Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

MAPI email system

Regular Visitor

MAPI email system

My Comcast email will not allow me to attach a file which is about 22MB zipped. Therefore I would like to use WinZip "Zip and Share" to send this file. However WinZip's service works only with the MAPI system.

How can I get Comcast to convert my email to MAPI

Tags (1)
Email Expert

Re: MAPI email system

Are you using only the Xfinity webmail portal?  Or are you using an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird?  I think you mean IMAP---not MAPI?  There is no MAPI I ever heard of.  IMAP would be a protocol to use in a client program.  If you are indeed using a client, here are the settings you need to use IMAP-----------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: MAPI email system

ctd22 wrote:

My Comcast email will not allow me to attach a file which is about 22MB zipped. Therefore I would like to use WinZip "Zip and Share" to send this file. However WinZip's service works only with the MAPI system.

How can I get Comcast to convert my email to MAPI

You can't get Comcast to convert your email to MAPI. Ain't gonna happen. MAPI isn't really an email protocol, it's a Microsoft thingy. It allows you to send stuff via email from within an application on your computer. It's not going to help you send a "too large" file, though. And, 22 MB is *not* too large. What *exactly* was the error message you saw when you attached that 22 MB file.