Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Managing email deliveries - finding old emails

Frequent Visitor

Managing email deliveries - finding old emails

1,) I can't find old emails.  I know I have not deleted these notes but they do not show up in any of my inbox.  I assume this is related to some option to display mail based upon a date.  How can I control this setting?  I assume these are still on the server somewhere!  I need some of this old email that I didn't delete!

2.) I have several email delivery systems: I use comcast.net email as my primary method, but I also see these through my Mail option on my mac, my mail option on my iPad and my mail option on my iPhone.  Is there a way that when I read this email from one of these devices, that I can delete it from all devices?  It is extremely unproductive to have to read the email 4-5 times and delete it 4-5 times!

3.) Is there a way to by-pass the entry email for xfinity?  Can I just go to my inbox account where I can manage all of my emails?

NEED HELP!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Managing email deliveries - finding old emails

racecar wrote:

1,) I can't find old emails.  I know I have not deleted these notes but they do not show up in any of my inbox.  I assume this is related to some option to display mail based upon a date.  How can I control this setting?  I assume these are still on the server somewhere!  I need some of this old email that I didn't delete!

2.) I have several email delivery systems: I use comcast.net email as my primary method, but I also see these through my Mail option on my mac, my mail option on my iPad and my mail option on my iPhone.  Is there a way that when I read this email from one of these devices, that I can delete it from all devices?  It is extremely unproductive to have to read the email 4-5 times and delete it 4-5 times!

3.) Is there a way to by-pass the entry email for xfinity?  Can I just go to my inbox account where I can manage all of my emails?

NEED HELP!

1-  Please check your Email Deletion Schedule.  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, then on Email.  A window opens.. Scroll down to EMAIL DELETION SCHEDULE and open it.  See how many days your Read and Unread Folder is set to when it automatically deletes all messages from the folder.

Does that explain the missing messages?

2-  At this time Comcast uses POP, you need IMAP to be able to do what you want to do.

3- No, you cannot by-pass the Preview,etc. and go directly to your Inbox.  

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Frequent Visitor

My settings for the email are NEVER to delete either unopened or opened mail.  I don't think they are really getting deleted but they no longer show up on my list of emails.  Is there a place where I can "pull back" old email that was never deleted?

Gold Problem Solver

Are you using the Full or the Lite version?   To check:  open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences>General... Which box is checked?

If you are using the LITE version, then you have pages of emails...Look on the far right side of the Inbox and you will see this: Page 1.JPG  If you have a second page, clicking on the arrow will bring up the next page.

You can also do a search on the Inbox page for old emails.  You can search by From, Subject, or by date.  Search for email.JPG

Hope this helps you.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Poster

I have read all the posts and nothing suggested works.  I have the full version of xfinity and my deletion schedule is set at "never".   I can only get emails from June.  I need emails from March of this calendar year.   Very important.  

Gold Problem Solver

Do you have ay email programs or devices configured in addition to XfinityConnect Full version?

Where did you have the emails?  Which Folder?  Inbox?  Or had you moved them to a Folder you created?

Have you checked Trash, and have you checked  which emails can be recovered using the Deleted Email Recovery feature, which is new.

Right click on the Trash Folder and select Recover Delted Email.

The new fature may not go back as far as you need tho- Mine only shows the month of Sweptember.

Post back with all the answers please..

CC

New Poster

I am having the same issues as everyone else. My email deletion schedule for My Read, Unread, and Sent files are set to Never, however, I still can't find old emails past
November 16, 2015 or anything prior to that date. 

I know they have not been deleted. Please help with this issue. Thank you.

Email Expert

Do you have the account enabled on another device that might be downloading the messages and then deleting them from the server?  A smartphone or tablet maybe?  If so you need to check to see if they are set up using POP3.  If they are that is the default behavior.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon