Add Mail (connect.xfinity.com) as an application for mailto links?" with "Add Application" to the far right.  If that doesn't work, you would need to set up Outlook [not outlook.com] or some other mail client to send documents from Word.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Thanks Again for the rapid response!

Regretfully, I must not have the new Comcast Webmail (appsuite) to which you refer.  Still working on resolving this issue, have spent way too many hours on this and am probably just going to only use the copy and paste feature into email.  Man, there are times that I really really hate Microsoft.  >Sigh<  Oh well, Thanks for trying to help!

Service Expert

OnD1 wrote:

Thanks Again for the rapid response!

Regretfully, I must not have the new Comcast Webmail (appsuite) to which you refer.  Still working on resolving this issue, have spent way too many hours on this and am probably just going to only use the copy and paste feature into email.  Man, there are times that I really really hate Microsoft.  >Sigh<  Oh well, Thanks for trying to help!

If you're on the old webmail the URL will have zimbra in it whereas the new webmail will have appsuite.

I've never been a big fan of Microsoft and can no longer afford the products; my last version is 2007.  So, I have recently begun using LibreOffice which is free and as robust as Microsoft Office.  While it doesn't have an email client, it has everything else that Office does, and since there are lots of free clients out there, that makes it versatile.

I don't use webmail since I am retired; I use Thunderbird email client exclusively and then I also access my default email on my phone.  LibreWriter also has a function for sending to email and it works with Thunderbird, and you can also email your document as a Word document; there are also a lot of options for saving a document including as a Word document.  So, for me, this all works wonderfully. 

Just passing along my experiences.  Good luck!  And if you need more help, feel free to post in the forums again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon