Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Mail from Xfinity (the company) is not being forwarded to me

Frequent Visitor

Mail from Xfinity (the company) is not being forwarded to me

Mail the Xfinity sends me (like "Countdown is over... what to watch this week") does not get forwared to the address I entered in the Settings. However, email that is sent to my xxx@comcast.net does get forwared to my home email address. I want to get Xfinity's emails about what is on TV and other announcements... but they don't arrive and it is a pain to log into "My Xfinity" to get it. Shouldn't their own email forward to me?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Mail from Xfinity (the company) is not being forwarded to me

I don't see this as an FCC issue. I don't use Comcast/Xfinity email server as my main mail box. In fact I don't use it at all... I don't give it out to anyone. All I want is for Xfinity's own email that they send (usually announcements about upcoming TV shows) to be forwared to my main email which I put in the "Forwards" settings. My guess is that this is not possible. It seems that only email sent from outside of Xfinity to my Xfinity email address gets forwarded. Makes no sense.

Gold Problem Solver

@Al8041 wrote: ... All I want is for Xfinity's own email that they send (usually announcements about upcoming TV shows) to be forwared to my main email ...

The address set up in the Communication prefs in My Account isn't always respected, but Auto-Forward in webmail does seem to be.

If you have the newer Open-Xchange "Appsuite" webmail ("connect.xfinity.com/appsuite/...") and haven't already set up auto-forwarding there, turn on (gear icon) / Settings / Mail / Mail Settings / Auto Forward and enter your target email address. This works for me and forwards all email that arrives in the Inbox. I also turned off the spam filter to ensure everything that arrives in my xxx@Comcast.net account gets forwarded.

Frequent Visitor

Yes I am using https://connect.xfinity.com/appsuite and I have turned on the auto-forward to my 'regular' email address (at one of my domains). It is not working for mail from Xfinity. It does work for any mail sent there by anyone else. For example if you sent me an email to my comcast.net address it would go to Xfinity AND be forwarded to my other address. But mail from inside Xfinity (upcoming TV shows as well as notifications from this support forum since I 'subscribe' to this thread)DO NOT get forwarded. They arrive in the Xfinity box and stay there. 

My question to you is are you getting Xfinitiy's company generated mail forwarded to you or does it just stay in the Inbox waiting for you to check it? 

I'm new to Xfinity and their TV and internet service is solid where I live. Now if only their OWN mail would forward to me it would be perfect! 

Thanks.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation