Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MY FONT is huge, in email & Hmpage! Help!

New Poster

MY FONT is huge, in email & Hmpage! Help!

Hi..I hope someone can help me here. The font in the body of my email when I type, is huge. I do not know how I did this. It's my doing, I just can't remember HOW. As i type right now? I selected "medium" size font, and it's astronomically big. It won't change. I went to "Display" and tried fooling with some things but nothing worked.  When I clickon my hmpg in 2nd user, (where the problem is,) the font where we read the 'news' is so big I can't view it all. Some of the font runs across each other, as it's too big for the page in the news page. Could anyone out there help me? Its frustrating .. esp. when I get business email and its imperative I know every word. Thank you... :smileyvery-happy:
Most Valued Poster

Re: MY FONT is huge, in email & Hmpage! Help!

Put you left finger on the Ctrl key, while rolling the wheel on the mouse forward. If this doesn't help, let us know.

Bill

Message Edited by Bill260 on 06-07-2006 07:12 AM

Bill260 wrote:

Put you left finger on the Ctrl key, while rolling the wheel on the mouse forward. If this doesn't help, let us know.

Bill

Message Edited by Bill260 on 06-07-2006 07:12 AM

I hope that your advice helps the original poster.  I just wanted to jump in here and thank you for teaching me something new.  (:  I knew that this worked in Excel, but didn't realize that it worked in IE and Firefox as well. 

Another way to adjust font sizes in IE and Firefox is to go to View --> Text Size and select the size you want to use.  The normal default in IE is Medium. 
Email Expert

Firesbane wrote:

I knew that this worked in Excel, but didn't realize that it worked in IE and Firefox as well. 

People often forget about one of the main advantages that Windows brought to computer users:  that the same commands work in all programs across the board.  In fact, that was probably THE most important aspect of Windows.  Before then, each software program has it's own stable of commands.  So, for instance, if you went from a spreadsheet to word processor to database, you had to know the three different "save" commands.  Most programs came with (or you could purchase) reference cards to keep by your keyboard.  I used to have a stack of them.

mady

>

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I had this problem and I went to view. Zoom text was checked. I unchecked it and that took care of the problem.

Connection Expert

Nine and a half year old thread now closed...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon