Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Message with Word attachment not delivered.

Contributor

Message with Word attachment not delivered.

I submit a monthly status report in Word format as an attachment. In 2 years, I have never had a problem. This month it didn't go through (unbeknownst to me). I never received a delivery failure msg. I tried sending the same file as an attachment to my gmail account. Never showed up and no delivery failure msg. What gives?

Contributor

Re: Message with Word attachment not delivered.

Tried Outlook client and Xfinity Webmail. Same thing. Message not delivered and no delivery failure message.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

sugargenius wrote: ... This month it didn't go through (unbeknownst to me). I never received a delivery failure msg. ...

Be aware that if Comcast decides an email you send violates their terms of service, they just throw it away. There's no bounce message, no notice to you, and no notice to the intended recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help you with this. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. Be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory resolution.

The only sure resolution to the problem is to use a competent email provider instead of Comcast.

Email Expert

wrote:

Tried Outlook client and Xfinity Webmail. Same thing. Message not delivered and no delivery failure message.

It's possible the message is being detected as Spam for some reason and triggering the filters.   If that is the case it just won't leave the outgoing server.  Try the same message again, but this time Bcc yourself and see if it winds up in your Spam filter.  If this is what's going on you need to Call Comcast security and find out why it's being marked.  Use the phone number provided above by BruceW.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation