Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MS Exchange Server

MS Exchange Server

I was wondering why I am still unable to access my email through the m/soft exchange server? Is Comcast still blocking the port?
Any advice/response would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Re: MS Exchange Server

I am having this same problem. I sure wish someone could find an answers as to when or if they will release these ports.

I was able to connect my Outlook 2000 to the company's exchange server 2000 last week after the first wave of MSBLASK attack. But even since the second wave of the attack on last Saturday, August 16, now I am NOT able to connect my Outlook to the company's mail server. Do Comcast block out port # 135 on their network? Thanks.
Regular Contributor

I'm assuming so, as I lost the ability to connect Outlook to work from home at the same time. If so, I appreciate the security precaution, but I'll be glad when they can stand down from it. It's not essential for me to be able to, but it's certainly a major convenience.
New Poster

Having the same issue.  Have been on the phone with Comcast for the last week and finally tonight was almost at the firewall team and my call was disconnected.   I don't have hours each night to get transferred over and over.  I work in IT and have done all the troubleshooting I can do on my end and at work.  This is 100% an issue as it just started when I installed my new router.  If anyone reads these messages in Support that can actually help, PLEASE contact me.  I do a lot of work from home so this is not just an inconvenience for me.  Wish we could get some answers!!!!  I'm ready to hook up our old modem/router at this point and send this Cisco dpc3941t back!

Service Expert

This is a 12 year old thread, so locking it.

Residential email doesn't use MS Exchange. If you're a business class customer, you need to be posting in the business class forums.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon