Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Mail on IPad/IPhone won't recognize User Name & Password from Comcast Email account

Frequent Visitor

Mail on IPad/IPhone won't recognize User Name & Password from Comcast Email account

I can not get Email on my IPad and IPhone and MacBook Air to connect to my Comcast account.

This started on or about 2/19/15, before all worked fine.  I started getting "Can't get mail" from my Comcast account.  I have deleted the account and attempted to Add Account back.

As I Add Account I choose other, Add Mail Account, enter my Name, Email, Password, Description.  It attempts to Verify, and returns "Cannot Get Mail, The user name or password for "imap.comcast.net" is incorrect.

I have gone to the Comcast web site (comcast.net) and signed in to my account.  To be sure I reset my password so I'm sure I have the one that works on my account.  My user name was confirmed by logging in, I know what Comcast thinks my user name and password are.

Now I go back to Add Account and do it all over (10 times or so) with the same result: Cannot Get Mail, the user name or password for "imap.comcast.net" is incorrect.  Where do I go from here???

Regular Visitor

Re: Mail on IPad/IPhone won't recognize User Name & Password from Comcast Email a

Ditto! Exactly describes my situation also!  New iphone...hope someone has found the answer!!

Service Expert

Re: Mail on IPad/IPhone won't recognize User Name & Password from Comcast Email a

Make sure your username and password match CASE exactly, especially your password.  b2@ngel is not the same as B2@ngel.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon