New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Message Count in e-mail folders

ANSWERED
Contributor

Message Count in e-mail folders

It seems like Comcast continues to tinker with their e-mail app, almost on a daily basis.  I used to be able to hover my pointer over an e-mail folder and it would show the number of messages stored in that folder....now it's disappeared.  Has this feature been removed from the e-mail app?  Is so, why?  An extremely useful feature in cleaning up folders used everyday (ie, inbox, sent, trash, spam, etc).

billvonr

Accepted Solution

Re: Message Count in e-mail folders

billvonr wrote:

Latoque,

I've cleared my browsing history, but no change.  I've been using Chrome for several years now and really do not wish to use any other browser.  Is there a 'setting' or 'switch' that would toggle this count feature on and off?

Thanks,

billvonr

No, there is nothing you can set to change it.  It's just part of the software.  I'm using Chrome too and it works for me.  I'm on a Mac, but I don't know if that makes a difference for this.  Are you using the most recent iteration of Chrome?  I'm on v 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

View answer in context
Email Expert

That feature works just fine for me.  Try clearing your browsing history and restart the browser.  Or try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Latoque,

I've cleared my browsing history, but no change.  I've been using Chrome for several years now and really do not wish to use any other browser.  Is there a 'setting' or 'switch' that would toggle this count feature on and off?

Thanks,

billvonr

Email Expert

billvonr wrote:

Latoque,

Thanks,

billvonr

No, there is nothing you can set to change it.  It's just part of the software.  I'm using Chrome too and it works for me.  I'm on a Mac, but I don't know if that makes a difference for this.  Are you using the most recent iteration of Chrome?  I'm on v 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit)

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque,

Yes, I'm on the same version of Chrome (57.0.2987.133).  My log file shows it was installed on 4/5/2017, not sure if that was about when I noticed the message count feature was no longer showing up......hmmmm?  Also, wouldn't this feature be part of the Comcast e-mail app and not browser dependent?

billvonr

Email Expert

With a web page, browsers can cause all kinds of bizarre problems.  But yes, it could be unrelated to Chrome.  

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Latoque,

Thought you would like to know,  Chrome did an automatic update to the latest version (58.0.3029.96) 2 days ago, and the message count in all my e-mail folders has reappeared.......Go Figure!!!!

billvonr

Email Expert

Thanks.  I did notice that mine is working again too, and I'm using Chrome at the moment.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon